Photo

All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases.

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #61 dragnan

• 72 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 January 2021 - 12:05

So, I managed to get sound working on openPli 8.0 Kodi:

change /etc/asound.conf to

pcm.!default {
    type oss
    device /dev/dsp
}

ctl.!default {
    type oss
    device /dev/mixer
}

download the rar file

and copy the folder alsa_lib to /usr/lib

then start kodi and enjoy sound  :)

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #62 dragnan

• 72 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 January 2021 - 12:06

I managed to get sound working in Kodi - vuultimo 4k (and probably also the other vu 4k devices:

https://forums.openp...-sound-in-kodi/

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #63 dragnan

• 72 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 January 2021 - 12:19

this solution is not 100% stable - and sound doesn't work through my av-receiver. But it works with my TV - I have no idea why...

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #64 dragnan

• 72 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 January 2021 - 13:05

it seems, these modules are missing in the vuXXX 4k feeds:

libasound-module-conf-pulse - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-ctl-arcam-av - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-ctl-oss - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-ctl-pulse - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-pcm-oss - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-pcm-pulse - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-pcm-speex - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-pcm-upmix - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-pcm-usb-stream - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-pcm-vdownmix - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-rate-samplerate - 1.1.6-r0
libasound-module-rate-speexrate - 1.1.6-r0

could these missing modules be the reason why alsa oss is not working in openPli without hacks?

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #65 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,853 posts

+86
Good

Posted 9 January 2021 - 13:37

These are 2 things that still need to be adjusted from my point of view.
On the one hand activate the 'alsa plugins' in the build and on the other hand add the gst.

I cannot add it via pull request because I cannot test.
It was already requested it a few times in git.
Probably needs some time until it works.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #66 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,970 posts

+697
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2021 - 13:57

I suggest for now this is the quick and dirty diys solution for the time being...

pcm.!default {
    type oss
    device /dev/dsp
}

ctl.!default {
    type oss
    device /dev/mixer
}

download the rar file

then start kodi and enjoy sound   :)

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #67 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2021 - 14:52

These are 2 things that still need to be adjusted from my point of view.
On the one hand activate the 'alsa plugins' in the build and on the other hand add the gst.

adding alsa-plugins to 'recommends' for kodi should not be a problem, but I'm not sure what you meant by 'add the gst'?

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #68 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,853 posts

+86
Good

Posted 9 January 2021 - 14:57

https://github.com/O...d4d1c72d34d9efe

https://github.com/O...ee46dbb1b614de5

If you have a VU +, then you are welcome to build from the branch and apply the changes bit by bit as required.

greetings

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #69 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2021 - 15:25

don't have any VU receiver to test this unfortunately...

why these patches are not pull requests?

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #70 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,853 posts

+86
Good

Posted 9 January 2021 - 15:37

As I said,
I can't test it either. I don't know if it will work or if more adjustments are needed.
This is only possible through feedback.
I asked for it in git, but there was no feedback.

greetings

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #71 Moonwalker

• 198 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 January 2021 - 01:13

How to solve the problem of installing ffmeg / extplayer on OpenPLi 8, Box: Zgemma H7s

STEP 1
Install fresh OpenPLi, in flesh or multiboot

STEP 2
Insert via FTP E2iPlayer plugin.
I inserted Maxbambi ( https://gitlab.com/m...r/-/tree/master ), you can also use ZadMario ( https://gitlab.com/zadmario/e2iplayer ), and 9thPrince ( https://gitlab.com/9...r/-/tree/master ) will probably work as well

STEP 3
Install Serviceapp from the feed

STEP 4
Install e2iplayer-deps with the feed, or better yet via telnet, with the command:
opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer-deps
reboot

STEP 5

For exteplayer3 to work properly, it is required in the file settings located at / etc / enigma2 / settings,
insert the following line:
config.plugins.iptvplayer.exteplayer3path = / usr / bin / exteplayer3

You must do this with a command via telnet:
init 4 && sleep 1 && echo "config.plugins.iptvplayer.exteplayer3path=/usr/bin/exteplayer3" >> /etc/enigma2/settings && init 3

After this, start E2iPlayer (you will get a message about the problem with SSL, however the player will work properly)
Of course, when you start E2iPlayer, install what the wizard asks you to do.

Many thanks to the forum members:
foxbob
Aliraza63
blzr
WanWizard
gawro

I still get   - It seems that the video player "external eplayer3" does not work properly. STS: nice cant execute'-u': No such file or directory. Error Code 127

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #72 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,853 posts

+86
Good

Posted 10 January 2021 - 01:39

Yes, that's because of the annoying queries in the version of e2iplayer used.
The original author is known to have no more desire.
As mentioned, you have to swap the version because a different openssl and ffmpeg are used here.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #73 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:01

STEP 5

For exteplayer3 to work properly, it is required in the file settings located at / etc / enigma2 / settings,
insert the following line:
config.plugins.iptvplayer.exteplayer3path = / usr / bin / exteplayer3

You must do this with a command via telnet:
init 4 && sleep 1 && echo "config.plugins.iptvplayer.exteplayer3path=/usr/bin/exteplayer3" >> /etc/enigma2/settings && init 3

I still get   - It seems that the video player "external eplayer3" does not work properly. STS: nice cant execute'-u': No such file or directory. Error Code 127

check if you have for sure the config for exteplayer path in /etc/enigma2/settings,

if you enter it manually, note that path must not include spaces, as it does in this quotation above

config entry should be:

config.plugins.iptvplayer.exteplayer3path=/usr/bin/exteplayer3

Edited by blzr, 10 January 2021 - 10:01.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #74 dragnan

• 72 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 10 January 2021 - 17:32

unfortunately, I have no idea how to test it. Got an Ultimo4k and a Zero4k - but no idea how to build any of this for testing...

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #75 Moonwalker

• 198 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:15

Re-installed image and now it works. Thanks.

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #76 Taykun345

• 1,297 posts

+41
Good

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:22

Kodi just restarts on my Duo4k. It seems I will have to reflash, must be something from my old backup from 7.3??

Edited by Taykun345, 12 January 2021 - 10:22.

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #77 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 January 2021 - 14:22

pcm.!default {
    type oss
    device /dev/dsp
}

ctl.!default {
    type oss
    device /dev/mixer
}

download the rar file

then start kodi and enjoy sound  :)

Tried KODI today but only getting low "crackling" sound on my Ultimo4k (tried KODI out with playing videofile with CNN addon.)

attached my asound and kodi crashlog in the attached zip.

I have just copied the asound into its place and the alsa_llb folder with its content to usr/lib and reboot

Am i missing something?

Attached Files

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #78 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2021 - 14:57

I have just copied the asound into its place and the alsa_llb folder with its content to usr/lib and reboot

Am i missing something?

what about adding execute permissions to libs?

chmod +x libasound*

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #79 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 January 2021 - 15:24

Am i missing something?

what about adding execute permissions to libs?

chmod +x libasound*

Had not done that BUT done it now, and there ara no crackling sound now, infact there are complete siliece now in KODO so something changed but not for the better.

Any ideas what to test next?

Re: All Kodi related issues only in OpenPLi 8.0 and no previous releases. #80 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,461 posts

+397
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2021 - 16:08

I have splitted all, if not most Kodi related issues to a seperate topic. Please post all new Kodi related replies here?

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users