Photo

No longer receiving transponders with horizontal polarization on Xtrend 9500

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeandubois

• 293 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 October 2020 - 11:34

I few weeks ago my Xtrend 9500 stopped receiving transponders with horizontal polarization.

I checked the DC voltage produced by the receiver when tuning to a transponder with horizontal polarization

and noticed a fluctuating voltage  between 13.25 and 16.4V. This is not enough for horizontal polarization and

the fluctuation is also strange. I also tried out transponders with vertical polarization (these are received) but

the DC-voltage varies in the same way as the one for horizontal polarization. Could it be that this behavior

is caused by a deteriorating power supply? Any other suggestions or ideas?

kind regards,

Jean

Re: No longer receiving transponders with horizontal polarization on Xtrend 9500 #2 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 11 October 2020 - 18:45

Yes, possibly PSU.

Re: No longer receiving transponders with horizontal polarization on Xtrend 9500 #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 4 November 2020 - 15:50

Replace the capacitors on your ET9500 box power supply, this is well-known problem.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users