Photo

The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download.

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #461 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 21:24

Looks like the build config was lost when we had the storage issues with out build farm.  I'll have a look.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #462 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,379 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 21:24

Indeed. I forgot to report this earlier. As there aren’t any builds due to major maintenance of our infrastructure this might take a while.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #463 zebulon7

• 409 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 7 July 2021 - 09:27

There is nothing you can do. The resumepoints are stored on your box, which means you lose them if you flash it (and you haven't made a backup).

Why some are present and some not, a developer may comment. I'm not, and I don't use downloaded files, so I can't comment.

Thank's.

(I made a backup by BackupSuite and with autobackup each time i flash)

Vu+ Duo 4K SE / OpenATV 7.3 / Double Tuner TNT

Vu+ Duo2 / OpenPLi 9.0 / Double Tuner TNT

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #464 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 7 July 2021 - 16:43

High resolution picons not available in feeds.
No 240x240 package the highest is 220x132 wich looks very small in 4k tv.

Should be back online now.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #465 Kaizoku

• 65 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 7 July 2021 - 18:19

Yes all is good now, thank you very much.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #466 frodemoll

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2021 - 20:18

Hello

Choice of recording paths is missing from the menu of my VU+DUO 4K SE. I have tried both stable and beta release of OpenPli.

Can I install it from somewhere or what??

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #467 Kaizoku

• 65 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2021 - 20:36

turn on expert settings in user mode.
Recording paths will be shown in expert settings.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #468 zebulon7

• 409 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 17 July 2021 - 10:01

There is nothing you can do. The resumepoints are stored on your box, which means you lose them if you flash it (and you haven't made a backup).

Why some are present and some not, a developer may comment. I'm not, and I don't use downloaded files, so I can't comment.

Hi everybody.

Has the issue been escalated to the developers ?

I noticed that the breakpoint is saved as long as I do not change directory.

Vu+ Duo 4K SE / OpenATV 7.3 / Double Tuner TNT

Vu+ Duo2 / OpenPLi 9.0 / Double Tuner TNT

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #469 SekaPalle

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 August 2021 - 20:38

Hi friends... I'm new in this forum even if I use OpenPli since long ago with satisfaction.

I ask if there are problems on feeds regarding VU+ Duo2.

I've just installed OpenPli 8.0 as I realized my well functioning OpenPli 7.0 was no more finding updates, plugins etc., but same result also in OpenPli 8.0.

Just as a test I installed OpenPli 7.3  but same result: when installing process reach the point of controlling for the existence of updates the same process returns errors regarding "bad address" on OpenPli servers and, afterwards, searching for plugins can't find anything.

In OpenPli 7.0 installed on my old Xtrend ET-8500 instead feeds, plugins etc. are regularly functioning.

Thanks a lot for the answer. Best regards

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #470 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2021 - 20:41

"bad address" means your box has a DNS problem so "openpli.org" can not be resolved.

Start by checking the network settings, verify them, and run a connection test.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #471 SekaPalle

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 August 2021 - 21:22

Thanx al lot WanWizard... you are right and I feel a stupid not having thinked to such possible and simple reason: in DNS field I found an absurd value.

Have a good evening. Bye

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #472 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2021 - 21:23

:) :thumbs-up:

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #473 klosz007

• 23 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 August 2021 - 21:46

@ klosz007

You are a little bit too argumentative about it.

Nobody denies your problems.
Nobody here denies that you do not have problems with 7.3.
Some of us have tried to actively recreate this problem.
Without success.
None of us have been able to produce such a log.
There is definitely a big difference between 7.3 and 8 and following versions.
mdev - udev
The current version should work much faster.
It is possible that something has changed here with regard to SSD access behavior.

Precisely because it is an SSD, I would leave such permanent read accesses on the part of picon in the internal memory.
So it is standard too. These standards already have their purpose.
There is absolutely no reason to outsource them.
I can't tell you whether this will fix all of the problems.
We're all just trying to help.

greetings

Hi,

It's been two months since then. I was too busy to return to this topic + there was Euro 2020, Olympic Games etc.

But finally I gave latest stable 8.0 build another chance and no issues at all now ! Exactly same steps but everything works fine, no 'spinner issue' every 2 minutes which I had previously.

So one of these two things must have helped:

- either something was fixed in OpenPLi 8.0 in the meantime

or

- replacement of SSD in the tray helped. Inm the meantime (between previous attempt to install 8.0 two months ago and now). I replaced GoodRAM CX200 960GB (which did not create any issues with 7.3) to much more common Crucial MX500 1TB

Thanks !

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #474 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 10 August 2021 - 01:23

Must be the second one then ;).

The Crucial MX as indeed excellent, not the fasted, but very solid and problem free.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #475 klosz007

• 23 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 August 2021 - 20:28

I suspect so as well bo very hard to guess how exactly this SSD was causing that. Wonders of modern electronics :-)

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #476 HWTest

• 152 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 10 August 2021 - 21:04

I had a similar problem with my 4TB SEAGATE Momentus HDD in my Ultimo4k, replaced it with a Samsung 1TB HDD and the problem is gone.

And the 4TB HDD works in a PC without a problem, go figure ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users