Photo

defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Schwarzkopf

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:38

There are three problems (defects) with OpenPli software image 7.2 release of VU+(UNO 4K) and all OpenPli software images releases of All VU+ models :-

1- Firstly .. A problem with switching between favorite packages through the channels buttons (+ or -) in the remote control . if you have two favorites packages 1 and 2 each one is 300 channels for example . if i in 1 favorite package and i want back from channel number 1 to 300 by channels button (+ or -) in remote control, this is no problem but if i want return to number 1 by channels button (+ or -) the device takes me to channel number 301 in package 2 !!!!! . the transfer is assumed to be in the same favorite package not go to another package unless I switched to the other favorite package by the (blue button) of the favorite packages in the remote control .

you must put option in OpenPli software image in the (user's preferences) in the settings menu allowing to choose to move between favorite packages or not . if you want move between favorite packages channels by channels button (+ or -) you can select on (green colour) and if you do not want that by channels button (+ or -) select off (red colour) . (( another VU+ competition softwares images not has this problem becuse you can select between two choices in the user's preferences ))* .

2- Secondly .. The device does not restart on the same channel !!! . Meaning, if I, for example, chose channel No. 6 (BBC, for example) and I turned the device off by unplugging the power plug and turning it on again. the device is back to work but on a random channel !!! I didn't watch this channel never !!!!! . The OpenPli software image should work when restarting on (the last channel) it was on before turning off . *(another VU+ competition softwares images not has this problem because the another competition firmware make the device work on the (last channel) before turn off)* .

3- Thirdly .. The device does not read the (channels backup file) for channels from USB external memory !!! just read the channels backup file from the internal memory of the device only !!!!! . the OpenPli software image should be reading from internal or external memory automatically . (( another VU+ competition softwares images not has this problem because you can select between three choices in the setting intertnal memory or external memory or automatically ))* .

Finally .. There are three problems with OpenPli software image 7.2 release of VU+(UNO 4K) and all OpenPli software images releases of All VU+ models :-

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #2 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:43

To 2. Never "turn off" the box by unplugging the power plug. Well, in some cases you have to, but not in normal cases. Configuration is only stored during normal shutdown.

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:47

For 1 it is a setting you can change that...
3 why should you put settings externally? We have good autobackup features...

Edited by littlesat, 13 June 2020 - 08:48.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #4 Schwarzkopf

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:56

To 2. Never "turn off" the box by unplugging the power plug. Well, in some cases you have to, but not in normal cases. Configuration is only stored during normal shutdown.

in another software image there is no any problem if you turn off by unplugging the power plug after turn off by remote control . Only the problem happen in OpenPlu sofware image !!! . Please see report number 2 .

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #5 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:09

in another software image there is no any problem if you turn off by unplugging the power plug after turn off by remote control . Only the problem happen in OpenPlu sofware image !!! . Please see report number 2 .

nonsence

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #6 Schwarzkopf

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:21

For 1 it is a setting you can change that...
3 why should you put settings externally? We have good autobackup features...

No !!! The option available for favorite packages list share or not share only !!! . if you turn on by press green colour the favorite packages is share for you in the favorite packages list and you can select between them . also if you turn off by press red colour the favorite packages not share in the favorite packages list .

There is no opthion in the (user's preferences) in the settings menu allowing to choose mobility between channels in the (same favorite package only ) or mobility between all favorite packages !!! . I mean you can not mobility between the channels in the same favorite package by chanenels button (+ or -) if you are in the last channels in favorite package !!! .

Please read number (1) so good to underdtand what i mean .

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #7 Schwarzkopf

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:27

nonsence

nonsence

You can test in (blackhole sofware images) and you can see if any problem happen or not .

The proplem happen in OpenPli software images onlyyyy .

Edited by Schwarzkopf, 13 June 2020 - 09:30.

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #8 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:27

Do you really turn off your box? I mean put it in deep standby?

Unfortunately this is not standard when you press the power button on the remote. Please use menu to turn off (deep standby) the box. Then settings should be stored and if you then unplug the power plug it should be ok.

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:07

Not only will the settings not be saved, the flash will become corrupt too, if you pull the plug.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #10 foxbob

• 612 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:31

In the channel selector,select any channel,then press the menu-Set as startup service-and after turning off the electricity the receiver will start on the channel that you selected.But it is advisable not to disconnect or disconnect from the cutout through the menu and then unplug the cord from the outlet.

Attached Files

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2020 - 13:02

The answer is still the same.

1. If you don't want that behaviour, switch it off.

There are options to start every bouquet with channel 1 (will block you from zapping using numbers outside the current bouquet), and for not moving to the next bouquet if you are on the last channel of a bouquet. You might have to enable expert user mode to see those options.

2. If you have not defined a startup channel, it will startup on the same channel you have shut the box down on. If you have, it will start up on that channel.

If you switch the box off ( = using the switch or disconnect the power ) while the box is NOT in deep standby, you lose the in-memory settings and may damage the filesystem. A settopbox is not a fridge, it is a computer.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #12 Schwarzkopf

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 June 2020 - 13:22

The answer is still the same.

1. If you don't want that behaviour, switch it off.

There are options to start every bouquet with channel 1 (will block you from zapping using numbers outside the current bouquet), and for not moving to the next bouquet if you are on the last channel of a bouquet. You might have to enable expert user mode to see those options.

2. If you have not defined a startup channel, it will startup on the same channel you have shut the box down on. If you have, it will start up on that channel.

If you switch the box off ( = using the switch or disconnect the power ) while the box is NOT in deep standby, you lose the in-memory settings and may damage the filesystem. A settopbox is not a fridge, it is a computer.

You mean use (alternate numbering) opthion in User preferences in the setting !!! i know this opthion !!!,that starts with number 1 for every favorite package . Just changes the numberin only but it does not solve the problem never !!! . if the multi favorite packages is turn on !!! If i in channel number 300 and want to go channel number 1 in the (same favorite package) by channels select buttons (+ or -) the device go to first channel in the second favorite package !!! channel number 1 !!! also if the multi favorite packages is turn off you can not select any package for watch it by press the favorite packages list (bue button) in the remote control and you can not add any new channel in any favorite package !!! . (( another VU+ competition softwares images (like blackhole) not has this problem never,because you can select between two choices in the user's preferences to mobility between the channels in the favorite packages in *(same favorite package)* or between *(all packages)* )) .

I think you dont understand what i mean !!! . I mean .. i want mobility between the channels in the (same favorite package) andalso  mult packages opthion is turn on not turn off so i can mobility between channels in the (same favorite package) by channels button (+ or -) and also i can go to another favorite package by press blue button in the remote control .

Edited by Schwarzkopf, 13 June 2020 - 13:27.

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #13 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2020 - 13:52

Sorry ,then use Black Hole and do not write, that it is our bug ... we are not building BlackHole firmware ...

Btw - turn on "Enable multi bouquets" , but turn off "Change bouquets in quickzap" and it will be rotate in same bouquet ... btw - Ch+/- is better using for changing bouquests and for change channels (for it are there arrows) ...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #14 Schwarzkopf

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 June 2020 - 15:28

Sorry ,then use Black Hole and do not write, that it is our bug ... we are not building BlackHole firmware ...

Btw - turn on "Enable multi bouquets" , but turn off "Change bouquets in quickzap" and it will be rotate in same bouquet ... btw - Ch+/- is better using for changing bouquests and for change channels (for it are there arrows) ...

Ok .. thanks for your help

Edited by Schwarzkopf, 13 June 2020 - 15:30.

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #15 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:49

There are many more configuration options that will make enigma behave more like TS would like to see.

I suggest he starts to explore those instead of complaining here.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 14 June 2020 - 08:49.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #16 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:15

Schwarzkopf = Blackhead so a blackhole fan?
The options you’re asking for are possible in openpli by configs.... but they are not default...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #17 Schwarzkopf

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:01

There are many more configuration options that will make enigma behave more like TS would like to see.

I suggest he starts to explore those instead of complaining here.

i try to find the opthion to make the device work on last channel i watched before i turn off by remote control and after that shutdowen by electrical plug and turn on after 1 day or 2 or 1 week day ..etc . but this opthion not available or i dont find !!! . is this opthion available ??? and where ??? and what is the name of this opthion ???

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 14 June 2020 - 14:18

What part of DO NOT PULL THE PLUG did you not understand? You can ONLY unplug the box when in DEEP STANDBY.  Like you can not do that with a PC that is is sleep mode instead of switched off.

I am not going to repeat this again.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #19 Schwarzkopf

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 June 2020 - 15:01

Thank you my brother for your help ..

But i want know where is the (opthion) that make device return to last channel that i watched before i switthed off . mean i want from device,the returen to ( last channel) after device switthed on in (startup mode) ???

not after turn on in (standby mode) never . standby not has any problem,the device returen to the last channel after turn on in (standby) .

Re: defects report of OpenPli sofware image 7.2 release for VU+ (UNO4K) #20 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 June 2020 - 16:50

It is said before in this read, learn to read instead of shout. If you do not set a channel to startup to, the last tuned channel will be used for startup. If enigma and the receiver are shut down properly though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users