• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Re: Channels server in home network #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,608 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 29 June 2021 - 21:02

Using the fallback tuner you can pull channel lists and EPG towards you as well. The main difference with RemoteStreamConverter is that the last one works per bouquet, the fallbacks copies the entire channel list.

I maintain my list on a box with both S and T tuners, and all others use the fallback mechanism to pull this channel list towards them. They pull EPG from my livingroom box which runs EPGrefresh and EPGimport.

As to authenication, there is a "Customize OpenWebIf settings for fallback tuner". Set it to yes, and you can define a username, password and/or alternative port number.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Channels server in home network #22 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 30 June 2021 - 12:06

how did you "upgrade" the OpenWebif? Expierincing the same issue here but don't want to flash a new image.

I copy files from here https://github.com/E...eads/master.zip and put them  in user/lib/enigma2.....

What would be the purpose of using a root password for use of the fallback feature?

I just want to known if the root password enabled is a problem for the falback tuner.

Regards

Re: Channels server in home network #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,608 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 June 2021 - 12:14

No, not as long as you configure the password on the client box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Channels server in home network #24 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 30 June 2021 - 20:02

And if the password is on the server box ?

Re: Channels server in home network #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,608 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 June 2021 - 22:07

This is about the server box. The client needs to know it has to pass a username and password in the request to the server?

Re: Channels server in home network #26 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 1 July 2021 - 07:43

As to authenication, there is a "Customize OpenWebIf settings for fallback tuner". Set it to yes, and you can define a username, password and/or alternative port number.

I never see that, i need to search.

Re: Channels server in home network #27 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,608 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 1 July 2021 - 20:34

It is in the fallback tuner settings, on the client, towards the bottom.

Re: Channels server in home network #28 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 1 July 2021 - 21:50

Yes, i find it.

I can transfer the channels groups if i select only channels and not channels and EPG because there is an error to transfer epg.dat file (probably because it is on the HDD).

If i select a channel, i have a black screen and an error like "tuning problem".

It work fine with RemoteStreamConverter.

Re: Channels server in home network #29 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2021 - 06:26

I have a new Edision and i do another try.and it works with he the falback tuner.

There is a bug if channels and EPG are selected it works only with channels selected.

Re: Channels server in home network #30 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2021 - 14:24

All is not perfect. There is an error "tuning failed" on TNT channels (coming from DUO4K).

There is also a bug on osmio 4k+ on the last option on the fallback tuner. This option talk about fallback tnt tuner but it is impossible to save these parameters.

Tested on the last Openpli 8.0.

Re: Channels server in home network #31 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2021 - 17:16

Falback tuner working good for sat channels and no working for TNT channels.

The falback tuner last option isn't activated because it is impossible to save it. (see picture)

I don't know if this option is necessary for TNT channels.

Re: Channels server in home network #32 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2021 - 17:46

The picture !

Attached Files

Re: Channels server in home network #33 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2021 - 18:07

No problem to see TNT channels with OpenWebif from DUO4K. (If it can help)

Re: Channels server in home network #34 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,608 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2021 - 20:34

There shouldn't be any difference between an Edision and a VU+, the software is the same on both of them (assuming the same image version).

Re: Channels server in home network #35 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 2 August 2021 - 21:03

Is there any news to have TNT2 channels working using falback tuner ?

Server is DUO4K (OpenPLI develop last release)

Client is osmio4k+ (Openpli 8.0 last release) Fallback tuner

2 bugs in falback tuner

- impossible to activate the last option alternative url DVB T

- impossible to import channels and EPG, only channels is working

Re: Channels server in home network #36 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,608 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 2 August 2021 - 21:46

Have you tried installing develop  on the osmio4k+ as well? If code needs to be fixed, it will always be done on a develop, not on a release image.

Re: Channels server in home network #37 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 2 August 2021 - 22:11

Be carefull if you use the fallback tuner your channel list is replaced by the one from the server!  And you original channel list is restored only when the fallback tuner is not reachable.

I have face this problem with my 1st DVB-S2X STB I define on as fallback tuner a STB which can only perform DVB-S2, so in my channel list I no longer see the DVB-S2X channels. This turns me crazy, until I realize what fallback tuner is doing so I stop using it.  :)

Fallback tuner is only nice and useful if you want to use the client as a tuner less receiver, if you want to use both your local tuner and fallback tuner it is a mess.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Channels server in home network #38 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,608 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 2 August 2021 - 22:29

I scan on a box with S, C and T tuners, and use that as the source for channels in the fallback config. And use another box for EPG and streams. I haven't tried different URL's for C and T yet (pointing directly to my scan box).

Re: Channels server in home network #39 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 3 August 2021 - 06:45

@PR2 ; I saw this problem, i only use falback tuner.

@ WanWizard : I will do a test with the last openpli develop release on Osmio..(With Openpli 8.0 release, WLAN is better on Osmio)

Re: Channels server in home network #40 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2021 - 17:46

Test with openpli develop (last release 03/08/2021) :

- Falback tuner works fine on tnt channels

- import channels and EPG works fine.

- impossible to save the last option alternative url DVB T (i don't known what is it for)

A big bug in DVBS  tuner when you want to save the settings (enigma2 crash)

On WLAN network, only 5 GHz is detected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users