HDMI-CEC device-type remote-control

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lordportux

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2021 - 15:47

Hello OpenPLi team,

I have a zgemma h9.2s connected to a samsung TV and HDMI-CEC is enabled. Unfortunately the ch+/ch- keys are not forwarded to the zgemma box. The reason of this behavior is because the enigma2 hdmi-cec driver is configured as a recorder and not as a tuner.

I attached and screenshot of enigma2/lib/driver/hdmi_cec.cpp file in the github repository. As you can see there, deviceType is configured as recorder by default, and unfortunately it cannot be changed by the OpenPLi GUI or a config file.

So is it possible to implement the possibility to configure the device type?

or just change the line 57 to:

deviceType = CEC_LOG_ADDR_TUNER_1;

I don't really understand why an enigma2 image is configured as a recorder and not as a tuner, someone knows why?

Thank you

Attached Files

Edited by lordportux, 31 January 2021 - 15:48.

Re: HDMI-CEC device type #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 15 April 2021 - 14:52

No idea why, and indeed, tuner is more logical. Unfortunately there is no device type PVR (combining tuner and recording and playback device in one).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HDMI-CEC, device-type, remote-control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users