Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hw9258

• 29 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:16

I have noticed that several shops no longer list Vu Duo 4K as available or even do not list it at all while they have for example the older model Ultimo 4K.

Is there a temporary shortage or has this model been discontinued by the manufacturer?

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2020 - 13:00

I can imagine that these days there is a shortage of everything that comes out of the far east.

So far they've been working with existing stocks in Germany, I can imagine they might run out now...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #3 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2020 - 13:02

According to our dealer completely obsolete. Caused by shortage of electronic parts.. Not known when or even if production will resume. Most probably never. The Ultimo 4K is the logical choice... User selectable tuners, quad core processor (slightly slower than the Duo4K) and an older kernel... But absolutely no problem for operation...
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2020 - 13:09

Your dealer might be ill-informed.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #5 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,609 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2020 - 14:57

May be, that the scissors are opening more and more between 'vu' drivers and duo4k hw, as we can see on every step and will be sale ended ... :P

Edited by ims, 18 June 2020 - 14:58.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #6 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2020 - 16:12

Your dealer might be ill-informed.

Well, he's closer to the source. I am only a simple end-user... So time will tell...
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #7 hw9258

• 29 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2020 - 20:48

Thanks everyone for the valuable information.

May be, that the scissors are opening more and more between 'vu' drivers and duo4k hw, as we can see on every step and will be sale ended ... :P

You mean that the quality of the vu drivers for the duo 4k hw is getting worse with each update from vu?

Edited by hw9258, 18 June 2020 - 20:49.

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2020 - 21:02

I dont agree with that, on the contrary.

IMS has a personal problem with a USB tuner that doesn't work very well (or not at all). That probably has more to do with the userspace drivers of that tuner than with the Duo 4K drivers...

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #9 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,609 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2020 - 21:44

I dont agree with that, on the contrary.

IMS has a personal problem with a USB tuner that doesn't work very well (or not at all). That probably has more to do with the userspace drivers of that tuner than with the Duo 4K drivers...

It is not about Vu usb tuner ... btw, do you think, that drivers for original vu+ turbo usb tuner and driver is not in vu competence ?. What about problems with gop, cutting, seeking, wol ... and excellent vu support for all this - 2year and do you see duo4k in model list ? It proves a lot. 

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2020 - 21:59

Like I wrote, it is your personal point of view, based on your personal experiences. It is very dangerous to extrapolate.

When that USB tuner was released, the current generation 4K boxes didn't even exist. I don't see a promise anywhere that something that was on sale once will the supported until the end of time, on whatever hardware that is released now or in the future. I understand very well that you would like your investment to work, but it is something different to write a box off as crap because of that. Not very objective.

In the end, for VU+ the same applies as for all other manufacturers: they are in the business or selling hardware in a shrinking market, and support costs money without generating additional revenue.

Is that ok? No. But that is reality, and compared to the rest of the market, all things considering, I don't think it is that black and white.

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #11 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,609 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2020 - 22:26

All bugs were reduced to my problem with tuner...   :)

Re: Vu Duo 4K no longer available on several shops #12 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:16

I must agree with Wanwizard that the Ultimo4k is still the most robust receiver VU+ ever made (hardware and drivers). There are a few known issues, but they're minor.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users