Photo

The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download.

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #441 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 5 July 2021 - 17:33

Check on your synology, via the web admin, if there are files present with a .meta extension for those numbers. If not, they couldn't be created. If so, it is possible that due to the encoding of the file, length and duration couldn't be calculated.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #442 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,794 posts

+187
Excellent

Posted 5 July 2021 - 17:37

The red button in your screenshot, says “supprimer” which means remove. If you want to play the selected mkv (which is only a container and says nothing about the codec it uses) a simple pressing ok on the remote should be enough. @WanWizard as Nebulon7 uses a Vu and looking at the this “older “ serie, it could be it needs Xvid and Vu does not support it anymore with recent driver updates.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #443 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 5 July 2021 - 18:34

Possible, but that is unrelated to creating the .meta file. If it plays (and I understand it does), it should create it.

I don't have a lot of mkv's, I don't download, and the ones I have don't have this problem, all show a progress icon.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #444 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 5 July 2021 - 19:16

Are you sure it’s the .meta file? I guess it’s the ts.cuts file which stores the current position. And for non ts files it’s stored else where....
Just found the file resumepoints.pkl in /home/root
Sounds like all resumepoints are stored in this file. But I’m not sure.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #445 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 5 July 2021 - 19:47

Neither am I ;).

If I check my test files directory, I have a downloaded TS file for which a .meta and .cuts is created, but none of the other files have them. The only other file that has progress displayed has en .eit created.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #446 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 6 July 2021 - 07:44

Check on your synology, via the web admin, if there are files present with a .meta extension for those numbers. If not, they couldn't be created. If so, it is possible that due to the encoding of the file, length and duration couldn't be calculated.

I can’t find any of these files, even for files with full gauge.

Where do these files have to be ?

The red button in your screenshot, says “supprimer” which means remove. If you want to play the selected mkv (which is only a container and says nothing about the codec it uses) a simple pressing ok on the remote should be enough. @WanWizard as Nebulon7 uses a Vu and looking at the this “older “ serie, it could be it needs Xvid and Vu does not support it anymore with recent driver updates.

I know that, I was talking about the button to launch the mediplayer.

But, it's not a problem of old files, because i have the same problem with new files.

Edited by zebulon7, 6 July 2021 - 07:44.

Vu+ Duo 4K SE / OpenATV 7.3 / Double Tuner TNT

Vu+ Duo2 / OpenPLi 9.0 / Double Tuner TNT

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #447 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 13:11

As written above, I've checked the few mkv's I have, and all I see created is a .eit file. Which I don't understand, as afaik it only contains the programme title and description.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #448 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 6 July 2021 - 13:42

As written above, I've checked the few mkv's I have, and all I see created is a .eit file. Which I don't understand, as afaik it only contains the programme title and description.

But where are these files ? On my nas or in the hard drive in the vu+ ?

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #449 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 13:50

They are created in the same directory as the media you play, and have exactly the same name, except for the file extension.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #450 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 6 July 2021 - 14:05

So, on my nas, in the directory of my videos, and i have no file like this, even, for the videos with the filled gauge.

I think there is a little bug, because, sometines, it works, and sometimes, no ;)

Edited by zebulon7, 6 July 2021 - 14:05.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #451 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 14:09

Maybe @Dimitrij can respond, I have no clue how playback progress is calculated.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #452 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,023 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 14:25

Just found the file resumepoints.pkl in /home/root

Everything is correct.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #453 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 14:36

So any idea why for some mkv's resumepoints are stored, and for others not?

Not very handy that they are stored in a single file in /home/root, and not in the media directory itself, as that would allow you to pause on one box, and to resume on another.

Also, /home/root disappears after a flash (and you don't use autorestore), so all your restorepoints will be gone?

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #454 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,023 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 16:04

I have no such problems.

Settings are here:

https://github.com/O...=on_movie_start

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #455 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 6 July 2021 - 16:14

enigma2/InfoBarGenerics.py at develop · OpenPLi/enigma2 · GitHub

some image teams have it in /etc/enigma2/

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #456 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,023 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 16:18

yes

openVIX

https://github.com/O...enerics.py#L135

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #457 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 16:33

I think this needs to be reviewed, as continuing where you left off on another box is currently a very popular feature.

Ideally it needs to be stored per directory, to achieve this, if that is read-only you can always fall back to /etc/enigma2 (prefer that to /home/root too).

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #458 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 6 July 2021 - 16:44

Sorry, but i don't understand what you want i do ;)

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #459 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 6 July 2021 - 16:50

There is nothing you can do. The resumepoints are stored on your box, which means you lose them if you flash it (and you haven't made a backup).

Why some are present and some not, a developer may comment. I'm not, and I don't use downloaded files, so I can't comment.

Re: The new OpenPLi Release 8.0 is available for download. #460 Kaizoku

• 65 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 6 July 2021 - 20:39

High resolution picons not available in feeds.
No 240x240 package the highest is 220x132 wich looks very small in 4k tv.
Please add them again if possible, thanks a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users