Photo

DM8000 OpenPLi Enigma2 crash log

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 olb

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 March 2020 - 18:27

latest crash log (2 pcs) after latest update yesterday.
can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

Re: DM8000 OpenPLi Enigma2 crash log #2 64pippo

• 85 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2020 - 18:35

hi, first i flashed my box,via ethernet cable,than i updated the image( although it was the latest image) it did another update,and than the second time when i looked for updates he told me no updates necessary.. everything works fine now.only updating the box didn´t help, i had to flash and update the box, but now works perfectly. maybe it helps you.

Re: DM8000 OpenPLi Enigma2 crash log #3 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 31 March 2020 - 20:50

@olb:

Probably some OpenWebif problem, hm...

I tried to update OpenPLi (7.2) on my Vu+ SoloSE V2 right now and everything is running OK:

Attached File  screen.jpg   174.75KB   1 downloads

Edited by s3n0, 31 March 2020 - 20:50.

Re: DM8000 OpenPLi Enigma2 crash log #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,565 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2020 - 12:40

Python twisted library bug, thought I'd patched that some time ago?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: DM8000 OpenPLi Enigma2 crash log #5 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 1 April 2020 - 17:03

@WanWizard:

I don't think so, uhm ... :-/ he had a similar problem also before: https://forums.openp...1/#entry1124620

Probably some error caused by another plugin or improper code modification (I mean OpenWebif source code).

Could there be an old .py source file in the OpenWebif plugin directory "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/stream.py" ?

This .py source could then overwrite a new version of the updated .pyo file each time you update OpenWebif and then restart Enigma ?

@olb:

I recommend to reinstall OpenWebif, but this is often a complicated step (installing and uninstalling also all dependencies on this OpenWebif base package).

The OpenWebif plugin should also be able to be uninstalled and then installed again via the Plugin-MENU directly in the GUI MENU (using the remote control unit).

Or if you know, how to use the shell (command-line) for example via PUTTY application, then read on:

As first, please try... only just to delete all .py files from the OpenWebif plugin directory while Enigma is stopped and then try to reinstall the OpenWebif and then start Enigma again:

init 4        # stop the Enigma
rm -fr /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/*.py
opkg update
opkg install --force-depends --force-reinstall enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif
init 3        # start the Enigma

You can also use a brute force method (should work):

init 4        # stop the Enigma
rm -fr /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/*
cd /tmp
wget -O webif.zip https://codeload.github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif/zip/master
unzip webif.zip
mv -f /tmp/e2openplugin-OpenWebif-master/plugin/* /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/
rm -fr /tmp/e2openplugin-OpenWebif-master /tmp/webif.zip
init 3        # start the Enigma
sleep 30      # wait cca 30 seconds and then remove all source files - from OpenWebif plugin directory:
rm -fr /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/*.py

Or simply reflash the entire firmware OpenPLi again, in your set-top box :).

Re: DM8000 OpenPLi Enigma2 crash log #6 olb

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 April 2020 - 09:22

Thanks for the answers, but the error is still there after the update a few days ago.
So all suggestions are still welcome.
Happy Easter to all

Attached Files

Re: DM8000 OpenPLi Enigma2 crash log #7 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,263 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2020 - 10:01

What are you doing during the crash? Do you have the webif port open on the www? If so the issue may come from outside as somethings tries to stream from your box as far I can see

Edited by littlesat, 5 April 2020 - 10:02.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: DM8000 OpenPLi Enigma2 crash log #8 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 5 April 2020 - 12:11

@olb:

Did you try to reinstall OpenWebif - as I wrote ?

Was the reinstallation successful ?

You could still run debug mode (into a file) and then insert the created debug-file (after throwing an error) into the discussion.

https://wiki.openpli...he_command_line

https://wiki.openpli..._to_a_USB_stick

Edited by s3n0, 5 April 2020 - 12:18.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users