SAT>IP support improvements

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 30 September 2020 - 16:22

Hello everyone, I've been away from this forum for quite a while but I am happy to be back.

The last weeks I have been using sat>ip support in OpenPLI to receive signals from around the world (WAN access). Server used is the minisatip open source.

There are various issues trying to use such setup. Some of them can be fixed and I expect to send required patches in the next days or weeks. But some issues needs improvements in the enigma2 core.

- As it is, you can only "discover" LAN broadcasted SAT>IP servers from the enigma2 menu system. You are not allowed to enter the connection details yourself (unless you manually edit vtuner.conf). I am planning to fix this.

- While satipclient has been updated to understand the "tcpdata:1" option to enable TCP RTSP access (which really helps WAN setups), the enigma2 plugin does not. I am planning to fix this as well.

- satipclient has a fixed port for RTSP (554) and it is not configurable. I am planning to add a "port:XXX" option to also support different RTSP port for SAT>IP server

- DVB-T2 is not supported from satipclient, because it does not export "FE_CAN_2G_MODULATION" capability for the vtuner. This can be easily fixed.

Those are kind of easy fixes and I will send patches soon. More difficult issues include the following:

- You cannot have two (or more) DVB-T SAT>IP tuners from different areas (probably same applies to DVB-C but haven't tested it). For example I have one local SAT>IP DVB-T server for my local DVB-T channels and I also have another DVB-T SAT>IP server for the DVB-T channels in UK. As soon as I have both enabled, whenever I tune a DVB-T local channel, it tries to tune the UK server and fails. It never tries the second tuner, unless I setup a PiP or recording etc. I guess this needs a support inside enigma2, maybe to give IDs to DVB-T tuners and this tuner ID should follow the service scanned, in order to only tune to this ID. Something like "satellite position" for DVB-T.

- You can have a SAT>IP server that can have both DVB-T and DVB-S. But satipclient does not allow to have a "hybrid" tuner. Don't know if this is possible with vtuner, but since hybrid tuners are supported in enigma2 (C/T or even S/C/T) I think we could configure this.

- You can have SAT>IP server with 2 or 4 or 8 tuners (or more) but you can only use one in enigma2 (unless you setup a second connection to same server for a 2nd vtuner). I don't know if this can be fixed/improved somehow since the concept of one tuner = one frontend in enigma2 is very low level.

- Since most STBs have a limited amount of vtuners and satipclient does the assignment statically outside of enigma2, in order to add support for more SAT>IP server sessions maybe we need "on-demand" assignment of servers to vtuners. But this to work has to be managed inside enigma2 code.

In the era of fast internet, sharing DVB-T/DVB-C or DVB-S tuners over WAN with a friend is a great feature.

Waiting for your thoughts on this.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 September 2020 - 16:50

The DVB-C and DVB-T issue is well known, it is designed as such.

You have the same problem if you have two DVB-T tuners with antenna's pointing to different directions, for example if you live on a border and want to receive channels from another country, or if two transmitters have different regional problems (like in the UK).

To address it, the namespace field could be used to create a sort of instance ID (like the orbital for SAT), but that is a massive undertaking, as "EEEE" and "FFFF" are hardcoded everywhere.

It is one of the many things where E2 shows its age, but there is no appetite for a (partial) rewrite, which none of the teams I think...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #3 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 1 October 2020 - 08:53

- You cannot have two (or more) DVB-T SAT>IP tuners from different areas (probably same applies to DVB-C but haven't tested it). For example I have one local SAT>IP DVB-T server for my local DVB-T channels and I also have another DVB-T SAT>IP server for the DVB-T channels in UK. As soon as I have both enabled, whenever I tune a DVB-T local channel, it tries to tune the UK server and fails. It never tries the second tuner, unless I setup a PiP or recording etc. I guess this needs a support inside enigma2, maybe to give IDs to DVB-T tuners and this tuner ID should follow the service scanned, in order to only tune to this ID. Something like "satellite position" for DVB-T.

Yes, there is no solution to this issue and hardly anyone will write such code.
It's an interesting challenge though.

But there is a workaround

Edited by Dimitrij, 1 October 2020 - 09:01.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 1 October 2020 - 15:24

Slow zap will not really solve it.... aka when the see use reference is equal for two. Different channels which is the case here.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #5 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 1 October 2020 - 15:47

I know how to write an enigma code to check the availability of dvb-t tuners, this will be a frequency check.
But this is a lot of work.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 October 2020 - 09:28

Also keep in mind that every remote tuner takes up one virtual tuner and that amount is limited. The exact amount various per manufacturer/model, but it can be as low as 2.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #7 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 3 October 2020 - 12:22

Also keep in mind that every remote tuner takes up one virtual tuner and that amount is limited. The exact amount various per manufacturer/model, but it can be as low as 2.

I know, that's why I also commented about the need for a possible "dynamic" use of vtuner interfaces (that would require satipclient functionality to be inside enigma2) and also to make it possible to use different FEs on same vtuner, like the tuners that have S/C/T capability.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #8 mishu77

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 September 2021 - 09:11

Hi,

Any news about DVB-T2 support in satipclient plugin?

Thank you.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #9 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2021 - 09:22

I suggest fallbacktuner or remotestreamconvert or so will be an easier option here…. With some manual adds to the link you can also use streamconvert to limit bandwidth when it is required…. This also solves the issue with multiple dvb-t2 stuff….

Edited by littlesat, 6 September 2021 - 09:23.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #10 marian34

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 December 2022 - 08:21

satipclient for dvb-t/t2 https://cs-forum.eu/...hp?p=1898#p1898

tested vu+ uno 4k VTi image.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 23 December 2022 - 08:59

I suggest streaming these DVB-T(2) might be a better work-a-round. Changing 'EEEE' and 'FFFF' as locations is a lot of work and also there is no clear rule how define regions etc... with satellites the satellite positions is something that is clear in a service ref...

Edited by littlesat, 23 December 2022 - 09:21.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 24 December 2022 - 12:34

FFFF is for DVB-C and EEEE is for DVB-T(2)

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #13 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 24 December 2022 - 16:50

I know this…. But there is nothing to get two different dvb-t locations.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #14 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 11 May 2023 - 19:55

malakudi

Are you still interested in this topic?

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #15 dxellas

• 22 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 December 2023 - 19:45

Hello everybody,

I am also looking for a solution to use the internal Tuner of my Panasonic TV as DVB-T2 on my E² receivers in different images.
I would be happy to get it working on the Octagon SF4008 which is running SatDreamGR 8.0 right now.

DVB-T should work the same way but since there are no DVB-T transmissions anymore here around in Stuttgart I cannot test it.

DVB-C was easy after changing vtuner.conf to

0=desc:Panasonic VIErA,ipaddr:192.168.0.239,tuner_type:DVB-C,uuid:4D454930-0400-1000-8001-B46C479D2E7A,vtuner_type:satip_client

So right now the Panasonic TV Tuner is configured as a DVB-C server and working as a virtual tuner D on the SF4008.

What definitely does not work is DVB-T2 by changing to

0=desc:Panasonic VIErA,ipaddr:192.168.0.239,tuner_type:DVB-T2,uuid:4D454930-0400-1000-8001-B46C479D2E7A,vtuner_type:satip_client

If I have understood well, the modified satipclient-dvbt2.zip here should do the trick but what should I do in detail with the unzipped file ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help and my best wishes for the new year to all of you.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #16 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 1 January 2024 - 09:50

dxellas

These changes for DVB-T2 have long been applied in the original satipclient in feed.

https://github.com/o...12ed17c56bcR190

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #17 dxellas

• 22 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 January 2024 - 10:51

Oh really ?

Thank you very much for this info.

So the image I am using is too old ?

Can I update just this plugin and keep SatDreamGR 8 which is based on an old OpenPLi ?

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #18 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 1 January 2024 - 12:05

First in telnet:

killall satipclient

Two replace this satipclient --->/usr/bin/satipclient

in telnet:

chmod 755 /usr/bin/satipclient

and reboot box

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #19 dxellas

• 22 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 January 2024 - 13:40

Ok, looks easy but:

I have done these steps and still it does not work.

killall satipclient
chmod 755 /usr/bin/satipclient

replaced satipclient by copying yours over the old one

configured TV IP Server to DVB-T/T2

reboot SF4008

satipclient still sees just a DVB-S Server of the TV

so I changed the first line to 

0=desc:Panasonic VIErA,ipaddr:192.168.0.239,tuner_type:DVB-T2,uuid:4D454930-0400-1000-8001-B46C479D2E7A,vtuner_type:satip_client

rebooted SF4008 again

This worked for DVB-C but not for DVB-T2. I cannot configure Tuner D of SF4008 as DVB-T2.

Re: SAT>IP support improvements #20 dxellas

• 22 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 January 2024 - 15:15

Now I have changed it to

0=desc:Panasonic VIErA,ipaddr:192.168.0.239,tuner_type:DVB-T,uuid:4D454930-0400-1000-8001-B46C479D2E7A,vtuner_type:satip_client

and Tuner D can be configured to search also DVB-T2 but still it does not find any channels.

These are the transmission parameters used here:

Standort Stuttgart (Frauenkopf) - TV Helfer

I
s the new satipclient able to scan 1.3.1 specification with Multi-PLP which is present here ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users