oscam 11578

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 nandinhus

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 April 2020 - 19:59

Hello,

how can I configure oscam 11578 on openpli? I can install it but I can't configure it to work.

Thanks  :unsure:

Re: oscam 11578 #2 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2020 - 20:29

Wrong architecture?
Correcte config directory gebruikt voor de oscam bestanden?
Kun je de OScam WebIF wél benaderen?

Edited by mimisiku, 13 April 2020 - 20:32.

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: oscam 11578 #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2020 - 21:15

More info is needed, the TS doesn't give any details to work with.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: oscam 11578 #4 nandinhus

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:40

Hello, I installed the file "enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.578-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk", which appears on the softcam, but then I can not configure it to work.

The folder etc/tuxbox/config appears with this image,

I tried to transport the oscam.conf and oscam.server files from the OSCAM folder, but oscam 11578 still does not work.

Edited by nandinhus, 15 April 2020 - 02:41.

Re: oscam 11578 #5 abumarya

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:38

why you add from out the feed oscam-emu has it

add it and it will work fine

Re: oscam 11578 #6 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:36

Yes  don't install an IPK as you can install it using the  GUI, so menu -> plugins -> download plugins  -> softcams https://wiki.openpli.org/Plugin_Wiki

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: oscam 11578 #7 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:36

Hello, I installed the file "enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.578-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk", which appears on the softcam, but then I can not configure it to work.

I tried to transport the oscam.conf and oscam.server files from the OSCAM folder, but oscam 11578 still does not work.

The picture clearly shows that you have more configuration directories. Probably your Oscam uses a different configuration directory.

For example, you can find the correct configuration directory via Shell (if the "-c" argument appears in the oscam command line statement):

ps | grep oscam

Or via Oscam-Webif (in your web-browser): Files -> oscam.version -> check the entry "ConfigDir"

http://IP_address_of_your_set-top-box:8888

Since some IPK installation packages can also change the oscam-webif port, it is better to detect the oscam cfg-directory via Shell.

I agree with the view above, although you do not need to install third-party Oscam, as the PLi feed already contains Oscam (it's not always the latest version, but it's up to date and stable, and only a few weeks old). So the best thing for you would be to use Oscam from the PLi feed. You can install it either through Plugin MENU > Softcams .... or via the Shell, with the package manager:

opkg update
opkg list | grep oscam
opkg install <package_name>

Re: oscam 11578 #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:41

Do NOT install all sorts of third party packages. Simply DONT.

If you are so horny for higher version numbers, install Oscam from the feed, and only manually replace the oscam binary itself.

If there is a legitimate reason for a higher version (i.e. it actually fixes something), simply ask and we'll update the build.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: oscam 11578 #9 plmatrix

• 9 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 April 2020 - 14:26

i had the same problem, i also cant start oscam "from the internet" and cant manage it via www, and no one wants to solve this problem.

The "ONLYONE" and the "RIGHT" answer was : "why instal another oscam insteed this one from feed"

PS see this topic: https://forums.openp...enpli-72-oscam/

PS2 - other images works fine with "other" oscam, and hasn't problems like this one

Edited by plmatrix, 15 April 2020 - 14:29.

Re: oscam 11578 #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 15 April 2020 - 14:39

i had the same problem, i also cant start oscam "from the internet" and cant manage it via www, and no one wants to solve this problem.

The "ONLYONE" and the "RIGHT" answer was : "why instal another oscam insteed this one from feed"

Seems to me you have had your answer?

If you insist on installing something unknown, don't complain here if you can't make it work, especially if there is absolutely ZERO reason for doing so.

Re: oscam 11578 #11 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 15 April 2020 - 15:01

But that is the right answer. There is no big difference between the version currently on the PLi feed server and the current version of the latest oscam.

However, the best way to keep your configuration is to overwrite only the binary file. Not a startup script with different arguments from another IPK package.

You can normally install oscam-emu from the PLi feed server and then overwrite the binary file. You can download another binary file from the internet if you want, from anywhere (if you trust a trusted source of binary files). Stop the Oscam via Shell (killall -9 oscam ....or... /etc/init.d/softcam stop), overwrite the binary file (/usr/bin/oscam....) but rename the oscam binary file name if it is different as your current, and then again start your new oscam (/etc/init.d/softcam start) or simply restart the set-top box (reboot). So everything remains in its original place, including the start-script. You only change the binary file in the /usr/bin folder.

Everything else has been explained above. If you have another problem, write what.

BTW, when you install the Softcam package from other Enigma distribution, there is usually a dependency on libraries present in Linux.

The Softcam installation package may also depend on the Enigma type - still need to activate one of the installed Softcams. Usually you can find it in MENU -> Softcam Panel / Info Panel. And on the contrary, with some IPK packages (types of Enigma) you do not have to activate the currently installed Softcam in the Enigma GUI-MENU at all.

Therefore, it is not recommended to mix different IPK packages, in different Enigms - especially if you are not an experienced IT engineer.

Edited by s3n0, 15 April 2020 - 15:05.

Re: oscam 11578 #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 15 April 2020 - 15:59

OpenPLi has a softcam management system no other image has, if you install only the Oscam package, you miss all the ancillary packages, which alone make it not work.

Re: oscam 11578 #13 nandinhus

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 April 2020 - 18:16

OpenPLi has a softcam management system no other image has, if you install only the Oscam package, you miss all the ancillary packages, which alone make it not work.

Thank you for your help. my equipment have "freeze's" in some channels, so I tried to put the last OSCAM version.
I'll remove the OSCAM I installed and wait for new OpenPLI updates.

Thank you  ;)  :thumbs-up:

Re: oscam 11578 #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 16 April 2020 - 18:31

I've updated the 7.2-release config, so after the weekend 11578 should be available in the feed.

Re: oscam 11578 #15 nandinhus

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 April 2020 - 19:48

I've updated the 7.2-release config, so after the weekend 11578 should be available in the feed.

Nice  :thumbs-up: . Thank you very much. Be safe.  :)

Re: oscam 11578 #16 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 16 April 2020 - 20:02

nandinhus

Hello! What will you do if by this time, for example, the 11579 version is released?  :)

Alcohol for wimps. Strong people enjoy depression.

Re: oscam 11578 #17 Taykun345

• 1,296 posts

+41
Good

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:37

He will try to install ipk again?

JOking ... :)

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: oscam 11578 #18 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:29

Thank you for your help. my equipment have "freeze's" in some channels, so I tried to put the last OSCAM version.
I'll remove the OSCAM I installed and wait for new OpenPLI updates.

Thank you  ;)  :thumbs-up:

Your problem, however, will not be caused by the Oscam version or any bugs in the Oscam source code. Your problem will be 90% in the wrong configuration of Oscam. You must know how to set it up. That's the problem. Oscam needs a different configuration for each card.

Sometimes it may happen that BUG appears from version to version. Sometimes it happens that your DVB-provider somehow adjusts the encoding and then you need an up-to-date Oscam (as a well-known SKY DE problem that is being solved). Such problems occur every 5 years and only in the case of some DVB providers.

How to install Oscam manually and not through the package manager has already been explained 10x. Just search the forum or use Google.

Edited by s3n0, 17 April 2020 - 09:31.

Re: oscam 11578 #19 nandinhus

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 April 2020 - 17:42

last update works fine. thanks  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users