Photo

How to connect wifi on my vu+solo

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 FoxDylan

• 56 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 May 2020 - 17:29

I have a problem i don't know how to connect wifi on  my vu+solo anyone explain me how to connect wifi on vu+solo

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2020 - 17:39

A VU+ Solo doesn't have any wifi on board?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #3 FoxDylan

• 56 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 May 2020 - 17:45

ok thanks

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #4 FoxDylan

• 56 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 May 2020 - 17:47

A VU+ Solo doesn't have any wifi on board?

ok thanks i know nothing about on the vu+solo

Edited by FoxDylan, 17 May 2020 - 17:48.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2020 - 17:50

It's easy, if it doesn't have antenna's, it doesn't have wifi.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #6 FoxDylan

• 56 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 May 2020 - 17:57

It's easy, if it doesn't have antenna's, it doesn't have wifi.

How to install satellite channels on the vu+solo do you know the website satellite of the package list channels

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2020 - 18:50

Normally you configure your tuner, do a satellite scan, plug in your smarcard, and watch.

If you want to have pre-made channel bouquets, you can have a look at the settings packages in our downloads (depending on the sats you can receive).

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #8 FoxDylan

• 56 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 May 2020 - 21:19

Normally you configure your tuner, do a satellite scan, plug in your smarcard, and watch.

If you want to have pre-made channel bouquets, you can have a look at the settings packages in our downloads (depending on the sats you can receive).

can you sent me link or something

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #9 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2020 - 21:38

You order a USB WIFI stick from which it’s known it works on that hardware and our software and the box can be connected to the internet. 

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #10 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 May 2020 - 19:49

hello, I'm looking to pass a vu + uno and uno 4k in wifi with a wifi key. Both are in openpli 7.2 up to date and despite several tests with different keys and drivers, nothing wants to work. An idea ?.

215/5000

hello, I'm looking to pass a vu + uno and uno 4k in wifi with a wifi key. Both are in openpli 7.2 up to date and despite several tests wi

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #11 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 May 2020 - 19:56

Sorry VU+ zero and zero 4k not uno

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2020 - 20:09

Without more info, we can't help. Which USB wifi devices?

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #13 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:06

Exactly which one because only a wifi usb stick can be added. I read that certain models were needed, I tried adding the drivers in the plugins but I have no choice between LAN and WLAN that appears. Do you need a special wifi usb key or a special IPK?

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:05

No. You  need a wifi device with a chipset for which a driver exists. Or use a wifi bridge, that doesn't have that problem.

If you don't tell us what you have, we can't tell you whether or not they will work, and what you need to install for it.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #15 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 May 2020 - 15:06

I have a Ralink RT5370N key because I could read that the VU + accepted model and I also tested with a Dlink DWA-121 the problem is that I have no proposal to switch from LAN to WLAN.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #16 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 20 May 2020 - 16:47

The RT5370 should be supported by the kernel-module-rt2800usb driver.

For the Dlink DWA-121, it depends what version it is. Some are supported by the kernel-module-rtl8192cu driver and the firmware-rtl8192cu firmware package (you need both installed).

If those doesn't work, plug them in, type the command "lsusb" on the commandline, and post the result, so we can check on USB ID.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #17 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 May 2020 - 17:41

Thank you for your advice, I installed all the drivers offered in the plugins and after a long reboot, the WLAN proposal finally appeared and I was able to configure the Dlink DWA-121. I did not see any drivers with the names you gave me but in each driver, there is a series of different drivers and that is why I did not see the one that corresponded directly to that of my USB key .
I just have to do the same on the VU + zero and it should work right away. Just if you can confirm that the RT5370 key is compatible with VU + zero receivers with an Openpli 7.2.

thank you,

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 20 May 2020 - 17:48

In general all OpenPLi images have the same drivers, so if it works on one box, it should work on others.

I don't know where you looked, but you need to be in software management, package management to install individual drivers.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #19 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:04

I looked in Menu / Plugins adding extensions and in the Drivers section. We see USB drivers with names and chipset. None carried the name of that of med keys which function correctly but I had to install all the drivers because not seeing that which could go to the key. Can we download them elsewhere? or more details are given on the drivers?

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #20 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:11

Did you do 

lsusb

like WanWizard suggested?

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users