• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 charlie69

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 October 2020 - 15:27

Hello All,

I have Zgemma H9S with your latest version of Openpli Image 7.3 Stable version

What I would like to know is it at all possible to do a Blind Scan Manually on each Satellite Position one by one ?

Many Thanks in advance

Charlie69

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2020 - 17:23

If you own one, why don’t you try it out yourself?

It’s a bit odd that you request this while you might test it easy yourself. I haven’t test blindscan on this box yet.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #3 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2020 - 19:20

For a blindscan to work, the manufacturer must include a (closed source) binary, usually in a plugin package, that's suitable for the tuner you're using.

Not all manufacturers do this.

Not all tuners are supported.

So the chance it's going to work isn't very big. Besides that the quality of the blindscan is often very low, it takes a long time and doesn't find nearly all transponders. So I guess you'd better just use Lyngsat and/or the satellites.xml file we're supplying in the image.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #4 charlie69

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 November 2020 - 19:11

If you own one, why don’t you try it out yourself?

It’s a bit odd that you request this while you might test it easy yourself. I haven’t test blindscan on this box yet.

This why I am asking as I dont know if I can do a blindscan with this box using The Openpli 7.3 stable version thats why i am asking on this great forum

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #5 charlie69

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 November 2020 - 19:16

For a blindscan to work, the manufacturer must include a (closed source) binary, usually in a plugin package, that's suitable for the tuner you're using.

Not all manufacturers do this.

Not all tuners are supported.

So the chance it's going to work isn't very big. Besides that the quality of the blindscan is often very low, it takes a long time and doesn't find nearly all transponders. So I guess you'd better just use Lyngsat and/or the satellites.xml file we're supplying in the image.

Thank you Erik for your swift response, I thought that might be the case but wasn`t sure so always best to ask first as i could`nt find any way of doing this through the remote and Menu.

I used Morpheus sat list for 0.8 west 13 east 19.2 east and 28.2 east, some FTA channels gone missing ?

Looked in Plugins and can not find newer version for those 4 satellite positions any advice on easiest way to update these satellite positions or even better if there is a plugin I can download from with in Openpli image as I can get FTA from 30 west to 42 East ??

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 November 2020 - 17:20

The image (be it OpenPLi or another) does not restrict you to certain satellite positions. There are various ways to get all services into your receiver:

- use a channel list, but as you see, not all of them are updated frequently

- use blindscan, but often it doesn't work well or not at all, or is not supported by your receiver

- use a satellite scan; as this uses the transponder list from Lyngsat, this is quite up to date and will get you all or almost all services (if you use a latest release or development OpenPLi image)

- if you're still missing services, you can check out what transponder they're on (using e.g. Lyngsat) and scan that transponder manually

So if the receiver can handle a service (hardware) it's always possible to add it to enigma.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 12 November 2020 - 17:23

- use a satellite scan; as this uses the transponder list from Lyngsat, this is quite up to date and will get you all or almost all services (if you use a latest release or development OpenPLi image)

The current and previous release images (at the moment 7.3 and 6.2) also get a weekly update of the satellites.xml.

And you can always do a network scan, which doesn't need the satellites.xml.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:12

Yeah, I forgot to mention, enable network scan. But you can only do that if you know the "home" transponder of a broadcaster and scan that one manually (or it's already in the satellites.xml). I must warn here, many providers don't have this information in a good, usable state.

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #9 charlie69

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 November 2020 - 14:19

The image (be it OpenPLi or another) does not restrict you to certain satellite positions. There are various ways to get all services into your receiver:

- use a channel list, but as you see, not all of them are updated frequently

- use blindscan, but often it doesn't work well or not at all, or is not supported by your receiver

- if you're still missing services, you can check out what transponder they're on (using e.g. Lyngsat) and scan that transponder manually

So if the receiver can handle a service (hardware) it's always possible to add it to enigma.

thank you for your very helpful reply again.

I was also wondering if i download another satellite.xml list by Morpheous will that delete all the other satellites i originally had ?

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #10 charlie69

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 November 2020 - 14:21

The current and previous release images (at the moment 7.3 and 6.2) also get a weekly update of the satellites.xml.

And you can always do a network scan, which doesn't need the satellites.xml.

thank you for your advice the channel list i originally used by Morpheous does not come up on list when i look in plugins other ones do is that because I have downloaded that version, the one i downloaded was 0.8 west 13 east 19.2 east and 28.2 east

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #11 charlie69

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 November 2020 - 14:22

I would ideally use a channel list pretty much covers 30 west 5 west o,8 west and and most of the easterly sats upto 42 east

Re: Openpli 7.3 with Zgemma H9S Can I ? #12 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2020 - 17:47

You can replace the satellites.xml file if you want and it won't remove any of your existing services. Beware though that the next time you do an update, your version will be overwritten (= lost).

If you're after specific services that are on transponders not listed in the satellites.xml, you're best bet is to do a transponder scan with the data you have (and satellites.xml doesn't...). But AFAIK Lyngsat is pretty complete, so the satellites.xml should be as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users