28 replies to this topic

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2020 - 13:47

None carried the name of that of med keys which function correctly

Because it isn't the (brand) name of device that is relevant, but the chipset used. Especially on the cheaper stuff, manufacturers change their chipset quicker than their pants. ;)

Hence my remark about that D-Link, the DWA121 is known to have been produced with three different chipsets, which need three different drivers.

Remember, this is a set top box, not a Windows PC.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #22 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 May 2020 - 15:02

Ralink RT5370N

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 148f:5370
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #23 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 May 2020 - 15:08

None carried the name of that of med keys which function correctly

Because it isn't the (brand) name of device that is relevant, but the chipset used. Especially on the cheaper stuff, manufacturers change their chipset quicker than their pants. ;)

Hence my remark about that D-Link, the DWA121 is known to have been produced with three different chipsets, which need three different drivers.

Remember, this is a set top box, not a Windows PC.

Yes I understand it well because on my PC these keys are recognized immediately. That is why I come to inquire. I would prefer not to have to install all the drivers, thinking that this is not useful. But it had the merit of making the keys work.
First remark: the little DWA121 does not tolerate intense flow and in a few minutes, jerks and stalls do this. I removed the key which was boiling. You need a good key, but the big defect of this demodulator is the USB socket glued to the ethernet socket.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2020 - 15:38

Ralink RT5370N

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 148f:5370

I have already said it is supported by the rt2800usb driver. You will have to remove all other rt drivers, and they interfere.

Yes I understand it well because on my PC these keys are recognized immediately. That is why I come to inquire. I would prefer not to have to install all the drivers, thinking that this is not useful. But it had the merit of making the keys work.

On a PC is is not a problem to install a gigabyte of drivers you will never use. On an STB, some with only 128MB flash memory, it definitely is.

Besides that, USB wifi sticks are often of low quality and have a flaky performance, so that in most cases streaming or recording isn't reliably possible, unless you connect them to a proper antenna. Your DWA121 issues might not be related to the device or the driver, but simply because of the poor reception and the location of the tiny antenna in the stick.

I always used to use a VU Zero with a wifi stick on my travels (on a 2 meter USB cable so I could position it properly), and always had streaming issues.

Some time ago I switched to a Zgemma H9 with built-in wifi and antenna's, and it truely is a world of difference.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #25 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 May 2020 - 16:31

They come to talk to me today as you do about this Zgemma precisely which I admit seems really good and a fair price compared to the Zero 4K that I have for 2 years.

It heats up a lot, I find it sometimes really slow and compared to the other receivers offered, it is a bit outdated. He only has his look.

I think I'm going to be tempted by the ZGEMMA H9.2S 4K.

I have a weak internet connection and I wanted to use my 4G link for sharing. With the drivers it works but the small DWA121 does not support too much the constant flow and I also suppose that the VU gives a little strong tension on the USB port.

For the rt2800usb driver I find that the rtl2832 in the list of plugins, I suppose that it must be this one.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #26 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2020 - 16:58

For the rt2800usb driver I find that the rtl2832 in the list of plugins, I suppose that it must be this one.

No, rt2800usb = rt2800usb, it is called exactly that:

./kernel-module-rt2800usb-3.9.6_3.9.6-r5.5.4.7_vusolo.ipk

You can not find drivers and other system files in the plugins list, they are not plugins, and we don't have meta packages for them (yet).

Instead, use Software Management, Package Management.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #27 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2020 - 20:40

I do not want to be part of those who come and ask for help or information and once received, leaves without saying anything.
So I would start by thanking for the answers and the help given.
I just ordered the ZGEMMA H9.2S 4K on the advice I had but especially the confirmation here.
Faithful to the OpenPli image that I begin to know and that I have learned to love, I enrich and above all say thank you to its creators.
Thanks to you we can benefit from a firmware for our receivers, which is really good, updated regularly and faithful.
I had gaps in my knowledge of OpenPli and you have taught me more.
With the ZGEMMA H9.2S 4K, I would not hesitate to come back and not necessarily ask questions but why not answer them.

Thank you to Team OpenPli, thank you it's nothing but it's the least of things for your work.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #28 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2020 - 20:43

I cofirm the driver rtl2832 drive the rt2800usb keys well without the need for other drivers.

Re: How to connect wifi on my vu+solo #29 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2020 - 20:45

Thanks for the feedback :thumbs-up: !

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users