• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Re: End of Life annoucement #81 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 18 May 2020 - 15:53

Could you enable "CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_IUU" in all defconfig's (as module)?

Updated all repositories.

Edited by neo, 18 May 2020 - 15:53.

Re: End of Life annoucement #82 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 18 May 2020 - 16:15

Thanks !

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: End of Life annoucement #83 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 19 May 2020 - 14:25

I made a working setup which maybe reduce the maintains and cleanup work.

All models where build succesfull with Thud branch.

When accept Openpli should can cleanup the gits with "git rm meta-xtrend" and remove it from makefile.

I made one BSP layer for Xtrend, Xpeedc, GI, sab and miraclebox

neo can copy it if he want, Spycat has a bit different structure and Amiko and formuler I can probably easy add.

I do not think we should support old drivers as this are for hobby only and they can easily add the changes if they want.

https://github.com/w...romium/meta-neo

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

:rolleyes:                :rolleyes:

Re: End of Life annoucement #84 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 19 May 2020 - 15:56

I am not sure this is a handy move.

It may reduce the number of repositories, but I am not sure it will reduce the maintance. In most cases, consolidation adds complexity.

As to old drivers, I assume you refer to Xtrend?

People have explicitly asked for the option to be able to homebuild with old drivers, as the latest ones aren't stable for all users. I don't see a problem with providing them, just a few files and an unmaintained branch.

Edited by neo, 19 May 2020 - 15:56.

Re: End of Life annoucement #85 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 19 May 2020 - 17:07

I am not sure this is a handy move.

It may reduce the number of repositories, but I am not sure it will reduce the maintance. In most cases, consolidation adds complexity.

As to old drivers, I assume you refer to Xtrend?

People have explicitly asked for the option to be able to homebuild with old drivers, as the latest ones aren't stable for all users. I don't see a problem with providing them, just a few files and an unmaintained branch.

I think basic concern for EOL is that it will build with latest Openpli.

Support of older drivers is no problem it will cost only time and it will become a bit more difficult when it needs to been update again.

Anyway think of it to blob it all in one BSP.

Now almost all BSP layer need major maintains and except from Xtrend all other failed.

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

Re: End of Life annoucement #86 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,756 posts

+81
Good

Posted 19 May 2020 - 18:21

@WTE

Who is we?
You don't have to do anything?
You want to sell new boxes, nothing more.
Why are you interested in the possible easier access to very good old drivers from Xtrend?

Re: End of Life annoucement #87 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 19 May 2020 - 21:59

@WTE

Who is we?
You don't have to do anything?
You want to sell new boxes, nothing more.
Why are you interested in the possible easier access to very good old drivers from Xtrend?

With my minimal knowledges I try to help and nothing more as I have some time left with the Terrible CoronaVirus but guys like you take out all the fun of it.

If I want to sell only new boxes what you assume why would I spend almost a day for EOL boxes to fix all layers.....

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

Re: End of Life annoucement #88 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 19 May 2020 - 22:15

Let us wait and see what OpenPLi thinks about it. I have not seen their response yet.

Re: End of Life annoucement #89 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2020 - 22:39

My 2ct's:

I don't have any real preference, although usually small and specialized is easier to maintain than big and monilithic. As for the builds it doesn't really matter.

In the end it is your call, you are maintaining them now ;).

As to Amiko and Formuler: attempts are ongoing by different parties to contact the BSP developers, it might be they struggle with the economic effects of Corona, but it could also be their offices are closed and they don't respond to email. If or when they surface again, we will revert back to the official BSP's.

Also, some of the EOL hardware might be dropped for OpenPLi 8, due to the small flash or memory of the box. It might be more complex to remove them from the BSP when everything is integrated.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: End of Life annoucement #90 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:19

I don't have any real preference, although usually small and specialized is easier to maintain than big and monilithic.

I tend to agree with this.

Re: End of Life annoucement #91 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:55

We're discussing the proposal of WTE and we're not yet finished, but it seems we're going into the direction were we prefer neo's proposal, at least for the moment.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: End of Life annoucement #92 twol

• 442 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:20

My 2ct's:

I don't have any real preference, although usually small and specialized is easier to maintain than big and monilithic. As for the builds it doesn't really matter.

In the end it is your call, you are maintaining them now ;).

As to Amiko and Formuler: attempts are ongoing by different parties to contact the BSP developers, it might be they struggle with the economic effects of Corona, but it could also be their offices are closed and they don't respond to email. If or when they surface again, we will revert back to the official BSP's.

Also, some of the EOL hardware might be dropped for OpenPLi 8, due to the small flash or memory of the box. It might be more complex to remove them from the BSP when everything is integrated.

@WanWizard - no idea how far you are with chasing down Amiko, but on the WoS forum there are regular posts by Amiko UK (retailer, importer - no idea) but if you haven’t talked to them , they probably can give an idea of the situation.

Edited by twol, 23 May 2020 - 11:20.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: End of Life annoucement #93 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:26

We have direct contacts that don't respond, and also the Dutch distributor doesn't get any response.

Amiko UK is the UK/Ireland distributor. I am not sure they can do much, the only E2 box they sell is the Viper 4K.

Maybe I should give them a visit once this corona business is out of the way, they're only a mile away from our datacentre ;).

Re: End of Life annoucement #94 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 23 May 2020 - 14:55

The Amiko box  is an oem version of Formuler4Turbo and Formuler stopped with Enigma2 and concentrate on cheap Android boxes.

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

Re: End of Life annoucement #95 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 23 May 2020 - 15:02

Was to be expected. Although it would have been polite to at least let their distributors know...

Re: End of Life annoucement #96 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 3 June 2020 - 15:42

Neo,

WTE has created separate updates for 5 of the BSP repo's. Please do not merge them yet, until we're ready to update develop (which currently has some OE update issues).

Also, I've seen that wifi driver dependencies were added to them, something we don't like, we prefer to do that in meta-openpli, so all boxes have the same installed ( = easier to support ).

Re: End of Life annoucement #97 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 25 August 2020 - 14:27

Neo,

Could you create a BSP repo for meta-dream, with a copy of our current develop branch? It's the only BSP still in our repo, and it shouldn't be there.

Re: End of Life annoucement #98 neo

• PLi® Contributor
  • 712 posts

+44
Good

Posted 30 August 2020 - 22:10

Sorry for the late response, family reasons.

I've created https://github.com/n...bsps/meta-dream, with a copy from pli-oe-core (develop).

Re: End of Life annoucement #99 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 30 August 2020 - 22:29

No problem, thanks!

Re: End of Life annoucement #100 sajattv

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 November 2020 - 13:40

Hi

Please help me.

I have No1 Nova Combo.

I find openpli image.

Everybody have?

THX

J

5 user(s) are reading this topic