• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Re: branch zeus #101 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2020 - 13:37

For me I see the value for h265 (!) encoding, although it will be very slow for HD and UHD encoding. I don't think it will make the difference in image size. Also AFAIK ffmpeg is not installed in the image initially anyway.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: branch zeus #102 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2020 - 13:41

Why the renames?

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: branch zeus #103 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 19 June 2020 - 13:51

What do you mean by renaming?

As I said, so not a pull request.
I had already suspected that not everything is wanted.
So you can quickly pick out the desired one yourself if necessary.

Re: branch zeus #104 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2020 - 13:58

The last patch does rename a couple of files. But apparently the patch is not usable 1:1 anyway. I'd prefer a PR of course!

Re: branch zeus #105 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 19 June 2020 - 14:16

;)

and then how ??
with x265 or without?
You have a number of receivers that could use this feature. Regardless of whether it seems slower for some or the other.
With update to the latest version ffmpeg4.23 or without?
It is not made so easy.
Maybe someone knows how to do it right, he can use the patches with pleasure.

Re: branch zeus #106 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2020 - 14:50

Did the comparison Zeus -> Develop for the HD51 / VS1500:

Zeus: 198M
Delelop: 223M

main differences:

+4M	./usr/share (caused by complete tzdata)
+6M	./usr/lib/enigma2 (4M in Plugins, mainly caused by OpenWebif)
+14M	./usr/lib/python2.7 (more and larger packages, p.e. twisted +7M)

Nothing much to strip here, so I think we need a BSP change for more room in the filesystem.

edit: which I now see has already been arranged. :thumbs-up:

Edited by WanWizard, 19 June 2020 - 14:53.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: branch zeus #107 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2020 - 15:02

? Zeus and Develop ? We have Zeus=Develop. Did you mean 7.3rc (Sumo) versus develop (Zeus) or no ?

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: branch zeus #108 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2020 - 15:26

I meant the zeus branch vs the develop branch.

There is no sumo, 7.3-rc is still Pyro. ;)

In the meantime there was a BSP for both to increase the filesystem (thanks to WTE), there is currently a test build of develop running.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: branch zeus #109 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2020 - 15:40

my mistake, i meant pyro...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: branch zeus #110 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2020 - 17:36

Both the develop build for the hd51 and the vs1500 have succeeded. So currently, all develop images build without issues.

Re: branch zeus #111 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 June 2020 - 10:27

:)

Re: branch zeus #112 peti

• 115 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:11

Guys, I have an issue with Kodi on the develop branch and my Zgemma H7S. If I only install Kodi and reboot, the received won't boot anymore. Tried 3 times, always same results. Any ideas, please? Thanks.

T90 | 28.2E-23.5E-19.2E-13E-9E-4.8E-0.8W-4W

Zgemma H7S | OpenPLI develop branch

Re: branch zeus #113 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:25

Guys, I have an issue with Kodi on the develop branch and my Zgemma H7S. If I only install Kodi and reboot, the received won't boot anymore. Tried 3 times, always same results. Any ideas, please? Thanks.

Are you sure the feed is ok which you download the kodi from? So your setup an own feed for the downloads? If you can share it then it can been control what is going wrong by your image, I only install it manual by IPK and this seems to go well.

Edited by WTE, 21 June 2020 - 11:25.

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

:rolleyes:                :rolleyes:

Re: branch zeus #114 peti

• 115 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:04

Are you sure the feed is ok which you download the kodi from? So your setup an own feed for the downloads? If you can share it then it can been control what is going wrong by your image, I only install it manual by IPK and this seems to go well.

I compile the dev branch including the feeds and install Kodi from there. If I start Kodi, it works. But as soon as I reboot the receiver, it won't boot anymore (even in case I haven't started Kodi, just installed). It happened if I installed as multiboot to second slot and even if I installed via USB.

Re: branch zeus #115 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 21 June 2020 - 15:21

I compile the dev branch including the feeds and install Kodi from there. If I start Kodi, it works. But as soon as I reboot the receiver, it won't boot anymore (even in case I haven't started Kodi, just installed). It happened if I installed as multiboot to second slot and even if I installed via USB.

Probably the image size or how the image is made to reduce size will fail when it's to large.

I think when first time boot succeed the problem is that the resize script runs which sets the parition to maximum size.

By install kodi from feed seems further no problem.

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

Re: branch zeus #116 peti

• 115 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 21 June 2020 - 16:17

Before installing Kodi, there is almost 500MB free space. I filled it up until only 15 MB was remaining, rebooted the box, and had no issues. So I do not think it will be related to resize scripts. 

Re: branch zeus #117 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 21 June 2020 - 17:03

Before installing Kodi, there is almost 500MB free space. I filled it up until only 15 MB was remaining, rebooted the box, and had no issues. So I do not think it will be related to resize scripts. 

Install kodi manual or by feed all is ok

Install kodi direct in image not ok.

So for me it's clear what the problem probably is. However Openpli doesn't install kodi direct into the image. So when the feeds come online it will probably not been a problem anymore.

I do not know a solution but maybe remove the resize part from the image and set image size to maximum so 1024MB

Edited by WTE, 21 June 2020 - 17:04.

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

Re: branch zeus #118 peti

• 115 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 21 June 2020 - 17:11

I'm not adding Kodi to the image. I'm installing it from my feed after I run MACHINE=h7 bitbake openpli-enigma2-feed. Once I do that, image is not booting anymore. Very odd. Installing other packages like serviceapp and exteplayer from my feed is OK. 

Re: branch zeus #119 foxbob

• 612 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 21 June 2020 - 17:30

Can someone check the work webkithbbtv on the vu+ on zeus branch.I collected for ultimo4k and after start hbbtv the receiver freezes you can turn off only with the button.

Could this be the problem - RDEPENDS_${PN} = "webkit-gtk libudev"

[eDVBServicePMTHandler] AITready
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Section Length : 1007, Total Section Length : 1010
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 1
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] last_section_number 1 > section_number 0
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Save Data Len : [1010]
[eDVBDemux] open demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
[eDVBSectionReader] DMX_SET_FILTER pid=5172
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 2
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 4
[eDVBDemux] open demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
[eDVBSectionReader] DMX_SET_FILTER pid=5172
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 5
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 20
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 3
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 35
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 42
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 66
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 168
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 39
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Section Length : 265, Total Section Length : 268
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 192
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 155
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] found applicaions ids >> pid : 0, orgid : 19, appid : 157
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[1], name[HBBTV-Start-DSMCC+Web], url[http://itv.ard.de/ardstart/index.html]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[EPG], url[http://itv.ard.de/ardepg/index.php]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[ARD-Text-DSMCC], url[http://itv2.ard.de/index.html]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[Tagesschau], url[http://www.tagesschau.de/hbbtv]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[Mediathek DasErste], url[http://tv.ardmediathek.de/index.html?client=daserste]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[HBBTV ARD-Mediathek], url[http://tv.ardmediathek.de/index.html]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[BR-Mediathek], url[http://hbbtv-mediathek.br.de/index.html]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[HBBTV Tatort], url[http://hbbtv-tatort.daserste.de/index.php]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[HBBTV Das Erste Check Eins], url[http://hbbtv.daserste.de/?checkeins=1]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[Babylon Berlin], url[http://hbbtv-babylon.daserste.de/index.php]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[Sportschau], url[http://tv.ardmediathek.de/index.html?client=sportschau]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[Replay], url[http://itv.ard.de/replay/index.php]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[Replay Test], url[http://itv.ard.de/replay/index.php]
[eDVBServicePMTHandler] Found : control[2], name[KiKA-Player ARD], url[http://cdn.hbbtv.kika.de/player/index.php?ard=1]
[Skin] Parsing embedded skin '<embedded-in-HbbTVWindow>'.
[Skin] Processing screen '<embedded-in-HbbTVWindow>', position=(0, 0), size=(1280 x 720) for module 'HbbTVWindow'.
[browser] Starting HbbTV
killall: browser: no process killed
[Skin] Processing screen 'SimpleSummary' from list 'HbbTVWindow_summary, SimpleSummary', position=(0, 0), size=(800 x 480) for module 'SimpleSummary'.
[eDVBPESReader] ERROR reading PES (fd=53): Value too large for defined data type

Edited by foxbob, 21 June 2020 - 17:33.

Re: branch zeus #120 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 21 June 2020 - 18:10

[eDVBPESReader] ERROR reading PES (fd=53): Value too large for defined data type

I think that comes from the gst, since the 'PES handler' is missing a query.
Can you try to build it with newer ones?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users