Support for cable FBC in Vu+ Ultimo4k/Duo4K

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 matssss

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 September 2021 - 12:54

Hello!

Have kept to openPLi whole time I got sat decoders, at least 10 years beginning at VuUltimo, then also VuDuo2 and now the two 4K decoders from Vu, ordered both with FBC-sat and cable tuners.

Have tried half a dozen other images but always returned to openPLi. No issue with satellite FBC tuner, working fine during recording as well.

BUT: The VuUltimo4k and VuDuo4k haven´t support for cable FBC. The one image I tried having this is vti, but I miss openPLi´s interface and miss the settings I got used to during years.

Using ONE cable FBC channel works fine, but if I set it to record, all other cable channels are greyed-out. Using one grey-out anyway results in black pic. I can use a second channel, if uncoded. But if I try record that second channel - error in  timers - "waiting" (for first channel to end recording), despite should have 8 demodulators available in total.

I use common interface module and cable operators smartcard.

Don´t have the skills to create that support myself sadly... prolly both of how decoder lists available demodulators AND solving decryption issue? 

How come no support for cable FBC in openPLi-image?

Yours kindly,
mats sjovall

Re: Support for cable FBC in Vu+ Ultimo4k/Duo4K #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2021 - 13:02

Huh?

This smells like a configuration error, a massive number of Dutch users use FBC in combination with the local cable provider, including quite a few team members...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Support for cable FBC in Vu+ Ultimo4k/Duo4K #3 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,395 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2021 - 13:47

Both the Ultimo 4K + the Duo 4K se work flawlessly with OpenPLi. 
In the Ultimo4k the cabletuner should be in slot 1 if I recall right. 

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Support for cable FBC in Vu+ Ultimo4k/Duo4K #4 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2021 - 17:19

Both the Ultimo 4K + the Duo 4K se work flawlessly with OpenPLi. 
In the Ultimo4k the cabletuner should be in slot 1 if I recall right. 

https://github.com/O...ce70c04f10cR212

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Support for cable FBC in Vu+ Ultimo4k/Duo4K #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2021 - 07:58

In the Duo 4K try installing the DVB-C tuner into slot 1 (if it is written version 1 on the tuner card) it will only properly work with FBC in the slot 1 and then the DVB-S2X FBC tuner in the slot 2.

I had to perform this change on mine otherwise you can only use 2 tuner on the DVB-C card the other virtual tuners are not working and that's exactely the problem you describe. So in the Duo4K swap the tuner and problem will be solved.

But before swapping do the following:

connect into telnet and type:  init 4

Then with command line (vi) or from FTP edit the file:  /etc/enigma2/settings  and delete all the lines starting with:

config.Nims.

then sent back or save the file then turn off your box and swap the tuner.

Enigma2/OpenPLi doesn't like when you swap tuner before first deleting the config.Nims. line you can have unpredictable behavior.

It is an hardware limitation so every image suffered from the same problem if DVB-C version 1 is inserted into slot 2.

Pr2

Edited by Pr2, 6 September 2021 - 08:06.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Support for cable FBC in Vu+ Ultimo4k/Duo4K #6 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2021 - 08:08

Then with command line (vi) or from FTP edit the file:  /etc/enigma2/settings  and delete all the lines starting with:

Simple "Factory reset"

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Support for cable FBC in Vu+ Ultimo4k/Duo4K #7 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2021 - 09:58

Due to limitations (hardware/drivers) it is mandatory to put the dvb-c fbc tuner in slot 1 (a upto h)for the ultimo4k

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Support for cable FBC in Vu+ Ultimo4k/Duo4K #8 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2021 - 11:08

Due to limitations (hardware/drivers) it is mandatory to put the dvb-c fbc tuner in slot 1 (a upto h)for the ultimo4k

Probably for the same reason as the Duo 4K this is true only for the DVB-C that are V1 (it is written on the tuner board).  V2 version, I think, can be insalled in any slot.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Support for cable FBC in Vu+ Ultimo4k/Duo4K #9 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2021 - 21:31

I can vouch for that. Bought a DVB-C FBC for my VU+Ultimo4K and works flawlessly since day one.. 

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Support for cable FBC in Vu+ Ultimo4k/Duo4K #10 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2021 - 08:49

It is probably written V2 on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users