• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:02

TorrentPlayer 1.1

Transmission has been known for longtime as the only enigma2 torrent search engine and the known plugin eMission based on this library.
Although transmission has many good points like extensive,easy to setup and has webinterface  but unfortunately has bad points in the enigma2 environment ,it is heavy with slow performance ,consumes memory and more than that has not sequential download property which able us to watch torrent movie after downloading small percentage.
In the late years developers succeeded to bind bittorrent c+ library to python as libtorrent.so,libtorrent is light,easy to manage and more than that has sequential download property which make us watching the movie after downloading small percentage. 
Many when hear word torrents think about illegality and viruses but this is not the case in most of the times.Torrents is high technology to download large files with high speed without exhausting web servers.Movies and series now have very high quality and 4k quality but with large size ,which mean that normal streaming and classical downloading methods are unable to cope with this development ,so torrents streaming is the proper choice in this case.
I made torrentPlayer as first player depends and connects with libtorrent with reference  to known and popular torrent websites like rarbg,ytlst and thepiratesbay.
It is fantastic entertainment experience as you can watch 4k movies and very high quality movies and tvshows instantly without waiting long time to download then watch.

Warning:

torrentPlayer is not hosting and illegal files,it is just browser for torrent sites.

Although torrent is  legal downloading technology  but downloading and viewing torrents could be illegal in your country,check for that or use safely vpn service

setup:

download the attached ipk and move it to /tmp directory and install by telnet

PHP Code:
opkg install /tmp/*.ipk 

or by using this script in the telnet

PHP Code:
wget http://tunisia-dreambox.info/TSplugins/torrentPlayer/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh 

Features:
-extract data from known popular safe torrent sites.
-Built in subssupport for subtitles
-Include powerful search by using new virtualkeyboard with windows interface supported by history and google suggestions and available with any language
-Use of imdb search engine to display movies data as well as movie trailer
-Player with support for exteplayer3,gstplayer in addition to defualt image player.
-Attractive simple interface.
-And much more...

menu.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by mfaraj57, 20 August 2020 - 11:05.

Re: Torrent Player plugin #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:11

Which version of libtorrent is this using?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Torrent Player plugin #3 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:00

torrentPlayer is using for different architectures mipsel,arm,aarch two versions of libtorrent

1.2.0 and 1.2.4

setup script decides which to install according to the image openssl version.

Re: Torrent Player plugin #4 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:35

The plugin needs libtorrent c++ library,the above script install the library to your stb either arm or mipsel but other some stb processors architecture may be not accept libtorrent.
also libtorrent needs some image requirement as updated lib6c library and openssl ,so in some outdated images may fail.
however the plugin tested with openvix,openatv,openpli and pure2 and all are updated and no problem with installing libtorrent.
if you have setup problem send the telnet setup log to the coder.

Re: Torrent Player plugin #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 13:00

Just a question to the coder... Why are they using a custom infobar skin?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Torrent Player plugin #6 foxbob

• 612 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 20 August 2020 - 13:01

Works for OpenPli.

date:2020-08-20 14:48:39.645869
box model:et1x000

image:openpli-2020-08-19-develop
Gstreamer version:
python version:
enigma version:oe2.0
torrentPlayer version:1.1 lastupdate:f18082020

Attached Files

Edited by foxbob, 20 August 2020 - 13:01.

Re: Torrent Player plugin #7 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 13:17

Just a question to the coder... Why are they using a custom infobar skin?

why not? i like it

Re: Torrent Player plugin #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 16:33

torrentPlayer is using for different architectures mipsel,arm,aarch two versions of libtorrent

1.2.0 and 1.2.4

Not what I meant, there is libtorrent-rakshasa, libtorrent-arvidn, libtorrent-rasterbar and a few others.

But I understand it works in OpenPLi, so either it uses libtorrent-rakshasa which is in the image, or it includes it's own version of libtorrent (I hope not).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Torrent Player plugin #9 foxbob

• 612 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 20 August 2020 - 19:32

Please look at the installation log.I understand that the plug-in from the multiboot cannot be installed, probably.

pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open ///var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-extensions-torrentplayer.list: No space left on device

Attached Files

Re: Torrent Player plugin #10 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 19:44

1.2.0 and 1.2.4

Not what I meant, there is libtorrent-rakshasa, libtorrent-arvidn, libtorrent-rasterbar and a few others.

But I understand it works in OpenPLi, so either it uses libtorrent-rakshasa which is in the image, or it includes it's own version of libtorrent (I hope not).

The one i am using with torrentPlayer is libtorrent-rasterbar ,the others i do not know about them and if they linked to python or not,i have to check that

now the setup script of my plugins installs most its basic requirement and files needed for connecting with  libtorrent-rasterbar but also image should be prepared with some requirements as updtated openssl,lib6c more 1.24 and atomic library.

No probem when setup of libtorrent-rasterbar with stb,s have mipsel architecture but many users reported problems of setup in stb,s with arm architecture with openpli but as @foxbob reported above he  succeeded to install it on et1000 with arm processor and openpli.still i am confused about that and i do not have explanation.

i have vusolo2 and dm800sev2 ,both are mipsel and no libtorrent setup problems with openpli

Edited by mfaraj57, 20 August 2020 - 19:51.

Re: Torrent Player plugin #11 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 20:05

Please look at the installation log.I understand that the plug-in from the multiboot cannot be installed, probably.

pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open ///var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-extensions-torrentplayer.list: No space left on device

As log said something prevent extracting the plugin files as mentioned it is the low free space.

Re: Torrent Player plugin #12 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 20:23

Now  many ask why we should care about introducing torrent technology to enigma environment.Far from the questionable illegality of using torrents,torrent technology is very close to be the good replacement for the classical method of streaming.

Now with emerging high qualities and 4k movies and tvshow,the size of these media get bigger and some movies reaching more than 30Gb for one movie,apparently this will problem for the classical streaming method and who tried streaming of 4k movies understand well the miserable situation they got as the loading of movie is slow with many interruption even with very good internet bandwidth.

This because the 4k movies have large size as i have said so hosting servers capacity will be consumed by few number of movies  and the available internet for now unable to keep the flow speed of data.

So the torrent technology is the solution for these problems as no need for specific server as the large streamed movie resides in seeders pc,s and the torrent technology offers high speed of transmission of data according to the number of seeder.

Just for example i succeeded to download 4k movie of 30 GB with less than 15 minutes with moderate internet settings and even i started even watching the movie after downloading only less than 100 mb after few seconds. 

Edited by mfaraj57, 20 August 2020 - 20:24.

Re: Torrent Player plugin #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 20:33

Do you have a build recipe for libtorrent-rasterbar? As there are other applications also needing it, it might be a good idea to add it to the feeds (which is why I wanted to know ;)).

Re: Torrent Player plugin #14 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2020 - 20:53

For sorry i do not have it now and will try with others to prepare it.

Now the only image hosting the files is pure2 image as they have similar closed plugins using libtorrent

Edited by mfaraj57, 20 August 2020 - 20:54.

Re: Torrent Player plugin #15 Taykun345

• 1,296 posts

+41
Good

Posted 22 August 2020 - 19:41

Hey Mfaraj,

plugin cannot be removed via gui. How to properly remove it?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: Torrent Player plugin #16 catastrofus

• 3,440 posts

+43
Good

Posted 22 August 2020 - 19:57

Reflash?

2 x ultimo4k (dvb-c fbc + 1 dvb-s2, 8.3r/nb) + een et10k/osmini (geen tuners en dus fallbackclient, nb) met een Synology ds214+ (2 x 6 TB) op DSM 7.1.1 in ziggo oost (voormalig @Home) + A1/A2/A3/HB (TechniSat)

Re: Torrent Player plugin #17 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2020 - 21:52

Hey Mfaraj,

plugin cannot be removed via gui. How to properly remove it?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

in telnet

rm -r /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/torrentPlayer

Re: Torrent Player plugin #18 Taykun345

• 1,296 posts

+41
Good

Posted 23 August 2020 - 09:17

Yes, I did that. What I didnt do was full reboot. Just E2 reboot didnt remove TorrentPlayer entries in GUI.

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: Torrent Player plugin #19 vzoli1987

• 29 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 September 2020 - 20:20

could i adding torrent sites manually, or need programming sklils?

Re: Torrent Player plugin #20 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2020 - 13:33

could i adding torrent sites manually, or need programming sklils?

No you cannot unless you have good programming experience in python and preparing addons like kodi addons

you have to prepare code to extract the data from the torrent site in specific format then you can add to torrentPlayer.

However i put in torrentPlayer the strongest torrent sites and almost all  share the torrent trackers.

if you have good torrent site,i can help you to add.

Edited by mfaraj57, 6 September 2020 - 13:34.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users