CoCy UPnP renderer streaming

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gufy78

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 May 2020 - 14:16

Hi All

I am new to OpenPLI. I bought DM8000 several years ago with installed Newnigma2 image and did not play with it at all as I was afraid to screw it.

Recently some bug developed and I decided to reflash Newnigma, picked the latest image and flashed it. Unfortunately it became unstable, perhaps DM8000 is too old for latest images (is it possible?). I was unable to find older version with feeds to all extensions and decided to try something new - OpenPLI

I like it very much, I must say. It is quicker and more user friendly -  flashed 6.2 as I read somewhere that 7.2 is not stable at old DM8000 (can someone confirm?)

So, I personalised new image, it is excellent but I miss one plugin from Newnigma:   UPnP RendererDemo - it allows to watch live channels from Bouquets over home network (ie. in bedroom via network player,  on smartphone via BubbleUPnP, etc). It is really great functionality and I don't believe there is nothing such in OpenPLI

I have read about CoCy plugin but sadly I did not manage to install it. After manual installation of different versions (without errors in Putty), amending box IP in ssdp.py, I cannot see anything new within my home network. Does this plugin render/stream live channels at all? Perhaps someone can confirm this plugin works with DM8000, v6.2

Then I tried to upload plugins from feed.newnigma to DM8000 running OpenPLI but no luck neither. Is it possible at all? I think there is plenty discrepancies between different versions of extensions, some missing and I am unable to find what else needs to be installed.

Can someone confirm if such streaming of live channels is possible in OpenPLI 6.2?

Thank you

Re: CoCy vs UPnP RendererDemo #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2020 - 14:20

The DM8000 has limited memory and flash available, so like with PC's, newer versions struggle more on older hardware. However, it all depends what you install and do with it.

I've never came across an actual UPnP user, you're the first. Most people use m3u / m3u8 files, supplied by the web interface, to stream.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: CoCy vs UPnP RendererDemo #3 gufy78

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 May 2020 - 14:31

Most people use m3u / m3u8 files, supplied by the web interface, to stream.

Hi there

Can you explain how it work, perhaps I don't need what I am struggling with.

Is it possible to stream live channels to another tv (with media/network player)?

Ok, sorry, I found it.

This is good for watching on pc but more difficult with TV with build-in player...

Edited by gufy78, 21 May 2020 - 14:35.

Re: CoCy vs UPnP RendererDemo #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2020 - 14:41

If that other TV has the option to handle m3u / m3u8 files, yes.

You get the m3u8 file (or link) from the TV-icon in the web interface, in front of the bouquet name (for all channels in that bouquet) or the channel.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: CoCy vs UPnP RendererDemo #5 gufy78

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 May 2020 - 15:13

Hi

Well, just checked specs of my player and it does not handle m3u   :(

Do you think it is possible to run Newnigma2 plugin on OpenPLI?  or finding and fixing all dependencies will be too difficult?

Did anyone manage to run CoCy plugin?

Thanks for answers.

Re: CoCy vs UPnP RendererDemo #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2020 - 15:28

I doubt it, as you have already proven.

There is an old thread (https://forums.openp...ing-cocy-plugin) that highlights some of the issues with this plugin, the main problem being it hacks its way into enigma, so it has to be constantly maintained to keep up with changes.

Re: CoCy vs UPnP RendererDemo #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2020 - 16:59

Hi,

You gave two usage exemples:

in bedroom via network player,  on smartphone via BubbleUPnP

If you have a network player I cannot trust that it doesn't support the .m3u extension this is a very common file format use since many years (decades).

On you smartphone there are plenty of application capable to handle such format like VLC for exemple.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CoCy, UPnP renderer, streaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users