RFC: oscamstatus should be optional

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 14 July 2021 - 13:39

I personally prefer to install by myself the plugins and as for oscam, I think that this commit is debatable:

https://github.com/O...2bd4f1a0ca42b4d

Modified by successive commits but still in RRECOMMENDS so installed by default when installing oscam.

I really don't need that: there is already an oscam entry in the 'blue key' extension menu.

Re: RFC: oscamstatus should be optional #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2021 - 13:55

The oscam status under the blue button IS the oscam status plugin?

It was added because for most (end) users it is a benefit, and we use it in instructions on how to enable / disable readers in the standard config.

Power users can always remove it?

Also, it allows you to access / monitor other oscam installations. In my case, the default server is my cardserver, I don't have local cards in any box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: RFC: oscamstatus should be optional #3 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 14 July 2021 - 13:59

Sorry, I am not so good in enigma2 terms.

I mean that even if you uninstall that oscamstatus plugin  (which is installing an extra entry in the plugins menu) you still have oscam stop/start/restart in the extension menu.

You just don't need more normally, there is the web interface for the rest.

A.A.

P.S.

the same was with transmission: there is web interface so enigma2-plugin (with different paths back then) is superfluous imho

Edited by A.A., 14 July 2021 - 14:02.

Re: RFC: oscamstatus should be optional #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2021 - 14:13

It is there mainly for reader access, I know it has a web interface, but most end users don't even know what an IP is... ;) And those constitute the majority of OpenPLi users.

Whether or not there is access to the softcam menu from the blue button list is a configurable option, I have that switched off, as I never have the need to restart a softcam.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: RFC: oscamstatus should be optional #5 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 14 July 2021 - 14:28

My usecase is very simple: in Italy we have Tivusat platform on 13°E and that's the standard.

Here users just need a proper oscam.server fle and a card. CAM is optional if you have an STB, maybe slower in zapping

It would maybe make sense to provide some optional configs, a skeleton with just one reader,

I think there was something similar for an NL provider in the past, maybe it is still there.

Configs for card-sharing or strange servers are another matter :)

Cheers

A.A.

Re: RFC: oscamstatus should be optional #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2021 - 14:30

Currently a short list of readers is preconfigured, uses need to use the plugin to enable the reader that matches their card and reader number.

It might from an end-user perspective be a better idea to make seperate packages for the config, with the correct readers configured, but that will be complex as there are a lot of permutations.

In the Netherlands, you have a sat and cable providers, and quite a few Dutch also have Belgian or German cards. And quite a few Belgian users have Dutch or French cards.

In the end, you can't please all of the people all of the time... ;)

Re: RFC: oscamstatus should be optional #7 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,597 posts

+458
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2021 - 20:46

That's why I changed, a while ago, the default-readers config instead of the config I made in the first place, which was based on the dutch users.

About the oscamstatus plugin, as Wanwizard noted, it is done to allow an 'ordinairy user' to also work with oscam, if you don't want it, don't hasitate to remove it from yout box ;)

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: RFC: oscamstatus should be optional #8 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 14 July 2021 - 23:06

I see now why it was installed that way.

As user I remember I just edited (on PC) the oscam.server, the rest of the config was already done.

Actually I never spent much time on oscam: it does just work.

The only time I restart it is after reloading the settings after flashing a new image: the oscam.server is overwritten and so the program needs restart.

Finally, I am wondering about the KEY to insert in the config: how would you do with a remote ? Is too long :)

I did it from my PC, not from Enigma2..

A.A.

Edited by A.A., 14 July 2021 - 23:11.

Re: RFC: oscamstatus should be optional #9 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,962 posts

+334
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2021 - 05:18

A.A.

please see

https://forums.openp...dpost&p=1364856