• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #41 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 08:51

Why not add something in the epg zml file in which (main) language it is and only import that file when that language is within the preferred languages? Then no complicated stuff is required at all....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #42 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 09:54

only import that file when that language is within the preferred languages? Then no complicated stuff is required at all....

OK.  Why don't you program it......

The language code in XMLTV:

<programme start="20210409083500 +0000" stop="20210409091500 +0000" channel="Play7.be">
    <title lang="nl">Dr. Phil</title>
    <sub-title lang="nl">[Praatprogramma]. Aflevering 18005 (S18E18005) (2020)</sub-title>
    <desc lang="nl">Dr. Phil is een Amerikaans praatprogramma . Het programma wordt gepresenteerd door voormalig psycholoog Phillip Calvin McGraw, oftewel Dr Phil. In zijn praatprogramma geeft hij gasten advies over hun problemen of levensstijl. Dankzij zijn jarenlange ervaring als psycholoog heeft Dr Phil voor bijna alle relationele problemen een passend advies en oplossingen.n.</desc>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20210411083500 +0000" stop="20210411111000 +0000" channel="ElevenSports2F.be">
    <title lang="fr">Boston Celtics - Philadelphia 76ers</title>
    <desc lang="fr">Diffusion d'un match de la NBA (National Basketball Association), la prestigieuse ligue américaine de basket-ball. C'est une ligue fermée comportant des équipes de basket-ball des Etats-Unis et du Canada. La première saison de cette ligue a été jouée en 1946.</desc>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20210409090000 +0000" stop="20210409103000 +0000" channel="BoxHits.uk">
    <title lang="en">Women On Top! Most Streamed</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">(E0)</sub-title>
    <desc lang="en">The Spotify Gods have spoken and it's official... these women are at the very top of their game! Join Abbie McCarthy as she counts down the 20 most streamed ladies in pop.</desc>
  </programme>

These codes are as defined in the language code definition. And for instance used by MKVtoolnix the define language setting.
see: http://msdn.microsof...o(v=VS.95).aspx

But it si not as straightforward as you assume.

Let's assume that en is not in your preferred language.  Then you will skip almost all music and news channels, because for these channels only English EPG is to be found.

And occasionally I have to grab a schedule from a Polish website (the schedule is in English).  The schedule will be denoted as pl (Polish)

Edited by doglover, 9 April 2021 - 10:00.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #43 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 10:28

Using language defined in the GUI won't probably solved the question here since you can decide to receive both french and english language so both will be loaded into memory and then which one will be displayed?

Does GMEPG take care of the language code, how does it handle the EPG when there are several languages available for the same service reference?

If it handles it properly no need for filtering in EPGImport just load all the possible languages for a multi-lingual channel using the same reference (but this will fill up the STB memory).

But then you should extend the number of preferred languages because 2 is very restrictive.

People doesn't have to learn regular expression they can just type the "channel id" name like it appears in the channels.xml but I propose my implementation. This PR is allowing users to have a full control on what is loaded into STB memory.

So sad that I ask for help in the development section of OpenPLi where I explain what I was doing and nobody answer me, now that the patch is ready and fully tested you reject it. I would have better invest my time in doing something else.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #44 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 11:01

Congratulations for killing this useful modification.

Yes, I will not be needed by many users, but this is not a reason for not including it.

Am i overstepping my credit, when I say I am disappointed.

Thanks to Pr2 for trying to make something out of it.

Edited by doglover, 9 April 2021 - 11:01.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #45 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 11:12

We’re not killing it... we’re trying to get a good lean solution.... before creating a solution. It is a huge issue in the enigma2 community that a lot are creating solutions and finish it before discuss it how to implement it the best and most lean way.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #46 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 13:17

Come on I start a thread in the develop section about this and nobody react nor help me with my questions.
The solution I propose fulfill the Doglover requirement and is very flexible.
Once it is done you reject it.

Nobody is touching at EPGImport all the major latest improvement are mine.

Si now who will implement it the way you think it should be done?

Edited by Pr2, 9 April 2021 - 13:19.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #47 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 13:32

Why didn't you tell you plans in that thread where nobody respond so we could allign in forehand... then you can expect some respond earlier and also have discussions and help...

I think the start "wanwizard" suggested might lead to a better approach... Note a normal user will never be able to create such config file!!! At the end it is not required at all as there are already configs for prefered epg language...

And note in the past I also did coding that was not accepted or shooted by other 'devs'... that is part of joining and contributing to an open source community...

In addition for me at this time due to extreme complicated situation at home and my health I'm not able to code anything. I was also a long time hospitalized so I was not able to respnd

Edited by littlesat, 9 April 2021 - 13:42.

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #48 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 13:41

Oh yes in the development section.  Where I do not have access.

So you can discuss it at length, not knowing the problem, nor overseeing all the problems you can create with insisting on the language selection.

Come up with something, which does not even solve the problem.

And then saying, this is it .  We are not doing anything more.

Sorry, if I am sarcastic.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #49 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 13:42

I suggest we should give doglover access!!!

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #50 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 13:47

And why is the topic on GitHub closed instead trying and discuss to get it good? At these days it seems nobody can accept arguments anymore?
What wanwizard says indeed it would be helpfully to change the language strings in the xmls to dvb format.... then the ‘standard’ filters can be used....
Note in e2 the third prefered epg language is fixed English as default.... then you have other two definable languages... low and highest prio...

Edited by littlesat, 9 April 2021 - 13:49.

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #51 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 13:55

I close it because the way you want to go is not where I currently implement a working solution it should.be done elsewhere in the code. So I understand that you don't accept the solution requested by Doglover. GitHub is not a chat room.

And by the way you are the first one to not accept other suggestions I am always opened to discussion but then reply on the thread that I create to discuss it before I waste my time.

Edited by Pr2, 9 April 2021 - 13:58.

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #52 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 14:10

What wanwizard says indeed it would be helpfully to change the language strings in the xmls to dvb format.

Oh, yes and do you know what is involved there.

The program for grabbing is following the microsoft rules:  http://msdn.microsof...o(v=VS.95).aspx

But knowing your aversion for microsoft, it is probably not good.

And BTW, MKVToolnix also is following these rules.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #53 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 14:37

That was the entire point of my remark.

It is being programmed at the moment, but instead of utilizing the already existing "lang" attribute in the XML the already existing epgcache functionality to support multiple languages, and the already existing language preference in the GUI, it is now using a regex on an arbitary string in CDATA comments of the channel defintion.

The best way to avoid code not being accepted is to discuss the functional requirements and possible solutions first, instead of coding first, and then discuss them later... ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #54 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 14:58

Clearly NIH

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #55 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 15:08

With your language selection you have only 2 choices plus the default English.

I for instance will have a problem:

I want nl, fr and de beside en.

Which one do I drop?  Because if I do not define de, no German channel will have EPG.

I think more people have the same problem.

Also, and this is for testing only, I need to import all kind of languages.  Do I reset each time the lang atributes of EPG system?

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #56 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 15:25

That was the entire point of my remark.

It is being programmed at the moment, but instead of utilizing the already existing "lang" attribute in the XML the already existing epgcache functionality to support multiple languages, and the already existing language preference in the GUI, it is now using a regex on an arbitary string in CDATA comments of the channel defintion.

The best way to avoid code not being accepted is to discuss the functional requirements and possible solutions first, instead of coding first, and then discuss them later... ;)

Are you not doing exactly what you say you should not do.  First write code and discuss later....

Edited by doglover, 9 April 2021 - 15:26.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #57 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 15:30

I want nl, fr and de beside en.
Which one do I drop? Because if I do not define de, no German channel will have EPG.

Why do you need 3 languages.... ?
The two languages are preferred languages.... so when you prefer French and Dutch for example and in an EPG source only German availabe it can and will still show it...
Another solution of course and that is more work add prefered languages for epg in e2....

Edited by littlesat, 9 April 2021 - 15:31.

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #58 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 15:38

Why do you need 3 languages.... ?

I want dutch and Flemish channels (so nl)

In Belgium there are also French speaking channels  (Walloon)

And I want the national channels from Germany and the UK.

But yes, British speak all languages as long as it is English.  (also Germans speak and understand fluent all languages as long as it is German)

Of course if you show it:

First choice

if that is not available then:

Second choice.

If that is not available then:

Any EPG which is available.  (or provide a way to order them)

That would work

Edited by doglover, 9 April 2021 - 15:42.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #59 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 15:40

You still can set as it is now Dutch and French as default languages.... and all should work.... when you have a channel with only German language as epg availabe it will be shown...

Re: Request for change to EPGimport #60 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2021 - 16:48

@wanwizard the filter was not applied to a comment but to a valid XML tag called "channel id". If is not a regex applied to the full line but only to the field it must be applied.

@littlesat,

Feel free to adapt EPGimport, I am wondering if E2 support so well multilingual in the EPG why it was then not yet implemented properly in EPGImport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users