Photo

OsMio4K+ Wrong Firmware Version on Multiboot Image Selector

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Larry188

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 October 2020 - 15:01

When I update the OpenPli firmware on my OsMio4K+ it displays the wrong version information when I select Menu -> Standby /restart -> Multiboot image selector.  The firmware date does not match the release date.  Menu -> Information -> About has the correct build date.

Is this a known bug?

Also is there a way for a user to submit a bug report without being a developer?

Re: OsMio4K+ Wrong Firmware Version on Multiboot Image Selector #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 26 October 2020 - 15:23

I moved your question to the English enduser section where it belongs.

Basically you just filed a bug report. However some additional information is always welcome.

Firmwareversion and the steps you took to obtain this result. If I recall right this issue was solved months ago.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: OsMio4K+ Wrong Firmware Version on Multiboot Image Selector #3 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 26 October 2020 - 21:53

A couple of screencaps might help. One of the Multiboot image selector page, and another of the About page.

Re: OsMio4K+ Wrong Firmware Version on Multiboot Image Selector #4 Larry188

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 October 2020 - 23:58

The firmware version is Openpli-7.3-release-osmio4kplus-20201026_multiboot.

I noticed this problem several weeks ago with earlier versions but this is the first time I have tried to report an issue.

Steps to recreate it were:

1.  Updated firmware from the menu. Menu -> Setup-> Flash Image-> 7.3-release.

2. Loaded in slot 2 over Openpli-7.3-release-osmio4kplus-20201019_multiboot (with backup).

3. Firmware downloaded, installed, rebooted, and went through the settings backup with no issues.

4. Checked standby / restart -> Multiboot image selector and noticed the wrong date on slot 2.

5. Checked Menu -> Information  -> About and verified the image there showed the correct build and update date.

6. Rebooted the system again and verified the problem did not go away after a reboot.

Re: OsMio4K+ Wrong Firmware Version on Multiboot Image Selector #5 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2020 - 06:05

I will try to test this too but at this moment I’m not shure I still own an OSmio 4K+. I’ll check later today.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: OsMio4K+ Wrong Firmware Version on Multiboot Image Selector #6 Larry188

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 October 2020 - 21:53

I did some additional testing today and discovered that it appears the Lcd4Linux plugin is causing a conflict.  If I remove the plugin and reboot is shows the correct date.

I installed the 7.3-20201026 firmware in slot 1 without backup and the date was correct. 

I then reinstalled 7.3-20201026 in slot 1 with backup from slot 2, my original 7.3-20201026 image.  The problem followed the reinstall with backup.

I also have a problem with no front panel display. 

It displays boot on startup and then remains blank for all operations.

I have had this with all of the openpli releases I have tried. 

This is the reason I installed theLcd4Linux plugin initially.

I removed the Lcd4Linux plugin to see if it changed the front panel problem and that is when I found that it was causing the date issue.

To confirm this I removed Lcd4Linux on the slot 2 image also and after reboot it also shows the correct firmware release date.

Maybe this will help someone else if they are having this problem.

Any suggestions for the front panel display problem?

Re: OsMio4K+ Wrong Firmware Version on Multiboot Image Selector #7 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:44

What skin are you using???

Re: OsMio4K+ Wrong Firmware Version on Multiboot Image Selector #8 Larry188

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 October 2020 - 13:43

Pli-HD-FullNight

Re: OsMio4K+ Wrong Firmware Version on Multiboot Image Selector #9 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2020 - 15:39

@Larry88

As promised I would try it myself.

I first flashed a Develop USB image dated Oct. 28.
Then all other tested images, develop in slot 2, Release 7.3 in slot 3 and Release 7.2 in slot 4 still show the right name.
Then I installed lcd4linux and tested again. Result is equal.
Regarding the display I have noticed the following:[list]
[*]Displaying of the channelinfo when watching TV is Ok.
[*]With all basic commands via the RC the display is showing where you are in the menu.
[/list]
BTW. IMHO it's absolutely no use to install LCD4linux with a display like this.
I believe there is something wrong with your setup so flash as I did without any restoring of a backup.

I added my skin_display.xml which you can put in the right map to test. /usr/share/enigma2/display/skin_default/

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users