Photo

Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection.

release problems

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #181 Icemen

• 84 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 September 2021 - 00:57

I know but i never get the oscam setting to rep over. I had to get help last time round. What major changes on new image? What is gonna be 8.2?

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #182 rakston1

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 September 2021 - 06:39

Hello. There will be an openpli for the GIGABLUE x3 4k decoder?

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #183 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2021 - 12:06

I doubt it, there hasn't been any communication (i.e. response from their side) for months...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #184 patrikcoc

• 36 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 September 2021 - 18:35

Yup, another one.

Flashing isn't a big issue, I sometimes do that ten or more times a day. Done in a few minutes.

But why is it like that though? The image is Linux based - I don't have to reinstall my Ubuntu server weekly just because there are too many updates available and the machine wouldn't boot afterwards. In fact, even major version upgrades are done without the need of reinstall, and no issues occur.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #185 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2021 - 19:54

I can spend hours explaining the issues, but the TL;DR; is

• opkg is a very basic, and it makes sequence and dependency errors when you mass update packages
  • when busybox is updated, it is removed first, which in turn removes most of the linux commnad, causing further updates to fail

Since most end-users have no clue how to revive a non-booting box, we decided to better be safe than sorry.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #186 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2021 - 21:55

Yup, another one.

Flashing isn't a big issue, I sometimes do that ten or more times a day. Done in a few minutes.

But why is it like that though? The image is Linux based - I don't have to reinstall my Ubuntu server weekly just because there are too many updates available and the machine wouldn't boot afterwards. In fact, even major version upgrades are done without the need of reinstall, and no issues occur.

1. This is hobby and no business! We have other jobs and do this in our free time and you get everything for free!
2. We do our best, but sometimes it’s not possible or the effort is too much.
3. Updating is very often possible. In other images you need to reinstall more often.
4. If you backup your settings, a new flash is done in a few minutes. An update is not much faster.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #187 Icemen

• 84 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 September 2021 - 20:55

When is the next update image? Will it be another variant of 8.1 or will it be 8.2? For vu solo2? Just so i know when i need to do it. Thankz

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #188 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 23 September 2021 - 21:59

Will still be 8.1, there is another glibc backport waiting in the windows, and that will again trigger a full rebuild of most OS packages.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #189 Icemen

• 84 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 September 2021 - 22:06

There is one dated 18th Sept. Is that the one? When shall we flash new image?

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #190 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2021 - 22:26

Take an image backup of what you're currently happy with, then try flashing a later release and restoring settings and whatever else you need.

If you can't get it working, you can get back to where you were in a couple of minutes, and then work out what was missing.

test

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #191 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 September 2021 - 01:41

No, like I wrote, there is a new update coming, probably this Sunday or Monday.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #192 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,406 posts

+395
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2021 - 09:21

Hi,

Same problem for me with openpli 8.1 Mount CIF no working on my Edision os mio 4k+

Returning home from my vacation I didn't read all postings so I am not aware whether you are informed that this issue is solved in the Nightly Build. I didn't read all postings anymore in this topic.

I just flashed the latest NB and now the Cifs mount to another box works again like before.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #193 Icemen

• 84 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2021 - 21:22

No, like I wrote, there is a new update coming, probably this Sunday or Monday.

Any news on when this new update is due in stable images dor vu solo2?

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #194 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2021 - 21:46

See the homepage for the status of the builds.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #195 Icemen

• 84 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 September 2021 - 08:05

There a few nightly builds recently but no stable build since the 18th so think they must still be working on one. The reason i asked as you said should be released sunday, monday. However like you said hobby not a business so no rush was just checking for an update. Thankz

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #196 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 September 2021 - 09:03

There was a glibc patch, which causes all C code to be recompiled. Rebuidling the kernel, Kodi and Qt already takes about 1 hour per image alone.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #197 Bruce1823

• 30 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 September 2021 - 09:17

Up to OpenPLi_7.3 and previous releases, on Octagon sf8008, I could access my external hdd with no problems. Since 8.0 and 8.1 releases, I cannot access the external hdd which has 4 partitions. Any suggestions, please? Thks.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #198 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 September 2021 - 09:20

Probably udev doesn't automount all your partitions?

Can you restart your box, login, issue the commands

dmesg | grep "sd"
mount

and post the result here?

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #199 Bruce1823

• 30 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 September 2021 - 09:34

Probably udev doesn't automount all your partitions?

Can you restart your box, login, issue the commands

dmesg | grep "sd"
mount

and post the result here?

Thanks for your quick reply. As soon as I rebooted the Box, I could see all four partitions through either Media Player and File Browser Plugins. Many thanks.

Re: Release Openpli 8.1 available in the downloadsection. #200 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,640 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 September 2021 - 09:47

Ok, so it magically fixed itself?

Did you plug in your external hdd after it was started? Then it might be a udev hotplug issue, as it seems to work if it is already connected when the box boots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users