Restart Oscam after each start up

Oscam HD 51

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Belgianviking

• 47 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2020 - 13:16

I am running an Octagon SF 8008 as a server and and HD 51 as a client, Both boxes have been updated recently to OpenPli 7.2 and are running Oscam.

I have never experienced this issue before but today I have to restart Oscam each time after starting up the Mutant HD 51.

Why is Oscam de-activated after shutting down (power off) the HD 51? How can I solve this issue?

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #2 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2020 - 14:15

Please, do an update and it will be corrected.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #3 Belgianviking

• 47 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2020 - 15:12

Do you mean an update of OpenPli 7.2?

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2020 - 15:50

You are probably missing the "softcam-support" package, this was a bug in last weeks build, and was corrected tonight.

So a normal software update should give you an updated oscam package with the correct dependency.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #5 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 27 April 2020 - 16:30

A similar problem existed with Formuler set-top boxes. In deep standby mode (turning off the set-top box to 100% standby mode) caused Oscam to stop working. The manufacturer solved this by patching their CFE boot-loader. So users flashed the new CFE boot-loader and then everything worked.

I don't know why this problem arose with Formuler devices ... apparently the whole interface of the internal card reader froze with that deep standby, and Oscam couldn't handle it after turning it on again. In your case, of course, the problem may be elsewhere. Maybe you just have an inappropriate startup "init.d" shell-script or the Oscam startup method doesn't work properly for a reason unknown to me.

What version of Oscam are you using?

Try how someone advised you - to update the Oscam from PLi feed.

Edited by s3n0, 27 April 2020 - 16:31.

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #6 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2020 - 16:56

@S3N0 This has nothing to do with it, this is just a bug that has been corrected in last night build, so updating will suffice.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #7 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 28 April 2020 - 18:11

You mean BUG in the IPK installation package on the PLi feed server ? OK, sorry. :thumbs-up:

I do not use installation packages from the feed. I always use only the manual way of installing the SoftCAM.

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 28 April 2020 - 18:13

Yes.

If you install it manually, you either need to install softcam-support manually too, or provide your own init.d scripts.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #9 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 29 April 2020 - 00:38

I definitely don't need any softcam support to install :) in PLi. If the binary does not work, because it is blocked by some algorithm from the PLi components, then I would rather modify the PLi code :).

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 29 April 2020 - 00:40

???

All I said was that softcam-support provides the init.d scripts for all the softcams in our feeds. What does that have to do with PLi code or "algorithms"?

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #11 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:52

What exactly does the term "softcam-support" mean to you ? Because I probably don't understand you.

The "init.d" scripts are "linuxoid". They are something like part of Linux systems. It has absolutely nothing to do with Enigma.

Typically, for most current Enigma distributions, a softcam is detected by the filename "/etc/init.d/softcam.<softcam-name>". However, directly under "/etc/init.d/softcam" there is no shell script, but there is only a symbolic-link that points to a specific softcam "init.d" script (set under the Enigma GUI, but of course Enigma is not needed for that).

However, running softcam is affected by the Linux system. Not affected by Enigma2 GUI / Python. Python launchers for softcams are no longer used by most Enigmas. This means that Enigma is not needed at all to run softcams.

Furthermore, in the Enigma GUI may or may not support the display of these softcams (softcams supported by some SKINs). However, it is all independent of Enigma. It runs in the background as a separate binary code. Completely independent of the Enigma GUI.

So, no softcam-support is needed there. It is enough to have only a basic knowledge of a Linux administrator. These "init.d" scripts are primitive shell scripts and you don't need to know so much to run your own softcam.

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #12 Belgianviking

• 47 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:06

Thanks. All ok now after the software update.

Re: Restart Oscam after each start up #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:34

What exactly does the term "softcam-support" mean to you ? Because I probably don't understand you.

softcam-support is an ipk package. Which contains the generic init.d scripts for all our softcam ipk packages. Which is why it is needed to autostart the installed softcam from our feed.

It is not related by Enigma at all, it does exactly what you describe.

All Enigma does is change the symlink if you select a different softcam in the menu.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Oscam, HD 51

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users