• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thijs_Rallye

• 168 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 February 2021 - 13:36

Hi all!

With now recently switching from a DM8000 (@ OpenPLi6) to a VU Duo 4k SE (@ OpenPLi8) I noticed quite a few glitches / bugs which _could_ be worth addressing.

Since I do not want to flood an entire forum I would like to check with everyone how the idea sounds of a sticky Q&A topic / small bug reports topic in the support fora?

Unless the mods don't mind the potential plethora of small questions in separate topics, then I'll just start posting my findings.

Don't get me wrong, I know the whole OpenPLi core devs are volunteers and the last thing I want you guys thinking is that I only come to complain :P.

I.e. which could be a quick Q&A post: I've noticed that if one presses the pause button the remote, the video and sound keeps running for a bit longer until it actually pauses. I am certain it has its reasons but for me it would feel troublesome to open a new topic for such a minor inconvenience. This behaviour has been the same in version 6 and 8 for what it's worth :P.

Another example: if there is a delayed time shift present and I want to power down (normal standby) the box via the button on the box itself I cannot do so without "OK'ing" the message of the active timeshift. (which I had to re-enable due to another small issue :P.

Might be worth considering :).

Thijs

Re: Q&A Collection topic? #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 11 February 2021 - 13:42

In general, I think the wiki is a more appropriate place for a Q&A than a forum.

The normal process is that questions are asked (and answered) in the forum, and based on the answers a wiki page is compiled.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Q&A Collection topic? #3 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,784 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 11 February 2021 - 14:21

Precisely.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Q&A Collection topic? #4 Thijs_Rallye

• 168 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 February 2021 - 15:49

Okay, that's clear :). I just didn't want to come across as nagging with a load of new topics.

Btw, I didn't mean a sort of wiki, but more a topic with short / easy questions which (imho) not necessarily need an own topic. I absolutely agree on the wiki.

Edited by Thijs_Rallye, 11 February 2021 - 15:51.

Re: Q&A Collection topic? #5 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,784 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 11 February 2021 - 16:50

The Q & A are in the wiki in form of the Tips and Tricks section and later there was added the Problems and Solutions section.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users