Photo

One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images.

• Please log in to reply
772 replies to this topic

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #741 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,799 posts

+83
Good

Posted 8 March 2021 - 11:50

'Nice' words that come from PP again.
He should know who he's talking to and who he's offending again.
He does that with everyone from whom he steals everything together.
Afterwards blacklist ....
He takes the nerve to use this forum for his propaganda.
Sad that this is not seen through.
What does he still allow himself to do? And why is IanSav standing in front of him so clearly?
Although he can't say so much about it himself?
Everyone can continue to work with him. Everyone has to know for themselves.
It has nothing to do with OpenSource!
He steals everywhere and later calls it his idea.
He also keeps resetting the git.
He denounces others who work ClosedSource, but only because he cannot steal it there.
It's exactly the same with the topic going out here.
He has led to a great deal of argument with it.
Totally unnecessary.
The stuff has been around forever and whoever wants can use it and who doesn't.
If someone then uses it, then he thinks he is playing himself up as God and one has to pay homage to him beforehand ??
Is it still possible?
It's not even his idea, even the idea was stolen.
Stolen precisely because he declares these open source things his own.
It's exactly the same with the entire OV.
Ask me if MastaG even noticed what happened in the last few months?
No matter!
There are certainly many unimportant things in this world.
I don't care what PP continues.
For me that is just not important.
His constant requests to hate this or that person at his command now or to 'blacklist' are just disgusting and embarrassing.

greetings

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #742 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 8 March 2021 - 12:21

Hi Rantanplan,

And why is IanSav standing in front of him so clearly?

I didn't think I was standing in front of him but more working with him.  ;)

I was just trying to bring some peace, harmony and constructive discussion into the topic.  I now suspect that I am wasting my time.  Haters just want to hate.  As I have said on a number of occasions I find Persian Prince personable and knowledgeable.  I won't change my opinions just on the say of others.  I think everyone should treat others as they would like to be treated.  Hopefully that will always be with kindness and courtesy.  Shamefully this is not always the case.

I would now rather focus and spend my energy on cutting code.  If people want me to respond on a constructive topic, hopefully the one in the title of this thread, then please ask.

If anyone is interested in discussion relating to this topic I can say, for example, that we are still working towards a more hardware abstracted Enigma2.  I have started with changes to the remote control code that moves all the hardware and image issues into one file.  The rest of the remote control code is being modified to be uniform and common for all images.  Some of the code has been committed but it is far from complete.  The changes will soon include the removal of KeyBindings.py and simplifying the management and usage of remote controls.  It is early days by that is our current intention.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #743 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2021 - 12:38

'Nice' words that come from PP again.
He should know who he's talking to and who he's offending again.
He does that with everyone from whom he steals everything together.
Afterwards blacklist ....
He takes the nerve to use this forum for his propaganda.
Sad that this is not seen through.
What does he still allow himself to do? And why is IanSav standing in front of him so clearly?
Although he can't say so much about it himself?
Everyone can continue to work with him. Everyone has to know for themselves.
It has nothing to do with OpenSource!
He steals everywhere and later calls it his idea.
He also keeps resetting the git.
He denounces others who work ClosedSource, but only because he cannot steal it there.
It's exactly the same with the topic going out here.
He has led to a great deal of argument with it.
Totally unnecessary.
The stuff has been around forever and whoever wants can use it and who doesn't.
If someone then uses it, then he thinks he is playing himself up as God and one has to pay homage to him beforehand ??
Is it still possible?
It's not even his idea, even the idea was stolen.
Stolen precisely because he declares these open source things his own.
It's exactly the same with the entire OV.
Ask me if MastaG even noticed what happened in the last few months?
No matter!
There are certainly many unimportant things in this world.
I don't care what PP continues.
For me that is just not important.
His constant requests to hate this or that person at his command now or to 'blacklist' are just disgusting and embarrassing.

greetings

1- I hope you study English more and less use google translate so we could understand what you say.

2- I hope PLi removes all of my posts and any post not related to this forum not let "some" offend me so I start to offend "them".

I always try to respect who desrves to be respected.

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #744 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2021 - 17:34

If that were really true you wouldn't spread your poison on Skype to anyone who is too polite to tell you to get lost. You wouldn't petition those in authority to ban people from forums because they don't agree with you. Or petition to have people's repo permissions revoked. Or is that exactly how you wish to be treated?

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #745 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2021 - 17:36

"1- I hope you study English more and less use google translate so we could understand what you say."

This is right out of order. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #746 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2021 - 18:03

"1- I hope you study English more and less use google translate so we could understand what you say."

This is right out of order. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

I'm only ashamed because I know you and your nasty personality, this is the only thing I have to say to you ;)

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #747 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,629 posts

+459
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2021 - 19:35

In my opinion this is not the place to abuse and insult people, this should be an open place for everybody who wants to contribute to neat and proper discussions.

I think this thread needs to be brought back into line instead of the insults and abuse.......

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #748 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 8 March 2021 - 19:48

Yes, it would be good to stop any fight, adults make decisions with their own head. There's no need to black each other either way, it's ugly and it's not good. I think all sides have said enough!? My proposal is also to close this subject because we're not gonna argue that straight.

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #749 prl

• 36 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 14 March 2021 - 03:18

To get back on point for a bit, the openhal-module data model doesn't seem to have any facility to represent the ability of some PVR models to switch between different code sets, and use different physical remotes, or to use the same physical remote emitting different code sets.

IanSav worked on trying to get that right in a module to switch between different remotes, but I can't find a copy of his code. It would be better, though, if the data that drove it was available through the common config data rather than embedded in Python.

The idea would be to have, alongside /proc/openhal/rcname, /proc/openhal/rcidnum and /proc/openhal/rctype, files with names like: /proc/openhal/rcname-choices, /proc/openhal/rcidnum-choices and /proc/openhal/rctype-choices. Those files would encode the ability of the boxes to use different remotes, and for the same physical remote to send different code sets.

That parallels the use of the -choices filename suffix in /proc/stb for having access to various different blists of video capabilities of the box.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #750 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 14 March 2021 - 07:52

Hi Prl,

The code to make the remote control selections is still under development and has not been committed.

The way the code worked was to offer the user a list of all remote controls and then can select any remote control to try as a remote control for the current hardware.  If the user press of OK is not recognised within a given time limit then the remote control automatically reverts to the last working remote control.

I was working on a refinement where known groups of working remote controls would be the only remote controls offered in the previously mentioned list.  I have been side tracked onto other code and have not completed this refinement.

I think I would like to see the default remote control being described in the main parameters (rcname, rcidnum, etc) and then a new parameter created that lists the known alternatives, probably listed by the unique name.  Obviously this HAP data will need to be maintained as manufacturers release updates on the remote controls that they offer.

(I anticipate that the rctype number will be going away soon in OpenVision, and hopefully other images, as your new help engine gets accepted elsewhere and we can rid ourselves of the KeyBindings.py mess.)

I welcome this thread coming back on topic and will be interested if there can be agreement on setting the compatible remote controls as part of the HAL discussions.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #751 prl

• 36 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 14 March 2021 - 12:23

Hi, Ian. It might be useful to post the data structures from your remote selection code. It should give a good indication of what's needed to properly support code that deals with the selection of the remote and/or codeset.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #752 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 14 March 2021 - 15:36

Hi Prl,

I am just finalising the new Information system on OpenVision.  When that settles down I will find the remote control code and post it here.  I may even commit it to OpenVision so it can be run and tested.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #753 prl

• 36 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 15 March 2021 - 00:42

I wasn't asking for working, tested code. I just wanted people to see what the data requirements are to do what the code is intended to do.

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #754 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 28 March 2021 - 01:53

Hello Huevos,

No attribution for the ideas and code taken from ServiceInfo.py on our repo over the last few days, e.g. "self.PROGRESSIVE", or were you going to try and pass that off as your own original idea?

And we have another factually incorrect and uninformed troll post.  Yes I will claim credit for the bulk of the code as I wrote much of it about 4 years ago and committed it to both the Beyonwiz and OpenViX repositories.  The code I just added to OpenVision is an update and refinement to my previous efforts.  The main similarities are the capabilities offered as I wanted them for my OverlayHD skin which is why I wrote the original code.  As you will note I acknowledged the people who inspired my original contribution.

https://bitbucket.or...015dc83bcf1d8c0

https://github.com/O...015dc83bcf1d8c0

I am now over your troll posts that serve no constructive purpose and will no longer respond.

Ian.

It was added 6 years ago by Ralf.

https://github.com/O...8441ecb5249eeb4

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #755 jenseneverest

• 65 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 28 March 2021 - 19:05

What part is not clear to you?

More repositories are open now, that's OK but it doesn't change anything actually.

It's still closed.

This is just a joke.

It's like "I give you this car, but you can't drive with it".

Open repositories are for self study now, LOL.

Yeah I know, the build of OV is always broken.

Pushing untested code blind to Github and let it fix by other developers is a real  Open Vision thing.

The other working code is stolen from other images, without credits.

Tell me, are testers still need to do a mandatory donation to get an image?

Well ,never mind, I don't care.

Changing Image name to "Closed Hypocrite" would be better.

Good luck.

And the best thing.... once you have jumped through all the relevant hoops, you come to realise, very quickly, that it is just a pile of crap anyways :lol:  :lol:

Or perhaps you meant to change all of the code until you end up with openPLI again :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anyways your right, no one should care, besides we are miles off topic on this thread, talking about the same old problem. (well actually it is one person really).

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #756 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2021 - 12:39

More repositories are open now, that's OK but it doesn't change anything actually.

It's still closed.

This is just a joke.

Pushing untested code blind to Github and let it fix by other developers is a real  Open Vision thing.

Good luck.

And the best thing.... once you have jumped through all the relevant hoops, you come to realise, very quickly, that it is just a pile of crap anyways :lol:  :lol:

Or perhaps you meant to change all of the code until you end up with openPLI again :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anyways your right, no one should care, besides we are miles off topic on this thread, talking about the same old problem. (well actually it is one person really).

So you are a crap collector?

https://github.com/j...ab=repositories

Another in love person with OV ;)

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #757 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2021 - 13:01

https://github.com/O...fcf753c85c8ee67

LOL, :lol:

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #758 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2021 - 14:26

https://github.com/O...fcf753c85c8ee67

LOL, :lol:

What's funny? I do remove things we don't use.

And other thing is I changed a repo name as it has more plugins (not related to OE-A) and also some removed.

Are you retarded or something?

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #759 jenseneverest

• 65 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 1 April 2021 - 23:23

It's still closed.

This is just a joke.

Good luck.

LOL :D Your actually right, there is a load of crap in there. I have lots of crap in many other places too  :P

I cant understand your current thinking and probably never will, it is a shame as some of your idea's were good, you should not be surprised to find others using some of them... just like you have cherry picked most of the closed vision code. I always though that was the idea of public gits, to share/ improve / develop. :rolleyes:   Anyways as already said, i soon realised the image itself was a pile of crap and moved onto better things. No point messing with closed crap anyway. Have a lovely day :thumbs-up:

Re: One proc file for detecting the MACHINE in all enigma2 images. #760 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2021 - 11:29

It's still closed.

This is just a joke.

Good luck.

LOL :D Your actually right, there is a load of crap in there. I have lots of crap in many other places too  :P

I cant understand your current thinking and probably never will, it is a shame as some of your idea's were good, you should not be surprised to find others using some of them... just like you have cherry picked most of the closed vision code. I always though that was the idea of public gits, to share/ improve / develop. :rolleyes:   Anyways as already said, i soon realised the image itself was a pile of crap and moved onto better things. No point messing with closed crap anyway. Have a lovely day :thumbs-up:

I don't really get when some people want to cut the bullshit, why don't you open your eyes and check https://github.com/OpenVisionE2 ?

Every enigma2 source is open and you could see the cherry-picks as well, if you don't know how to work with sources and expect me to help that won't happen.

This topic definitely is a playground and absolutely nothing more as I see more and more off-topic posts so enjoy yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users