Photo

UI hang after Skin Install on Vu+ Solo2 - How to go back

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 clabrut

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2020 - 17:07

Hello, I just installed the Skin "Skin-Elgato-HD-CN_OpenPLi7_all.ipk" on my Vu + Solo2 demo and the User Interface no longer works. Can you tell me if I can go back knowing that I don't have access to the system?

I am on OpenPLI last Version 7.2

Thank you for your help

Re: UI hang after Skin Install on Vu+ Solo2 - How to go back #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2020 - 17:33

How did you install it if you don't have access to the system?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: UI hang after Skin Install on Vu+ Solo2 - How to go back #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2020 - 17:57

Via console/putty to the box and remove the skin setting line from /etc/enigma2/settings

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: UI hang after Skin Install on Vu+ Solo2 - How to go back #4 clabrut

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2020 - 21:47

Thank for you answer  ;)

I install it manualy in OpenPLI menu, I hang wen the Solo2 a restart !

Thank's  LittleSat, i will see your idea, i will see that.

Finally, I solve my problem (with PUTTY) by deleting the folder of the bad Skin :

/usr/share/enigma2/Elgato-HD-CN

Skin-Elgato-HD-CN_OpenPLi7_all.ipk was the file like not compliant with the Vu+ solo2 or OpenPLI7.2   ?! I do not know !

Did you see where i can find the Other Skin for my hardware and OpenPLI 7.2  ?

Re: UI hang after Skin Install on Vu+ Solo2 - How to go back #5 Ton68

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2020 - 22:02

I don't really understand that one can download skins from the PLI server under the skins menu and they actually prevent many STB's from starting up. Why offer skins that are not compatible? If skins are not compatible don't put them on your server. More then odd that the PLI team puts these skins on the downloads whilst knowing they screw up many stb's.

Re: UI hang after Skin Install on Vu+ Solo2 - How to go back #6 Ton68

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2020 - 22:14

How did you install it if you don't have access to the system?

What a strange way to answer this question of course one can install a skin and after restarting the  UI/PLI won't boot. these skins that are not compatible should be removed so this problem can't occur.

Re: UI hang after Skin Install on Vu+ Solo2 - How to go back #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2020 - 22:17

That skin is not in our downloads, and the TS literaly wrote "I don't have access to the system".

Solutions for the problem depends on what access the TS did have, hence my question.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: UI hang after Skin Install on Vu+ Solo2 - How to go back #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2020 - 22:18

What a strange way to answer this question of course one can install a skin and after restarting the  UI/PLI won't boot. these skins that are not compatible should be removed so this problem can't occur.

If you let us know which ones no longer work, and we'll remove them.

Re: UI hang after Skin Install on Vu+ Solo2 - How to go back #9 clabrut

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2020 - 22:56

Yes it-s true, That skin is not in "openpli.org"  downloads . I find it on a other website.

Sorry if i misspoke  !

I would really like to find a Skin certified for my Solo2 and OpenPLI 7.2. Indeed, I find that the Skins provided in the official distribution are really sad and not ergonomic. I would like to find an equivalent to "MX_Titanium_C" from OpenBlackHole !!

Re: UI hang after Skin Install on Vu+ Solo2 - How to go back #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2020 - 23:14

Ergonomic? What do you mean by that? Usability is not controlled by the skin, all operate exactly the same.

Maybe check the skins forum, compatible skins are posted regularly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users