Help needed for newbie please

Zgemma cable install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 newtothis

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 July 2020 - 09:55

Hi, Thank you for welcoming me to your community and forum!. I have a Zgemma h3 2tc,which i have just flashed with the latest Openpli image. The problem i am having is removing the channels that dont apply and dont work from the channel list after a scan . I keep getting  a lot of channels "SId not found in PAT" message. i have disabled Tuner A (Sat) as i only have VM cable line Is there a setting to scan just the ones that are relevant to my area? and to have an ABM for the different genre (ie Entertainment,Movies,Sports etc) I have Googled this but cant seem to find any solutions unfortunately. I like this image and it seems a lot faster on my old zgemma box then Open ATV is.  Any suggestions or links to any tutorials would be very much appreciated please

Thank you!

Edited by newtothis, 6 July 2020 - 09:55.

Re: Help needed for newbie please #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2020 - 11:36

Hi,

Reset to factory default setting, when at boot prompted to restore old settings reply: No.

Then you will have a 'brand new' box.

Then you can scan the Terrestrial or Cable (sorry I don't know what a VM cable is) to have only the channels relevant to your way of reception/area.

Once done you can start creating your own favorites, not sure if there are already out-of-the box list available for DVB-T(2) or DVB-C so not sure that you find any ABM available for it.

If you have a cable connexion, you can use the Cable Scan options, providing the few requested informations (like the reference frequency and the symbol rate) and you will get all your channels in the same order as the cable provider impose to its official boxes.

Pr2

Edited by Pr2, 6 July 2020 - 11:37.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Help needed for newbie please #3 newtothis

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 July 2020 - 13:12

Hi,

Reset to factory default setting, when at boot prompted to restore old settings reply: No.

Then you will have a 'brand new' box.

Then you can scan the Terrestrial or Cable (sorry I don't know what a VM cable is) to have only the channels relevant to your way of reception/area.

Once done you can start creating your own favorites, not sure if there are already out-of-the box list available for DVB-T(2) or DVB-C so not sure that you find any ABM available for it.

If you have a cable connexion, you can use the Cable Scan options, providing the few requested informations (like the reference frequency and the symbol rate) and you will get all your channels in the same order as the cable provider impose to its official boxes.

Pr2

Hi Thanks for your sugestion. I have just tried it but its still scanning about 250 -300 "extra channels" which i cant get. Some channels i have 5 of it but only one works. I have put my net id and provider details for the scan , but for some reason it keeps scanning channels i cant receive.

Thanks

Re: Help needed for newbie please #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2020 - 17:13

You need now to create one or many favourites and place the channels that you can watch in it. Don't delete channels in the all list because they will come back after each scan or even with background scanning.
You can create your favourite with the remote control using the menu button when you are on channel then add to favourites or use an external tools on PC like Dreamboxedit for example.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users