Entone Amulet - OpenPLI install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SwissAdi

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 April 2020 - 20:05

Hello All,

I'm trying to get OpenPLi installed on my old Entone Amulet rebranded by Sunrise (internet Provider in Switzerland). After opening it and finding the UART connector i saw that during the boot there were many similarities with other devices supported by OpenPLi. Which make me think that it should be possible to crack into it.

But i need help on what to do and how to do it as i'm quiet newbie on this kind of things. I have dumped the boot log here :

pastebin.com/Zp28f3HT

If there is someone motivated to give a try we could add a new supported device in the list :)

Regards

Adi

Re: Entone Amulet - OpenPLI install #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,597 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2020 - 21:28

BCM7413b1 chipset and a 2.6.31 kernel, so a real antique, looks like some clone of a DM800HDse.

First port of call is to find or extract the Linux DVB drivers, figure out which flash format the box needs, and how to actually flash it.

Once you have those, you can start thinking about creating a Kernel 2.6.31 based BSP for it, and once you have that, you should be able to build an image.

You have to ask yourself whether or not you have the knowledge for all this, and if it is worth it, since with a 450Mhz CPU, 512Mb memory, and 256Mb Flash, it is going to be slow as a Lada full of elephants going uphill... ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Entone Amulet - OpenPLI install #3 SwissAdi

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:55

:D ok I see Then it probably do not worth it.... let's just close the topic then ;)

thanks for the reply :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users