softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #21 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2021 - 18:55

ok, so the development is still in progress to get the new library working properly. I hope you will achieve it very soon.

regards

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #22 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2021 - 19:10

I doubt it, cccam will only get older and older, and less likely to work, like other old stuff like mgcamd.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #23 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2021 - 21:27

Ok, I really think oscam is the best. But I notice CCcam work better with some providers. anyway, I always can do a box reboot after change from CCcam to oscam, it is the only way to fix it.

regards

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #24 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:05

The problem is that cccam does not clear the additional ecm.info files that are automatically generated when it runs in the /tmp folder, unless the box is completely rebooted.
So the panel still reads stuff from a previous cccam operation even if the softcam is changed!
That does not mean that the new selected softcam is not running, the info is just temporarily wrong!

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #25 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 26 February 2021 - 20:54

Above all, Cccam has closed source code and it is not freely available on the internet. This Cccam is obsolete, although functional.

However, compatibility with new system libraries causes problems. Even if you use symbolic links (these will invoke a new version of the libraries), there may not always be 100% compatible functions. This is a stumbling block.

Oscam, on the other hand, has its code open and is being modified by developers around the world as needed. Newer build versions are constantly being developed and the original code is being updated.

I personally also prefer Cccam, but only for use as a softcam-client. As a softcam-server I use Oscam at home. This is the most compatible usage for some types of coding systems :).

Edited by s3n0, 26 February 2021 - 20:57.

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #26 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2021 - 10:08

it would be interesting to know if some day this issue were solved. but if the problem just exist on mips box because of a libgc library, it is not possible tu use the previous version of libgc library instead of latest one?? wich are the possibility of fix it soon? It's just use 7.3 version by the moment. let us know when the issue will be fixed, please. thank you

Edited by daveraver, 3 March 2021 - 10:09.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users