Photo

One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images.

• Please log in to reply
772 replies to this topic

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #721 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,229 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2021 - 18:29

I said at the time it was not a neutral repo for all teams to share and his actions have proved me right. His deleting the repo just shows he was not fit to be the administrator of a shared project. Ian, I really don't understand why you are supporting this disgusting behaviour.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #722 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2021 - 19:03

I said at the time it was not a neutral repo for all teams to share and his actions have proved me right. His deleting the repo just shows he was not fit to be the administrator of a shared project. Ian, I really don't understand why you are supporting this disgusting behaviour.

I was not going to be the admin of that project, it was our goal that each team has equal permissions but now I just don't want to be a part of anything you are.

As I said before I don't care anymore, the moment I heard OE-A members are just watching this thread not participating I knew what would happen.

Another dead end.

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #723 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 March 2021 - 05:32

Hi Persian Prince,

Another dead end.

It is not really a dead end as we are designing and coding all sorts of clean-ups, fixes and improvements across Enigma2.  Rather than endlessly talk about change we are doing it.  All the other images can review our work and adopt it when/if they choose.  What other images do is up to them but it is my hope that the discussions we started here will be reviewed by OpenPLi developers to see the merits of our efforts by looking at real code and can test the work in runnable build images.  My hope is that by offering demonstrations of our proposals that OpenPLi will be open to pulling or merging compatible changes from OpenVision.

I/We are open to discussion on what we are doing if people want more information.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #724 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,756 posts

+81
Good

Posted 5 March 2021 - 19:46

I/We are open to discussion on what we are doing if people want more information.

Open to what?
Is that supposed to be sarcasm?

Blacklist here ... Blacklist there ...
Cheek!
Everything taken from everywhere, bold and without problems. Original sound from PP ... 'These laws wouldn't exist in his country'
That you don't know me from the git just because I have a different name is not my problem.
Just wondering if I will be added to this embarrassing blacklist?
The recording there is slowly becoming an accolade.
I'm just about tinkering and getting as much as possible out of these boxes. It does not matter how old.
That's what git is for. Propose and exchange ideas.
What is it about you?
I don't know anymore. You really talked differently.
As for PP ...
I really don't have the words to express it in a friendly way.
Sad

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #725 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 6 March 2021 - 03:56

Hi Rantanplan,

Open to what?
Is that supposed to be sarcasm?

No, this is my genuine offer to explain any of the changes that I am making to Enigma2. I will also try to explain any of the work of the other team members.  It is my attempt to be open and collaborative.

Blacklist here ... Blacklist there ...
Cheek!
Everything taken from everywhere, bold and without problems. Original sound from PP ... 'These laws wouldn't exist in his country'
That you don't know me from the git just because I have a different name is not my problem.
Just wondering if I will be added to this embarrassing blacklist?
The recording there is slowly becoming an accolade.
I'm just about tinkering and getting as much as possible out of these boxes. It does not matter how old.
That's what git is for. Propose and exchange ideas.
What is it about you?
I don't know anymore. You really talked differently.
As for PP ...
I really don't have the words to express it in a friendly way.
Sad

As I said previously, I am trying to get all the blockages removed. Posts like this are only inflaming the situation. Please be patient. Showing some courtesy and patience will help a lot to move things forward in a positive way.

I don't know why you are becoming hostile towards me.  I am just trying to engage you in positive discussion.  I am offering to explain or discuss anything about what we are doing even if some of that work may currently not be readily visible.  The place where I do all my work, the main Enigma2 code, is fully open.  I am now asking for the other areas to be reopened.  I am hoping that this will happen.

I asked if you were a previous OpenVision developer simply to get some understanding and context for your strong point of view.  I don't care what you username was or is.  It will help me to put your comments into perspective if I can understand their motivation.  Are you posting just to be critical or are you posting to try and motivate change and improvement?  I don't have time for the former but I will fully support the latter.

I don't know why you think I am talking differently, it is always the way I present myself.  I find it rude not to reply to people's comments.  I try to hold positive discussion with people.  We don't have to agree but I am more than happy to debate an issue and strongly present my case.  Unfortunately that doesn't always work when people go on the attack against me.  Personal attacks bring out the anger in me and will bring down the tone of my posts.  But as you can see, I am trying to talk to you in a polite and positive way.  I am listening to your complaints and working, behind the scenes, to get things fixed.

As for the comment about GIT, I hope you aren't trying to say that my code is not open to be shared with all Enigma2 teams.  For a while I was actively supporting three different images at the same time.  I can't do that any longer for a number of reasons.  Over the years I have directly contributed to four different Enigma2 images.  For now I am focussing on OpenVision as a melting pot to get my ideas into code and have them workshopped, reviewed and tested.  I am hoping that other teams will see the value of my work and want to pull that effort into their own images.

If I am misunderstanding you, or I am not addressing your concerns please explain what it is you would like from me.

Regards,
Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 6 March 2021 - 04:10.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #726 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 6 March 2021 - 09:59

Ian,
I think you're blinded by the glory and shine of OV innovation. I'm afraid you can't rearrange PP, he's unpredictable! Innovation, yes, I agree. But talk about copy/paste and put everything to blacklists.Treat users badly and do what he likes, nothing to care about??? PP words: "As I said before I don't care anymore". There are things where he shows finger, etc
What rights do you start something and you don't finish it? You invite users to use OV, you give them a hope and then suddenly close the project. At the same time, you're using the work of the all other teams. I'm afraid you can't raise him for good. But there are good people I respect on the OV team. Even his master's voice PP, I respect his decisions. But I couldn't move on with them.
I'll give you an example from Australian competitive cooking competition show "My Kitchen Rules", what I looking at right now. There's always a fight theme, because who doesn't want to win the prize.
We watch this season now (as in Estonia right now the old season):
https://en.wikipedia...Rules_(series_9)
In one episode one good team was eliminated and guess why? Their behaviour with others. (Sonya Mefaddi & Hadil Faiza == Dismissed).
I think you're getting a lot of negative behaviour right now because of your team leader's behaviour. I hope you can talk some sense into him!
Good luck to you!
And the first step would be to reopen this project as open back.

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #727 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,229 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 6 March 2021 - 11:05

Ian, you really should create your own image.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #728 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 March 2021 - 06:06

Hi Zeros,

Ian,
I think you're blinded by the glory and shine of OV innovation. I'm afraid you can't rearrange PP, he's unpredictable! Innovation, yes, I agree. But talk about copy/paste and put everything to blacklists.Treat users badly and do what he likes, nothing to care about??? PP words: "As I said before I don't care anymore". There are things where he shows finger, etc
What rights do you start something and you don't finish it? You invite users to use OV, you give them a hope and then suddenly close the project. At the same time, you're using the work of the all other teams. I'm afraid you can't raise him for good. But there are good people I respect on the OV team. Even his master's voice PP, I respect his decisions. But I couldn't move on with them.
I'll give you an example from Australian competitive cooking competition show "My Kitchen Rules", what I looking at right now. There's always a fight theme, because who doesn't want to win the prize.
We watch this season now (as in Estonia right now the old season):
https://en.wikipedia...Rules_(series_9)
In one episode one good team was eliminated and guess why? Their behaviour with others. (Sonya Mefaddi & Hadil Faiza == Dismissed).
I think you're getting a lot of negative behaviour right now because of your team leader's behaviour. I hope you can talk some sense into him!
Good luck to you!
And the first step would be to reopen this project as open back.

Thank you for your comments and explanation.  I no longer browse any forums as the trolling and negative comments are too depressing.

I understand that Persian Prince appears to have put many people offside with his strongly held views.  As I noted, I haven't seen them personally and I prefer to view people in the light of how they treat me and not by their reputation with others.  That said, the number of people reacting negatively to Persian Prince certainly indicates that there have been issues.  I will try to coach him to be more considerate in how he treats others.  However, as I previously commented, we are all a little hard to restrain when others target us with personal, hurtful and vitriolic barbs.  Please be considerate when interacting with us all.

The discussions regarding reopening all the repositories is ongoing.  I am hopeful that this will happen.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 7 March 2021 - 06:07.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #729 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 March 2021 - 06:30

Hi Zeros,

I forgot to mention that I am dazzled, but not blinded ;), by the innovations in OpenVision.  Things that I discussed and proposed in other images are discussed and actioned promptly in OpenVision.  There is no argument or resistance to new ideas.  When I make a mistake, and I do make them, there is no wiping my nose in the problem like you might do to a puppy who soils the carpet.  The errors are usually fixed by another developer and the issue discussed with me.  I have been quickly embraced as a valued contributor and have been given significant access to all the repositories.  This was never offered to me by any other team.  (I should note that even though I have access to do anything I still prefer to raise pull requests and have my work checked by other team members.)

We are making significant progress in overhauling Enigma2.  We are removing old and dead code, improving the quality of the code layout including PEP8 clean ups and code consistency.  We are creating a single code base that works with both Python 2 and Python 3.  Much of the code is often smaller, faster and smarter than ever before with many error conditions being fixed rather than being hidden behind try/except code.

I am very happy with OpenVision because they accept input and suggestions.  Not everything is committed into the final code but they are willing to listen, to experiment and accept comments and suggestions.  This was never afforded me, to the same scale, by any other image.  What's more is that by accepting the challenge to innovate we are creating new ideas and code that can be reviewed by other images without them having to change their image first.  The code is free to be taken and merged when they can see the value in an OpenVision build.  Obviously we prefer/desire to be credited for our work and this has been an issue which caused Persian Prince to become particularly upset.

Not all the work is in the current builds of OpenVision but some has been completed.  The new Setup system is live as is the new HELP engine.  Work is progressing on the new Information system, the new Menu code and the new remote control management system.  Hopefully these too will soon be in production.  Many of these ideas were offered to other images but they refused to accept or move on them.

I hope you can see that working with OpenVision has, for me, been a two way street.  They give as much as they take.  While this remains the situation I am more than happy to stay.  :)

Regards,

Ian.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #730 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 7 March 2021 - 07:57

I forgave him, there's no problem. I hope he's healing and we all make mistakes, always do. There's no room for hatred in the world. Good luck! About ‘create your own image’ - it's very difficult. I'm not perform here anymore because the subject is a whole different matter!

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #731 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,229 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 12:52

No attribution for the ideas and code taken from ServiceInfo.py on our repo over the last few days, e.g. "self.PROGRESSIVE", or were you going to try and pass that off as your own original idea?

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #732 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 March 2021 - 13:27

Hello Huevos,

No attribution for the ideas and code taken from ServiceInfo.py on our repo over the last few days, e.g. "self.PROGRESSIVE", or were you going to try and pass that off as your own original idea?

And we have another factually incorrect and uninformed troll post.  Yes I will claim credit for the bulk of the code as I wrote much of it about 4 years ago and committed it to both the Beyonwiz and OpenViX repositories.  The code I just added to OpenVision is an update and refinement to my previous efforts.  The main similarities are the capabilities offered as I wanted them for my OverlayHD skin which is why I wrote the original code.  As you will note I acknowledged the people who inspired my original contribution.

https://bitbucket.or...015dc83bcf1d8c0

https://github.com/O...015dc83bcf1d8c0

I am now over your troll posts that serve no constructive purpose and will no longer respond.

Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 7 March 2021 - 13:29.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #733 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,229 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 14:06

Yes, Ian very good. You wrote OpenViX. LOL.

You are living in a deluded fantasy.

Edited by Huevos, 7 March 2021 - 14:08.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #734 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 17:59

All OV repos are public again: https://openvision.tech/?p=210

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #735 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 7 March 2021 - 18:29

Thanks for that, that's good.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #736 Beeker

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,471 posts

+196
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 19:49

Thanks for that, that's good.

I'm afraid you don't get it.

The OV-core is 3 months old and frozen and no support.

It's not ment for self-building.

So you need to update and maintain it yourself.

I advice you strongly to keep the OV core changes private and the images you built as well.

So that PP can't track what you're doing..

Otherwise the Persian Dictator will add you to this blacklist and ban/remove you OV forum account.

So you are warned!

DM920, Gigablue UHD TRIO 4K and DM8000. Wavefrontier T55 13.0|19.2|23.5|28.2 + Ziggo.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #737 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 8 March 2021 - 04:58

Hi Beeker,

What support are you wanting / expecting?

People taking the lower level source code would be expected to know what they are doing and supply their own support.  I don't believe anyone supports users who fork the code and make their own changes.  If you have an issue then ask, if reasonable the team will try and help.  If you want to use OpenVision then why aren't you using an OpenVision build?

Most OpenVision users will be using OpenVision generated builds which are fully supported by the team.  For example, I am aware of an OpenPLi user who wants to use OpenVision and our team is working quite hard fixing the build for his hardware.

Most of the work I have been doing is in the Enigma2 Python layer and I can assure you that all that code is open and up to date.  I don't build my own images so I depend on the repository for all my development!  This is the area where most of the real work is happening.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #738 Beeker

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,471 posts

+196
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2021 - 05:51

What part is not clear to you?

More repositories are open now, that's OK but it doesn't change anything actually.

It's still closed.

This is just a joke.

It's like "I give you this car, but you can't drive with it".

Open repositories are for self study now, LOL.

Yeah I know, the build of OV is always broken.

Pushing untested code blind to Github and let it fix by other developers is a real  Open Vision thing.

The other working code is stolen from other images, without credits.

Tell me, are testers still need to do a mandatory donation to get an image?

Well ,never mind, I don't care.

Changing Image name to "Closed Hypocrite" would be better.

Good luck.

Edited by Beeker, 8 March 2021 - 05:52.

DM920, Gigablue UHD TRIO 4K and DM8000. Wavefrontier T55 13.0|19.2|23.5|28.2 + Ziggo.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #739 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2021 - 07:42

What part is not clear to you?

More repositories are open now, that's OK but it doesn't change anything actually.

It's still closed.

This is just a joke.

It's like "I give you this car, but you can't drive with it".

Open repositories are for self study now, LOL.

Yeah I know, the build of OV is always broken.

Pushing untested code blind to Github and let it fix by other developers is a real  Open Vision thing.

The other working code is stolen from other images, without credits.

Tell me, are testers still need to do a mandatory donation to get an image?

Well ,never mind, I don't care.

Changing Image name to "Closed Hypocrite" would be better.

Good luck.

Being stupid is something but being stupid and be proud of it is another level.

All repos are open you can study the code or if you are a developer try to build but don't expect us to show you how to compile.

It's not our duty to teach you how to work with OE and those copies are for giving developers a start.

https://github.com/openembedded is for you to continue your journey.

Grow up and learn how to do things instead of spreading bullshit, a real developer could compile latest enigma2 and all related repos of OV with the OEs uploaded on our git.

If you can't do it don't call it closed, call yourself a todler.

If our build is always broken why are you looking for it? What a paradox!

So change your name to "Golden Asshole" would give you what you want.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #740 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 8 March 2021 - 09:02

I just don't have words. I mean, what to say, though I think it's better to keep quiet, but that wouldn't be fair.
Moving on and close our eyes like nothing was there? Would that be fair? Not at all.
I don't have a solution, so I just said no. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users