56 replies to this topic

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #21 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,395 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2021 - 10:12

I contacted Uclan again as IMHO no action is seen.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #22 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 4 October 2021 - 10:38

@Frenske

thanks, it would be nice to have all done in a few days.

I will check again this evening, I've already seen a missing patch for meta-gi (OPENPLI_FEATURES += "kodi").

@WanWizard

basically all BSP were using OPENPLI_FEATURES for kodi so I did it in the same way.

Once finished you can decide.

Cheers

A.A.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2021 - 12:28

I can live with that, "kodi" is not a MACHINE_FEATURE (i.e. it is not a hardware related feature, it is an application).

What is currently in the pipeline, or is still coming?

I would like to do another update of 8.1-release to fix some issues, but I don't want to end of with a broken Kodi in the release image.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #24 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 4 October 2021 - 13:27

I am looking for possible neon/cortexa15 optimizations, like OE-A seems trying to do.

For you to build the feeds, as long as we keep the BSP stuff in kodi_18.inc all should build as before.

Once the BSP have applied the patches we can clean the .inc.

In the inc will remain for the moment the SRC_URI/patches for

- kodi on vuduo4k/4kse

- old headers patch -> also BSP fixes

and the INSANE_SKIP_${PN}_ which *could* be settled with one generic line in the .bb (I would prefer to have the BSP fixed).

Once this kodi_18.inc is empty we are done for 8.1.

For hardknott we'll have to move to kodi_19 and this will be easy enough.

I would add meta-kodi -> hardknott and replace our kodi_19.bb with a .bbappend.

(and the broken p8platform/kodiplatform recipes)

So basically kodi will NOT BE in meta-openpli,  like other big recipes like samba, browsers, etc.

A.A.

Edited by A.A., 4 October 2021 - 13:29.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2021 - 13:50

Ok, thanks.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #26 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 4 October 2021 - 14:09

Kodi 18 is no problem for hardknott.
Works already now.

After the changes that have been made so far, you should take a look at the directfb vu +.
Otherwise this leads to errors in the rebuild.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #27 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 4 October 2021 - 14:14

Ok, I'll take  a look.

About kodi 19 it looks like it is required to support latest inputstream helpers / widevine.

In meta-kodi in the hardknott branch there is only _git (19.1) so once we switch to meta-kodi we must upgrade.

That for the sake of simplicity

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #28 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 4 October 2021 - 14:15

For hardknott only webkit from vu + is a problem.
So hhbtv things. I don't think VU + will fix this, so you would have to consider your own other solutions.
Or rather gratefully take over solutions from OE-Alliance.

The image is already running perfectly from the hard knot branch.
But some adjustments to busybox and Samba are certainly still desirable.
That’s image starts up faster than before.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #29 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 4 October 2021 - 14:19

Widevine has already been patched (glibc), thanks to OE-Alliance and ATVCaptain.
This also works with Kodi 18.

So you could definitely continue with Hardknott, first step in python2 and Kodi 18.
If at some point python3 e2, then of course switch to kodi 19.

Edited by rantanplan, 4 October 2021 - 14:20.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #30 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2021 - 14:31

So hhbtv things. I don't think VU + will fix this, so you would have to consider your own other solutions.
Or rather gratefully take over solutions from OE-Alliance

The problem with this is that all HbbTV solutions as added to the BSP by vendors are closed source, as they are using software under license (which is probably also why is has never been updated since).

OE-A uses a ripped solution from one of the vendors, patched to work on all boxes. As that violates licenses, it is against our policies.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #31 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 4 October 2021 - 14:34

@rantanplan

excellent news, kodi_18 has long to go.

Still...the actual kodi-ecosystem is horrible (p8platform/kodiplatform) and does not allow correct rebuild from sstate afaik.

Not a major hassle anyway.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #32 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 4 October 2021 - 15:10

Or rather gratefully take over solutions from OE-Alliance

The problem with this is that all HbbTV solutions as added to the BSP by vendors are closed source, as they are using software under license (which is probably also why is has never been updated since).

OE-A uses a ripped solution from one of the vendors, patched to work on all boxes. As that violates licenses, it is against our policies.

I am aware of this discussion.

But the question is, which licenses are you talking about?
The webkit is open source.
Edision has shown it long ago and if you want to move away from qt5.9 and consistently follow the Hardknott branch, then this feature must be deactivated in the VU + receiver in order to build the image.
The question is how to go about it.
I don't even know if hbbtv is still running properly at vu + in the current branch.
It is certainly not a perfect solution.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #33 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2021 - 15:21

HbbTV itself (which is a compiled javascript app that extends the HTML language with custom tags) isn't.

For the 4K boxes, VU+ has switched to Chromium (but again with a closed source HbbTV component), but that hasn't worked for a long time (I assume due to changes in our Enigma which it needs to interface with).

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #34 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 4 October 2021 - 15:31

This is due to the update of the zeus branch.
In principle, you would have to reset the qt for vu + or create an extra downgraded Branch.
This is how OE-Alliance does it too.
This does not make much sense for further updates in the direction of Hardknott.
It no longer works anyway?
So you should part with it.
Then one could in any case already be thinking in the direction of Hardknott.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #35 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2021 - 16:10

Most likely, VU+ itself has never updated their OE, they're still using something from 2013 or so...

Nobody ever looked at it, as I don't use it (no HbbTV in my country) and I don't really have the correct debugging skills.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #36 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 4 October 2021 - 16:51

It's relatively simple.
The basis of the solution is based on qt5.9. All further updates result in an unusable plugin hbbtv
Conversely, you cannot fix a qt branch until further notice because of a plugin (regardless of the closed source).
openhbbtv is the better way anyway and it needs the updates.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #37 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,395 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2021 - 18:31

Uclan received this reply from the Chinese maintainer of the BSP.

I have answer from engineers, they wrote that in China holidays now till 7 of October.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #38 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 4 October 2021 - 21:01

We are again off-topic but my 2 cents here: if hbbtv is broken please remove it.

In my country it is already at 3.x (raiplay) so no plugin is working (well, kodi-plugins do).

A.A.

Edited by A.A., 4 October 2021 - 21:03.

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #39 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,806 posts

+83
Good

Posted 5 October 2021 - 12:59

meta-openpli/recipes-mediacenter/kodi/kodi_18.bb: Variable key RDEPENDS_${PN} ( vuplus-kodi-vuduo4k) replaces original key RDEPENDS_kodi ( vuplus-kodi-${MACHINE})

Re: necessary BSP adjustments for kodi 18 / CMake #40 A.A.

• 391 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 5 October 2021 - 14:09

meta-openpli/recipes-mediacenter/kodi/kodi_18.bb: Variable key RDEPENDS_${PN} ( vuplus-kodi-vuduo4k) replaces original key RDEPENDS_kodi ( vuplus-kodi-${MACHINE})

yes, meta-vuplus is updated and kodi_18.inc is redefining the variable

We are in the middle of the changes...

Edited by A.A., 5 October 2021 - 14:10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users