Change remote control

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 7 March 2021 - 10:53

Is it possible to change remote control?

I know it exist different IR protocols, so maybe not possible in an easy way to change between some types. However I guess that many using the same IR protocol.

With $ "cat /proc/stb/ir/rc/type" I can see 21 in Zgemma H7 and 27 in Maxytec.

I would like to test Zgemma remote with the Maxytec box. How can I do it?

PS. The reson for this test is that the Zgemma remote have very bad coverage. I need to point the RCU directly at the box, else it doesn't work. I would like to find out if it is bad power in the RCU or bad reception in the box.

Re: Change remote control #2 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 7 March 2021 - 10:58

and now I can answer myself :-)

$ echo 21 >/proc/stb/ir/rc/type

Re: Change remote control #3 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 12:46

You should also be able to change it in the menu. Maybe you have to set first menu level to expert to see this.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Change remote control #4 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 7 March 2021 - 14:15

I changed on my H7 the IR Receiving head (diode), the RC is OK, now i can aim against walls and RC is still perfectly working

Re: Change remote control #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 14:18

Do you have any details on that? It is a common problem with all Zgemma's, poor IR reception.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Change remote control #6 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 7 March 2021 - 14:43

try a few, I think my was from broken Vu+, I didn´t by anything, I see in the datasheet

tsop45.pdf (vishay.com)

there are two different pinnings, you just have to take care where the ground is, usually middle pin, you see it on the copper board, or test it with ohmmeter, you should have short circuit middle pin -> chassis, take out power supply while testing, the same way you can solder out an used one, you can determine on copper board where the ground is

Edited by mrvica, 7 March 2021 - 14:44.

Re: Change remote control #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 14:49

Thanks, something for a rainy Sunday afternoon (which is not today :)).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Change remote control #8 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 7 March 2021 - 22:13

It is a VS1838B IR receiver. It was a bit strangely mounted. So I bend it and also I cut off the metal cross in front. I think it is better. I haven't tested properly in normal environment. I will see what the user (a friend) will say about it now.

Attached Files

• Attached File  h7ir.jpg   22.45KB   4 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users