Photo

All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases.

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #121 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 23 January 2021 - 13:05

Have done some tests

i changed the file /etc/asound.conf to the standard openpli one in openspa with working sound in KODI (the standard one in openspa have same content as suggested to use in this tread)
rebooted and tested if sound was working and the result was that the "system sounds" in KODI like clicking sound when moving in menu was now missing BUT sound was still working in addon video-s.

So maybe getting asound working is not the full solution?

Hi,

If you don't have the clicking sounds when moving into the Kodi menus then sound is not working. If you test it by playing recorded movie you have on your HDD this is not a valid test because it uses the internal movie player and there indeed you have sound.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #122 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 23 January 2021 - 13:06

After a new reinstall, without backup, i can see SSID name in network parameters. A litle bug stay if you change SSID by selecting another one in WIFI network and saving it in network parameters :the SSID isn't saved. To save it you need to enter in SSID name, modify it and resave.

Also 5 GHz WIFI isn't stable, there are some disconnections. On my TV, at 5 GHz no problems.

List of bugs :

A search in the plugin Tunein Radios generates a crash.
Chromium doesn't start.
Sometines the AVB mode settings is lost (2160p auto) : and it necessary to select it again.

Thanks for your job.

Wrong forum post this has nothing to do with Kodi.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #123 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 23 January 2021 - 13:17

Yes, i do a mistake.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #124 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 January 2021 - 13:29

Have done some tests

i changed the file /etc/asound.conf to the standard openpli one in openspa with working sound in KODI (the standard one in openspa have same content as suggested to use in this tread)
rebooted and tested if sound was working and the result was that the "system sounds" in KODI like clicking sound when moving in menu was now missing BUT sound was still working in addon video-s.

So maybe getting asound working is not the full solution?

Hi,

If you don't have the clicking sounds when moving into the Kodi menus then sound is not working. If you test it by playing recorded movie you have on your HDD this is not a valid test because it uses the internal movie player and there indeed you have sound.

Pr2

Sorry i was not clear in my text as i tested with streaming video  (tried KODI with playing videofile with CNN addon.)

I think this is different than local video (at least in my openpli 8.0 playing video in KODI locally from HDD has sound but not on streamimg video.

Edited by ntj, 23 January 2021 - 13:37.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #125 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 23 January 2021 - 13:39

Put all IPK in tmp and run install command and got this:

root@vuultimo4k:~# opkg install libasound*

Collected errors:
 * Solver encountered 1 problem(s):
 * Problem 1/1:
 *   - nothing provides requested linux-libc-headers-dev
 * Solution 1:
 *   - do not ask to install a package providing linux-libc-headers-dev

Did try one at the time and got:
 Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'libasound-ctl-arcam-av_1.1.9r0.0_armv7ahf-neon

Hello, I wanted to install the above audio drivers and now this error pops up every time I want to upload something from telnet, it does not upload on TV, there is now a problem with updating Openpli 8 or you can somehow remove this error without reinstalling the Openpli 8 system

I could not get it to work without a fresh flash, maybe someone else can help you?

looks that some package is in a 'half installed' status, for some unknown reason

what you can possibly try is to open /var/lib/opkg/status and find if there's any libasound-* package with 'unknown" 'not ok' status and remove it from there, may help

(and don't remove libasound2 by mistake too...)

Edited by blzr, 23 January 2021 - 13:39.

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #126 richard74

• 16 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 23 January 2021 - 13:44

Put all IPK in tmp and run install command and got this:

root@vuultimo4k:~# opkg install libasound*

Collected errors:
 * Solver encountered 1 problem(s):
 * Problem 1/1:
 *   - nothing provides requested linux-libc-headers-dev
 * Solution 1:
 *   - do not ask to install a package providing linux-libc-headers-dev

Did try one at the time and got:
 Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'libasound-ctl-arcam-av_1.1.9r0.0_armv7ahf-neon

Hello, I wanted to install the above audio drivers and now this error pops up every time I want to upload something from telnet, it does not upload on TV, there is now a problem with updating Openpli 8 or you can somehow remove this error without reinstalling the Openpli 8 system

I could not get it to work without a fresh flash, maybe someone else can help you?

looks that some package is in a 'half installed' status, for some unknown reason

what you can possibly try is to open /var/lib/opkg/status and find if there's any libasound-* package with 'unknown" 'not ok' status and remove it from there, may help

(and don't remove libasound2 by mistake too...)

ok, I did it, I turned off / var / lib / opkg / status linux-libc-headers-dev auto-installed na no

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #127 kalehrl

• 468 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 23 January 2021 - 15:06

Does anyone use Elementum addon in Kodi, Zgemma H7S?

The movies are slow motion, like there is no hardware accelerated decoding.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #128 didozgemma

• 107 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:42

Does anyone use Elementum addon in Kodi, Zgemma H7S?

The movies are slow motion, like there is no hardware accelerated decoding.

Yes, I also have a problem with the Elementum - subtitles not show, slowing down and crashing the picture, and then box chrash.  I'm reviewing the logs of Kodi and Enigma, but I can't do what is necessary to solve the problem. I think there is a problem when compiling kodi.bin or the libraries it uses. Only those who know and developers can say and fix everything.This happens with TV and addon - iptv pvr simple too ( slow motion). In the older version 17.6 there were problems only with the subtitles. There are no problems with Kodi_Leia in OpenAtv 6.4 for now. Settings in all test is same.Tested on Mutant HD60 and Zgemma X9S. 

Edited by didozgemma, 24 January 2021 - 12:45.

Mutant HD60_Zgemma H9S_Max HD_30W--56E

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #129 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,262 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2021 - 13:00

Yes, I also have a problem with the Elementum - subtitles not show, slowing down and crashing the picture, and then box chrash.  I'm reviewing the logs of Kodi and Enigma, but I can't do what is necessary to solve the problem. I think there is a problem when compiling kodi.bin or the libraries it uses. Only those who know and developers can say and fix everything.This happens with TV and addon - iptv pvr simple too ( slow motion). In the older version 17.6 there were problems only with the subtitles. There are no problems with Kodi_Leia in OpenAtv 6.4 for now. Settings in all test is same.Tested on Mutant HD60 and Zgemma X9S.

I suggest it is better consider to get a box that is more intended to run Kodi... then try to run Kodi on a box that is intended for DVB....

Maybe it is not KODI related but related to one of the players in the service app...

Edited by littlesat, 24 January 2021 - 13:09.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #130 kalehrl

• 468 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2021 - 14:01

I tried all players but only get slideshow.

Enigma2 default player, exte3player and gstplayer.

Doesn't make any difference.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #131 Aliraza63

• PLi® Tester
  • 250 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2021 - 14:20

I tried all players but only get slideshow.

Enigma2 default player, exte3player and gstplayer.

Doesn't make any difference.

Tomorrow I will check it at my zgemma h9s  will report it here 

I have openpli 7.3 on it 

DM-900 ,DM-520, Vu+Duo2

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #132 kalehrl

• 468 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2021 - 14:23

h9s is a different SOC from h7s and this is openpli 8.0 kodi thread report.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #133 Aliraza63

• PLi® Tester
  • 250 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2021 - 14:28

h9s is a different SOC from h7s and this is openpli 8.0 kodi thread report.

Yes I know but just for the testing purpose I shall check at both versions .

DM-900 ,DM-520, Vu+Duo2

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #134 didozgemma

• 107 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2021 - 17:45

littlesat-> As I already wrote with the same settings in OpenATV6.4 and other images (Open Spa, etc.) of these same boxes with the same processors hi3798mv200 and memory everything in kodi18 works at an acceptable level.I think the hardware is at a fairly high level to work with kodi or other addons with it. There are much weaker boxes that work well with kodi.
I'm not saying I'm not grateful for the work of the developers (like Enigma2 Sat Player -  Open Pli  is the fastest and best for me), but I still hope to increase the multimedia power with additional features (kodi, iptv).

kalehrl-> I know that H7 and H9 have different processors - I just share that there is the same problem in kodi and openpli8, which means that ...

Edited by didozgemma, 24 January 2021 - 17:46.

Mutant HD60_Zgemma H9S_Max HD_30W--56E

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #135 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2021 - 18:24

littlesat-> As I already wrote with the same settings in OpenATV6.4 and other images (Open Spa, etc.) of these same boxes with the same processors hi3798mv200 and memory everything in kodi18 works at an acceptable level.I think the hardware is at a fairly high level to work with kodi or other addons with it. There are much weaker boxes that work well with kodi.
I'm not saying I'm not grateful for the work of the developers (like Enigma2 Sat Player -  Open Pli  is the fastest and best for me), but I still hope to increase the multimedia power with additional features (kodi, iptv).

The difference is that the image you mention use there own BSP (so they decide to enable some parameters at the kernel level for example), while OpenPLi is "strict" about this they use the official BSP created and maintained by the manufacturer for them.

So it is VU+ which decide to have Kodi build in OpenPLi so sad that they don't properly enable the kernel options for it to work.

OpenPLi can escalate troubles to manufacturer and ask it to fix the configuration/driver but with VU+ it is like sending a bottle to the sea and with the Covid crisis it is even more complicated to have things fixed.

The other setup is not working because on the VU+ 4K model we don't have the /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer devices created by the kernel so all alsa sound related stuff are not working.

I am also disappointed that the Kodi is not working properly on my VU+ 4K boxes.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #136 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:34

Regarding the problem with missing sound in KODI on VU+ Ultimo4k  (asking for help)

I want to make a "workaround" by using the Openpli standard videoplayer also in KODI 
That one is already used for playing local video files in KODI but with the problem that you can´t control it (no pause, stop and so)
If i use that player for streaming in KODI i will have sound but the same problem (no controls are working)
Does anyone have a hint of how to get remote contols working for this player in KODI?

The way to get this player working but without remoote controls in KODI for streaming video is to delete this part of
playercorefactory.xml ( /usr/share/kodi/system )
(modified file attached)

<rule name="netflix" filename="*manifest*"  player="VideoPlayer" />​
    </rule>

Have tested sound in a few video add-in and had sound on all tests.

Attached Files

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #137 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 January 2021 - 10:38

Regarding the problem with missing sound in KODI on VU+ Ultimo4k  (asking for help)

I want to make a "workaround" by using the Openpli standard videoplayer also in KODI 
That one is already used for playing local video files in KODI but with the problem that you can´t control it (no pause, stop and so)
If i use that player for streaming in KODI i will have sound but the same problem (no controls are working)
Does anyone have a hint of how to get remote contols working for this player in KODI?

The way to get this player working but without remoote controls in KODI for streaming video is to delete this part of
playercorefactory.xml ( /usr/share/kodi/system )
(modified file attached)

<rule name="netflix" filename="*manifest*"  player="VideoPlayer" />​
    </rule>

Have tested sound in a few video add-in and had sound on all tests.

If someone tests this i just want to write that the only way i found to stop a video is to go in with the openwebif and click the "EXIT" button on the "remote control" on the left part of the  screen, then you can navigate in the KODI menues with the remote again.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #138 mahdi-dz

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:55

Hello ,

I am Contacting you about one small issue on MAXYTEC Multibox 4K UHD.

When we want to use KODI 18.9 , we can not ajust or edit the RESOLUTION , can you make ti possible to edit resolution like on the picture 

p_1848nv9t71.jpg

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #139 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2021 - 18:05

I install Kodi from openpli feeds on DUO4K but it doesn't start.

Edited by dudule22, 31 January 2021 - 18:05.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #140 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2021 - 18:24

We know that. please read before you post.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users