Photo

All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases.

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #201 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 March 2021 - 22:17

Indeed it is this one.

Thank you for confirming this.

BUT since i was using it and have no sound, maybe Dragnan can comment if he does something more/different?

Are the alsa Oss plugins in the correct folder?
Try to install alsa tools and play a wav file using the aplay command. Then write the output here.

Tried aplay and an wav-file and got this (but could not hear any sound)

Playing WAVE '/media/error.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 11025 Hz, Mono

Then opened KODI and tried alsa playing when KODI was running and got this:

ALSA lib ../../alsa-plugins-1.1.9/oss/pcm_oss.c:397:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Cannot open device /dev/dsp
aplay: main:828: audio open error: Device or resource busy
So ALSA seems to think it is playing and also alarms if i try to do things in parallell

This is logical, you can't run Kodi and aplay at the same time, they both claim the ALSA device.

Yes, that was my point

Tested some more with aplay and playing a wav file works partly, as i found out that the sound works on optical out (S-PDIF)  on my Ultimo4k but not on HDMI out

Sadly no sound on any output in KODI

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #202 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,759 posts

+81
Good

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:32

I'm a little confused about the discussion.
Nothing is changed in version 8.
Changes have been made in the develop.
Seen in this way, version 8 no longer leads to a meaningful result.
What is more important is the question of what errors still happen in an application from the development?
So if you want to watch Kodi, you should try the image from the develop branch directly.
Kodi from version 8 does not work. This is known and will not be fixed in version 8, but rather in the subsequent version.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #203 Piterek79

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:33

In my vusolo4k very strange.

Kodi is up and running . No sound from kodi despite this crackles

root@vusolo4k:/hdd/music# ps | grep kodi
13643 root      6712 S    /bin/sh -c unset PYTHONPATH;kodi;kodiext -T
13644 root      6844 S    {kodi} /bin/sh /usr/bin/kodi
13652 root      789m S    /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-stb
13744 root      2656 S    grep kodi

Aplay is working fine

root@vusolo4k:/hdd/music# aplay captcha.wav
Playing WAVE 'captcha.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 22050 Hz, Mono
root@vusolo4k:/hdd/music# aplay captcha.wav

Regards, 

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #204 dragnan

• 72 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 March 2021 - 20:50

What is more important is the question of what errors still happen in an application from the development?
So if you want to watch Kodi, you should try the image from the develop branch directly.
Kodi from version 8 does not work. This is known and will not be fixed in version 8, but rather in the subsequent version.

Yeah, all my testing is on development image.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #205 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:49

You had the dsp enabled but we never understand how. Did you use OpenMultiboot on your box with another image installed?
Because for me those devices are never available nor on the Solo4K nor on the Duo4K.
So now you are also back to the "normal" situation.
And as already explained it is VU+ that needs to fix this. Vu+ enable Kodi in there BSP but we have no sound at all making it totally useless.

I never could have imagined, this could be the reason - but thanks for that hint.

I actually did have OMB installed - and OpenSPA - but I never imagined, there could be any connection between the two images. So I just tested it. If I install OMB and boot to OpenSPA - then turn off, remove  the USB Key and boot again, /dev/dsp is enabled and can be used for sound in Kodi.

So what makes this difference? I am aware, that the OpenPli team is not willing to do the manual adaptations - but is it possible to somehow hack this as a "normal" user? I really hate all the other images due to UI modifications. OpenPli is super clean and easy to use - the best image of them all. 

Yeah, all my testing is on development image.

Testad now with latest dev with the "special" arrangement tested by Dragnan with multiboot  with openspa. (Ulimo4k)

Have now sound in KODI but only works with "audio downmix" and it is a choppy sound a little bit out of sync.

So exept missing "dev/dsp" from standard openpli dev, install there must be something more to give this choppy sound.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #206 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2021 - 13:04

Please don't trust the dragnan test he was using OpenATV as main image and OpenPLi with OpenMultiboot so he was using the OpenATV kernel that is patched to enable those device.
So you I can just confirm that it has never worked in OpenPLi.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #207 dragnan

• 72 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2021 - 17:05

Please don't trust the dragnan test he was using OpenATV as main image and OpenPLi with OpenMultiboot so he was using the OpenATV kernel that is patched to enable those device.
So you I can just confirm that it has never worked in OpenPLi.

Well - no. Openpli Dev is main image. Just the kernel is openSpa. OpenAtv is not being used at all.

The choppy, out of sync sound is on my setup too - but when I stop playback and start it again, the sound is no longer choppy. I watched a movie on Viaplay on Sunday using Kodi on openpli 8 Dev with the Viaplay plugin - worked fine. Also Netflix, German tvnow and some other plugins work acceptable using the stop start workaround and the openSpa kernel

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #208 murphys_law

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 March 2021 - 21:07

I am running into trouble compiling the feed for Kodi to try out the sound issues on my vusolo4k. Recently changes were made to move downloads from archive.vuplus.com to code.vuplus.com. See this commit:

https://github.com/vu-plus/meta-vuplus/commit/8dbde44fe617b22c9a4ffcf8a7c910e46668ae4c

However the file

http://code.vuplus.com/download/release/kodi/KodiGLESPL_vusolo4k_20180124p0.tar.gz

doesn't exist, leading to an error in do_fetch:

--2021-03-26 16:26:06--  http://code.vuplus.com/download/release/kodi/KodiGLESPL_vusolo4k_20180124p0.tar.gz
Resolving code.vuplus.com (code.vuplus.com)... 13.209.0.12
Connecting to code.vuplus.com (code.vuplus.com)|13.209.0.12|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2021-03-26 16:26:07 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Does anyone have the file handy so I can put it in place manually? I don't know what license this thing is though.

Or can we use kodi instead of kodiegl?

Thanks!

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #209 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 26 March 2021 - 21:29

in vu repo package date has been changed:

http://code.vuplus.c...8ca7e6b;hb=HEAD

PKGDATE="20190124p1"

so I assume you need to adjust acccordingly in "our" vuplus bsp,

should help

Edited by blzr, 26 March 2021 - 21:31.

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #210 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 26 March 2021 - 21:36

It has disappeared for all boxes.

Appearently we miss all the updates from http://code.vuplus.c...af8e4becbd73411.

I've asked VU+ to update the BSP.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #211 murphys_law

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 March 2021 - 22:10

Thanks guys. It compiles now, will report if it works.

PKGDATE="20190124p1"

should help

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #212 murphys_law

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 March 2021 - 15:51

Thanks guys. It compiles now, will report if it works.

PKGDATE="20190124p1"

should help

No workie in dev branch. Retrying in stable branch.

Edited by murphys_law, 27 March 2021 - 15:52.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #213 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 9 May 2021 - 07:49

Just for info, I found this thread about kodi 18.x sound issues and more (OpenATV).

https://www.opena.tv...idevine-34.html

I was looking for widevine cdm for mips which cannot be found.

Iirc kodilite did not ask for this or did provide it for mips...

A.A.

Edited by A.A., 9 May 2021 - 07:50.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #214 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2021 - 14:34

Widevine provides DRM support, I can't imagine that it is needed to solve sound issues...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #215 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 9 May 2021 - 14:43

Widevine provides DRM support, I can't imagine that it is needed to solve sound issues...

heh, nope

It was just a valid google match :)

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #216 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2021 - 22:14

@WanWizard

what's the roadmap now?

I'd move to kodi 19.1 which iirc needs only python3.

Do you plan to keep 18.9 in 8.0 release?

Cheers

A.A.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #217 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 11 May 2021 - 00:58

I want to get 8.1-release out the door in the next week or two, and keep any big changes till after then.

Python 3 is quite a big change, it might not be a bad idea to have a seperate branch for it, as Enigma itself also needs to be readied for Py3 (so ideally we don't need both Py2 and Py3 installed).

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #218 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:31

ok, let's do this way: I'll split the kodi 18.9 stb-patchset in chunks and recommit it.

I hope someone would review that because there are parts apparently unnecessary but I am probably wrong :)

Let's keep kodi 19.x for 8.1 then, which also has less patches.

Cheers

A.A.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #219 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:40

One more thing: do you plan to add any mali stb?

We only have one line, commented:

#SRC_URI_append_gbtrio4k     = " file://egl/EGLNativeTypeMali.patch"

Which stb will have kodi in the feeds?

Greets

A.A.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #220 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:40

@WanWizard

what's the roadmap now?

I'd move to kodi 19.1 which iirc needs only python3.

Do you plan to keep 18.9 in 8.0 release?

Cheers

A.A.

I want to get 8.1-release out the door in the next week or two, and keep any big changes till after then.

Python 3 is quite a big change, it might not be a bad idea to have a seperate branch for it, as Enigma itself also needs to be readied for Py3 (so ideally we don't need both Py2 and Py3 installed).

Is it possible now after the work done by A.A. to put KODI 18.9 for mips in the plugin feed (develop) to try out ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users