• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 7 August 2020 - 12:24

I'm re-encoding my old MPEG2 recordings to H264 (as a .ts file). If I use the reconstructapsc plugin, only the .ts.sc file is created but no .ts.ap file. That makes it impossible to use the moviecut plugin because it needs an .ts.ap file.

Does anyone know what's actually stored in the .ts.ap file? That may give me a hint for the re-encoding parameters.

The reconstructapsc plugin actually calls a piece of Enigma2 code but I can't find that code either. It may help if I could look into the code to see why the .ts.ap file isn't created. Using a high Enigma logging level it doesn't give any errors.

Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: What's inside a .ts.ap file? #2 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,608 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2020 - 13:23

Hi David,

Here  and here

Edited by ims, 7 August 2020 - 14:04.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: What's inside a .ts.ap file? #3 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2020 - 18:04

In the .ap are accesspoints stored. Afaik this means in most (all?) cases it stores pointers to I frames. I frames as you can easily cut at that point without re-encoding.
So check whether you can find a parameter for I frame creation. Or try other tool. Sorry, can’t really help as I never do this.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: What's inside a .ts.ap file? #4 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 8 August 2020 - 11:44

Thanks, both!
Martin's post to the source code indeed mentions "accesspoints". I use ffmpeg and can check if any I-frames are in the re-encoded file.

Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users