• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 10 September 2020 - 20:14

Hello.

I'm looking for a plugin for Enigma2, designed to play videos directly from FTP sources. Something similar to the addon in KODI / XBMC. It will probably be necessary on the FTP server side to allow the establishment of a broken connection (request for data from a specified file position). But that is a requirement of the FTP server.

Does this plugin also exist for Enigma2 ? Can anyone advise ?

Thanks.

Re: looking for Enigma2 plugin, designed to play videos directly from FTP sources #2 mrvica

• 1,217 posts

+80
Good

Posted 11 September 2020 - 15:24

what about curlftpfs ? you mount the file system from ftp server to your box i.e. /media/ftp and you can reach it with any player, some fundamental explanation by @gutemine here

https://www.i-have-a...threadid=101633 , you´ll  need packages for armhf I assume

Re: looking for Enigma2 plugin, designed to play videos directly from FTP sources #3 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 11 September 2020 - 18:27

Hi.

Thanks for the tip.

So I installed it (mipsel chipset). But I don't know where to find some configuration in the GUI. Or can I only find a config in some file ? Do I have to configure this FS via a Shell / FTP connection ? Thx.

Re: looking for Enigma2 plugin, designed to play videos directly from FTP sources #4 mrvica

• 1,217 posts

+80
Good

Posted 11 September 2020 - 19:03

I didn´t try anything myself, there is a plugin for mounting in GUI, it wan´t probably work on OpenPLi without adaption

https://www.i-have-a...?postid=1458007

Re: looking for Enigma2 plugin, designed to play videos directly from FTP sources #5 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 11 September 2020 - 19:59

Yes great, thank you. I found it.

It's easy to use via Shell:

- manpage:

curlftpfs -h

- mounting FTP File-System:

mkdir /media/ftp
curlftpfs -o user=login:pass ftphostname /media/ftp
ls /media/ftp

It works great ! Goodbye Samba ! :) It's really great to watch all movies, shared on the FTP server.

Thanks again for the help.

Edited by s3n0, 11 September 2020 - 20:00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users