• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,011 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2021 - 14:57

I want to run Kodi on 2 TV's.  What is the best solution?  Can you recommend a box to buy?

Background:

From next year (febr) M7 will change its card for receivers and TV's  It looks we all have to switch over a CI or CI+ module.

problem being that these things can only decode one channel at a time.  So recording or streaming a channel (to another TV in house) is not possible.

I have a second TV in my kitchen which gets the channels from my main receiver.

Now I thought I found the solution.  The second receiver is a Maxitex-MultiboxSE equipped with OpenPLi.  You can install Kodi on this.  And this worked fine.  (it still works)  But since 1/9/2012 there has risen a problem.  Widevine stopped working on this receiver.

And I need Widevine to watch TV via the Kodi add-on's TV-Vlaanderen, VRTnu, VTMgo and GoPlay.

On a Linux or Windows PC this works fine.  Not anymore on the Maxitec.

Also Kodi installed on a Raspeberry has the problem.

A month ago I tried an Android TV box (QPlove).  Using the android apps for the above mentioned providers was OK.  Although controlling the channels with only an remote controleer was hairy.

So I installed Kodi on this Android box, together with the above mentioned providers  It worked fine.....

For one day.  Then the box broke down.  (Got my money back from Amazon)

I do not know if the Android TV boxes has the same problem with Widevine.

(Netflix uses also Widevine, so if netflix works, the others will probably also work)

So can you recommend a player which runs Kodi fully including Widevine, and does not cost an arm and a leg.

If money was no problem, I could use 2 fully grown Linux PC's.

Thanks in advance

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Kodi players #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,590 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2021 - 15:32

The problem with Widevine seems to be that is no longer works on 32-bit architectures, so it will also not work on older hardware with Windows 32-bit or Linux x86.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Kodi players #3 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,794 posts

+187
Excellent

Posted 9 September 2021 - 18:00

https://www.matthuis...arm-broken.html

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Kodi players #4 babsy98

• 166 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 10 September 2021 - 19:10

works again i have add sf8008 test image with latest widevine openatv forum

Edited by babsy98, 10 September 2021 - 19:10.

Re: Kodi players #5 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,011 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2021 - 08:56

Not on OpenPLI yet.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users