←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Please add 6952, 6887, 6975 frequencies to...

nirvanaman's Photo nirvanaman 27 Dec 2008

Hi, please could 6952 be added as 1 of the default frequencies for the pli jade image, you already have 2 of the 3 frequencies, would be nice if you added the last frequency which my area and alot of other areas use. We have to manually enter it and try and find a frequency for it online at the moment.

thanks!

pieterg's Photo pieterg 27 Dec 2008

I don't see the two frequencies you mention we should already have, this is our current cables.xml:

http://cvs.tuxbox.or...c=0&view=markup

which lines do you want us to add?

ah yes, your 2 arent uk ones i dont think, you need to add: 6975, 6952, 6887

The cli image has the correct ones in their cables.xml file, you could probably copy their cables.xml file and put it in your image.

I've updated the topic title now.

Attached Files

i transferred the cables.xml file and scanned worked fine except its missing a few channels, the 3 setanta channels are missing, e4, itv2, itv3, itv4 and many more.

Anyone able to help me get those on?Hoping pli could release a new image that will have the uk symbol rates and frequencies all ready in the image so we can just choose which of the 3 symbol rates our area is then scan and get all channels.

hemertje's Photo hemertje 27 Dec 2008

we can do alott, but we are not magicians ;)

i can put my cli image back on and get you details that you might need like frequencies that my area uses as i can probably do that via webif on stream settings popup window or if you know the cli guys im sure they could help you out.

i'll have to go back to cli image as there's too many channels that i watch which are unavailable to me.

jonc's Photo jonc 27 Dec 2008

or better still do this and copy your cable.xml file to your PC, reinstall Pli Jade Final and copy the cable.xml back from your PC to Jade Final

do you mean copy my cables.xml from my cli image as i've already done that, i couldnt scan with pli jade image as it didnt have my symbol rate and the relevant settings for it in the image, i had to ftp across the cables.xml from my pc which was from my cli image and then scanned for channels but it didnt pick up all the channels, missing quite alot of them.

thanks for helping though.

well you got me, as this would indicate you did not copy it over correctly as the file is the same format on all images/software

where did you copy it to? to /var/etc/cable.xml ?

i'm fairly sure yeah, its attached to post 3 of this thread.

sorry but please be sure, as the indications are that you did not do this, else there would be no issues mate :)

I scanned using the cablename:

"CableUK Sym6952"

on my cli image there are only 3 or 4 cablenames that show up to choose from:

"CableUK Sym6952"
"CableUK Sym6887"
"Bruteforce"

maybe:

"CableUK Sym6975" too

when i put it on the pli image i have 9 choices:

"CableUK Sym6952"
"CableUK Sym6887"
"Bruteforce"
"NTL cable ie bf"
"
NTL MMDS"
"
NTL MMDS brutef."
"Chorus cable"
"Chorus bruteforce"
"Smallworld 6952"

Think i'll try scanning "smallworld 6952" too and see if this can get the missing channels.

I'll report back later with my findings!

if you read the file you provided Pli Jade is showing what is in there see the headers for each cable network

<cable name="CableUK Sym6952" satfeed="true" flags="0">

and the others

yeah, thats where i copied the ones i pasted from.

scanning smallword 6952 found a few more, i decided to use the bruteforce scan and it found ALL channels, i'm very happy now!

Hope you can update the cable database in your next image.

Many thanks guys!

dAF2000's Photo dAF2000 27 Dec 2008

Is the cables.xml in your 2nd post as it should be in the next image? Or can you post the right xml file here?
I'll check for the differences and can add it to the image.

nirvanaman's Photo nirvanaman 28 Dec 2008

i'm not sure as that cables.xml file was taken from my cli box AFTER scanning, so dont know if it was customised to my box after scanning or not. You need to ask cli guys for the original cables.xml file really i would have thought OR possibly use the 1 i posted but make sure users choose "brute force" as the other ones didnt work for me, even though they did on my cli image, which makes me think my box already the cables.xml file during scanning.

maybe you could find some uk cable people from different areas to my 6952 and integrate this cables.xml file into pli image and get them to beta test it using "brute force" and see if it gets them all the channels.

If you know cli guys probs best asking them as they know alot more about it than me:P

hemertje's Photo hemertje 28 Dec 2008

your cable.xml isnt updated after a scan, only the result of the scanning is updated, not the source file what to scan

we have no clue or idea who the cli guys are...
better is that you ask them about how it works for you what the extra line should be ;)

nirvanaman's Photo nirvanaman 10 May 2009

you guys still havent added my cables.xml into your images, symbol rate 6952 isn't installed by default so i have to copy the cables.xml in this link and overwrite the 1 thats in the image, would be much better if it was included by default. Just tried with the latest pli image.

dAF2000's Photo dAF2000 11 May 2009

That's right. I forgot to add this issue to the bug database. Just did it now.

pieterg's Photo pieterg 13 May 2009

if we replace ours by yours, it will not work anymore for people for which it works right now.
In other words, you need to add the missing stuff to the tuxbox version
http://cvs.tuxbox.or...box&view=markup
and we will make sure it gets committed there, and included in our next image.

PS, use generic naming (like 'All (SR6875)' as in the standard tuxbox cables.xml), and set fec_inner to 0 (=auto) to make it work for different providers.