Blind scan

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Re: Blind scan error on VU DUO 4KSE #21 el bandido

• 363 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2021 - 15:13

Vu+ seems to be a great receiver for subscription services or where you do not need blindscan capability. I ran TBS 5925 on a Vu+ Duo2 for some time, and found it did good on APSK transponders, but the blindscan was not good. The stock Vu+ Duo2 tuners could not receive APSK transponders.

You may find the Edision Mini 4K will work well for your blindscan needs. What the Edision Mini finds in blindscan can be easily transferred to the Vu+ receiver. Or you could do similar with a decent TBS card and Windows computer.

Re: Blind scan error on VU DUO 4KSE #22 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,735
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2021 - 17:23

You've beaten me, I was just about to say it's probably cheaper to buy a low-budget box with blindscan capability instead of a new high-end replacement...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Blind scan error on VU DUO 4KSE #23 ROMAN42

• 135 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 July 2021 - 23:58

Vu+ seems to be a great receiver for subscription services or where you do not need blindscan capability. I ran TBS 5925 on a Vu+ Duo2 for some time, and found it did good on APSK transponders, but the blindscan was not good. The stock Vu+ Duo2 tuners could not receive APSK transponders.

You may find the Edision Mini 4K will work well for your blindscan needs. What the Edision Mini finds in blindscan can be easily transferred to the Vu+ receiver. Or you could do similar with a decent TBS card and Windows computer.

What do you mean ...What the Edision Mini finds in blindscan can be easily transferred to the Vu+ receiver.......How exactly ?

Sony OLED 83' A90J  :wub: Panasonic UHD UB9000 , ONKYO TX-NR929, HOME CINEMA 9.1 , VU+ DUO 4K SE ,VU+ Ultimo 4K Full config,  180 cm Parabolic DISH/ Dual LNB -  Full orbit 75E-45W    , 80 cm offset dish with unicable LNB for Hot Bird.  Humax Icord HD , DUNE HD Max Vision 4K.

Re: Blind scan error on VU DUO 4KSE #24 el bandido

• 363 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2021 - 02:54

Enigma2 receivers use the same channel files. Do Blindscan(s) with the Edision. Once the blindscan is complete, transfer the lamedb file in /etc/enigma2 into the Vu+ receiver or other enigma2 receiver. The file transfer can be done over a local network. You would also need to use telnet commands init 4 & init 3. This procedure is not complicated.

Re: Blind scan error on VU DUO 4KSE #25 ROMAN42

• 135 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:15

So i use Filezilla and i will replace this file in etc folder , so should appear in receiver as last scanned ?

Edited by ROMAN42, 24 July 2021 - 07:16.

Sony OLED 83' A90J  :wub: Panasonic UHD UB9000 , ONKYO TX-NR929, HOME CINEMA 9.1 , VU+ DUO 4K SE ,VU+ Ultimo 4K Full config,  180 cm Parabolic DISH/ Dual LNB -  Full orbit 75E-45W    , 80 cm offset dish with unicable LNB for Hot Bird.  Humax Icord HD , DUNE HD Max Vision 4K.

Re: Blind scan error on VU DUO 4KSE #26 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2021 - 10:45

Yes what blindscan does is simply to check every possible value to retrieve feeds but once feeds are found (as long as it uses a standard supported by the other box) you can simply perform a manual scan with the found value and you get the image too.

So either you transfer the lamedb file and favorite or once found you perform a manual scan and your VU+ box will display you the image too.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Blind scan error on VU DUO 4KSE #27 ROMAN42

• 135 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 July 2021 - 14:12

Yes i checked from my old broke Duo 2 and what is this lamedb 5 file ? also for channel list ? and they not appear in last scanned  !!  only as satelites channel list.

Re: Blind scan error on VU DUO 4KSE #28 el bandido

• 363 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2021 - 14:51

The lamedb5 file is not used. I usually delete all the information in lamedb5, and send it as an empty file along with the lamedb file when transferring channels. The receiver will automatically make the correct information for the lamedb5 file when it restarts.

First, you will need to telnet to the box that you want to transfer the channel information to. Use init 4 to sleep the box, then transfer the channel file(s) to it. Use init 3  to wake the box up after transferring files to it.

The satellite.xml file should be identical in both boxes. Some channels or satellites may not work after the channel file transfer if the satellite.xml files are different.

You may also transfer bouquets such as userbouquet.LastScanned.tv if you want the Last scanned services to show.

I find the Edision Mini 4K and the Edision MIO receivers to have an exceptional blindscan fror a fta receiver. This is based on scans using a 3.6 meter dish for c band, and 2.4 meter/1.2 meter dishes for ku band.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users