Photo

VU+ zero4k improve bootup speed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hdp160

• 100 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 May 2021 - 18:03

Hi my zero4k is like a snail booting up with the official usb hard drive attached.
The bootup is more than acceptable without it.
Is there a way of improving bootup speed.. seems to me openpli is checking the usb file structure.
I'd rather it did this in the background.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Hdp160

Re: VU+ zero4k improve bootup speed #2 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,794 posts

+187
Excellent

Posted 11 May 2021 - 18:15

I don't understand the title, but I would suggest, flash without a backup and check boot time, the 4K isn't that old, so it should have an acceptable bootup speed

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: VU+ zero4k improve bootup speed #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,623 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 May 2021 - 18:47

OpenPLI doesn't check anything. It doesn't even do a corrupt file system check automatically, like desktop linux distro's do.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU+ zero4k improve bootup speed #4 mimisiku

• 5,462 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 11 May 2021 - 19:26

I own 5 of these VU+Zero4K and 2 with the PVR-Kit attached (I think the TS uses the same). Booting is as fast as without them attached. Maybe the attached HDD's are at fault. I use only SSD devices....
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: VU+ zero4k improve bootup speed #5 hdp160

• 100 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 May 2021 - 20:29

Thanks everyone.... now I know that the file system is not being parsed, its not a file system checking issue. I'll do some reinstalls and see if that helps.

Re: VU+ zero4k improve bootup speed #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,623 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 May 2021 - 20:55

It could still be file system corruption, so mounting it causes problems. You'll need to check that first,

Check dmesg output after boot to see if there are any messages...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU+ zero4k improve bootup speed #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:48

If he is talking about boot time of course that there is a check on the USB port to see if an update file is found.

How do you format your external HDD (in Windows NTFS format or in Unix ext4)?  Some boot loader have troubles with NTFS attached devices at boot.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users