• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Raybobo

• 190 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 2 August 2020 - 09:24

Hello everybody,

Planning a change of home, I will not have the same space for all the cables that I had now.

So, I would like to have explanations and maybe forum adresses too to find how to mount a complete unicable installation on optic fiber.

I have a Vu+ Duo2, 4 tuners, OpenPli 7.2, dishes on Eutelsat 5.0W, Astra 19,2E and HotBird 13E., 3 lnb quad, diseqs and 4 lines coming to tuner and tv.

Can OP manage this kind of installation?

What are all the components of the chain?

Will I be able to do all myself? (knowing that I have installed all for the "standard" installation I have now)

etc... etc...

Due to the available space and in order to simplify all, I would like to go in direction of optic fiber.

All your knowledge and all the tips you may give me are welcome, thanks in advance.

Edited by Raybobo, 2 August 2020 - 09:26.

LG Oled C9

Vu+Duo4KSe

Yamaha 5.1 system

Qnap NAS 2Tb

1 wife

2 childs

2 dogs

4 cats :D

Re: New installation, unicable #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 2 August 2020 - 09:45

May be have a look into the OpenPLi Wiki?

https://wiki.openpli...Unicable_/_Jess

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: New installation, unicable #3 Raybobo

• 190 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 3 August 2020 - 05:36

Ok, thanks, seems that it is not so easy to understand and configure all that stuff.

I will continue to read it and read it again. thanks.

LG Oled C9

Vu+Duo4KSe

Yamaha 5.1 system

Qnap NAS 2Tb

1 wife

2 childs

2 dogs

Re: New installation, unicable #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 3 August 2020 - 11:59

The main difference to understand is:

In a traditional system, the entire frequency spectrum of the selected quadrant is send down the cable by the LNB (or switch), and the tuner will select the required transponder frequency from it. So requesting one transponder blocks the entire cable.

In a Unicable system, it is the LNB (or switch) that does the tuning, and only the required transponder is sent down the cable, on a frequency (the SCR or Userband) predetermined by the box. So requesting one transponder only uses one of the available userbands on the cable.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: New installation, unicable #5 Raybobo

• 190 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2020 - 04:48

Thanks WanWizrd, slowly it's becoming more clear for me.

But sure, when beginning seriously to plan and order all the stuff, I will have other questions.

:)  :thumbs-up:

LG Oled C9

Vu+Duo4KSe

Yamaha 5.1 system

Qnap NAS 2Tb

1 wife

2 childs

2 dogs

Re: New installation, unicable #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 4 August 2020 - 10:31

Good thing we're here then... ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unicable, optic fiber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users