• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Golazoo

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 March 2021 - 00:34

Goodnight everyone,

If someone could help me please:

I want to receive the satellites "Eutelsat 10A Eutelsat 16 Eutelsat 7B Astra 19 Hotbird Astra 23E" on a multi-satellite dish.

What material is needed to connect all these satellites to (3 dvb-s2 tuner) +  (Vu+ Uno 4K FBC Tuner)?

For the Vu+ I need to use the Fbc tuner to have the quad pip or multichannel channels streaming on PC.

I read that I need unicable lnb, I need a unicable switch too? 

On a normal installation I would have needed for each satellite, lnb with 4 outputs: 3 cables for the 3 dvb-s2 and 1 cable for Vu+, except that I would not have been able to benefit from FBC.

Edited by Golazoo, 10 March 2021 - 00:34.

Re: Help : Fbc tuner and multi-satellite dish #2 Aliraza63

• PLi® Tester
  • 250 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 12 March 2021 - 05:30

Yes you need a Unicable lnb for it . 

more info and details can be find here 

https://wiki.openpli.org/Unicable_/_Jess
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_cable_distribution

DM-900 ,DM-520, Vu+Duo2

Re: Help : Fbc tuner and multi-satellite dish #3 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 14 March 2021 - 14:35

Maybe you could start by buying one of these LNB and try it out with this, is this what you want? I also have one of these for testing, but I found it too much for me. (that means I'm not changing my system for this)

Attached Files

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Help : Fbc tuner and multi-satellite dish #4 inadeg

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 March 2021 - 11:50

You can  use 6 LNB  and

- an diseqc 8/1 

or

- 1 diseqc Spaun sur221f  and  two Spaun  sar411f

You must choose in the receiver diseqc on  "diseqc 1.1"

an you have the choose between sat 1, sat 2,... => sat 8 or  sat A, sat B,... => sat H

But with this method, i' not sure you can have quad pip or multichannel channels streaming on PC.

The LNB unicable can only send the differents channels who are in the same sat.

Attached Files

Re: Help : Fbc tuner and multi-satellite dish #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2021 - 15:42

Yes you need a Unicable lnb for it . 

more info and details can be find here 

https://wiki.openpli.org/Unicable_/_Jess
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_cable_distribution

No it's not required to use SCR. It's just that with SCR there are more possibilities. If you use quad LNB's for all five positions, you can connect five committed switches and branch up each tuner to one of the five switches. The FBC tuner will, as usual, offer limited extra flexbility. The alternative is to use quadro LNB's and a 5x4-to-1 multiswitch which will have the same features and limitations.

If you want all leaf tuners from your FBC tuner to be able to operate independently, then you will need SCR. Options are Unicable and JESS, the last one as either switch or multiple LNBs.

- Unicable: very affordable but only allows two positions to be used, for your setup you'd need three (!) switches and a way to combine them (some of them are able to do that)

- JESS switch: absolutely the most flexible solution, buy a 5x4-input to 4-userband switch, 5 quadro LNB's and you're ready to go. Pretty expensive though

- JESS LNB's: less easy and less flexible than using a JESS switch, but far better affordable. Prepare to do some work though (like programming the LNB's, the programmer isn't included and you need to buy it separately) and making sure the LNBs fit. It seems it can be a pain to get them fitting on the dish. Also support in Enigma is less robust than for JESS switches (due to the LNB needing to boot every time it is selected; a JESS switch is always powered on).

Edited by Erik Slagter, 23 April 2021 - 15:43.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users