Blindscan plugin dumb question

blindscan edision edit dreambox python

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RamboHack

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:34

Hi. my name is RamboHack, im from México.

I've been using Dreambox 920 for the past 3 and a half years and been familiar with the Dream Elite Image.

Now i just bought a brand new Edision Os Mio+ 4K, and installed OpenPLI 8.0 (stable version).

My "dumb" question is about blindscan plugin in Openpli 8.0.

Over the past 3 and a half years i only selected blindscan on my Dreambox, and scan for Transponders, and the Channels, both things in one step, then i moved to another satellite and blindscan again, tps and channels in one step.

But now on my new Edision Os Mio+ 4K with OpenPLi 8.0, i have to go to the blindscan menu, then scan for transponders, at the end, when the process finish,  i have an option to select ALL transponders (yellow button) and then scan for channels, after that i have a list of channels (feeds included) on my receiver...... then i have to do all this proccess again for a new satellite.

My dumb question is:

Is it posibble to change this settings in blindscan plugin? i mean, i want to perform a blindscan in ONE SINGLE STEP, like i did on Dreambox 920 Dreamelite.

It is very annoying to wait for the transponder scanning, then select yellow button, then green button again to scan for channels. its ok for an ocassional user, but not for me a "feed hunter" :P

Anyone been able to modify this on OpenPli? plugin python maybe?... so i can scan for tps and channes in one step?

Also another dumb question, What exactly is the difference between "Scan For Transponders" and "Scan For Channels".... obviously the first one, only scans for tps on satellite, i got that.... and the second for channels.....  but what about if i chose only "scan for channels", will i get "hidden" tps, i mean ocasional feeds? or just scans for tps previously located in satellites.xml.  or what exactly is the difference between this 2 options.

Thank you all for your kind answers to this mexican pal.
RamboHack
Monterrey, Mexico

Re: Blindscan plugin dumb question #2 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:43

Transponder scan is two steps.
Channel scan is one step, Just like your Dreambox.
Blindscan is not capable of finding "Hidden" transponders. Never has been and probably never will be...

Re: Blindscan plugin dumb question #3 RamboHack

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:13

Blindscan is not capable of finding "Hidden" transponders. Never has been and probably never will be...

Thank you Bandido, it is crystal clear now!  i will use "Scan for Channels" only from now on.

Just one last and quick question.

Is it possible to modify blindscan plugin, so i dont have to select:
Scan for Channels: ON. (defalut scan for transponders)
Scan start frequency: 3700 (default 3400)
Claer before scan: ON (default OFF)
Disable sync with known transponders: ON (default OFF)

every time i perform a blindscan... i mean to set this options as DEFAULTS?? 

I guess this could be change in python plugin right? but i have to decompile it first
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan

Or it could be done in the Edision menu???

If i could change this settings as defaults in my brand new Edision Os Mio+ 4K, i'll be 100% happy with my new receiver! 
please tell me it can be done. 

RamboHack
Monterrey, México

Edited by RamboHack, 11 March 2021 - 07:14.

Re: Blindscan plugin dumb question #4 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:50

Changing The Scan start frequency from 3400 to 3700 Might make a whole One Second or two difference in the MIO/MIO+ receivers. So it is not worth messing with. You may time it for yourself and see.

Clear before scan and the other settings can be coded to stay where they were last set. This is not hard to do.

Probably most of what you want or are looking for, I have already done or at least have the files for it. You are welcome to modify the files yourself if you wish.

Edited by el bandido, 11 March 2021 - 07:50.

Re: Blindscan plugin dumb question #5 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,229 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 16 March 2021 - 17:19

Changing The Scan start frequency from 3400 to 3700 Might make a whole One Second or two difference in the MIO/MIO+ receivers. So it is not worth messing with. You may time it for yourself and see.

Clear before scan and the other settings can be coded to stay where they were last set. This is not hard to do.

Probably most of what you want or are looking for, I have already done or at least have the files for it. You are welcome to modify the files yourself if you wish.

Thank you Bandido, it is crystal clear now!  i will use "Scan for Channels" only from now on.

Just one last and quick question.

Is it possible to modify blindscan plugin, so i dont have to select:
Scan for Channels: ON. (defalut scan for transponders)
Scan start frequency: 3700 (default 3400)
Claer before scan: ON (default OFF)
Disable sync with known transponders: ON (default OFF)

every time i perform a blindscan... i mean to set this options as DEFAULTS?? 

I guess this could be change in python plugin right? but i have to decompile it first
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan

Or it could be done in the Edision menu???

If i could change this settings as defaults in my brand new Edision Os Mio+ 4K, i'll be 100% happy with my new receiver! 
please tell me it can be done. 

RamboHack
Monterrey, México

The problem is the PLi version of the plugin has not taken all the new developments which do allow the user's choice of settings to remain active across sessions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blindscan, edision, edit, dreambox, python

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users