• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 oxejatte

• 79 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 5 November 2021 - 16:14

Hi,

I'm trying to modify a skin to have realtime end of a movie instead displaying remaining hh:mm:ss

For example if at 22;00 i begin to watch a recorded movie which lenght is 45mn i want to display in infobar "EndTime 22;45"

How could i do this ?

I've tried to play around with <convert type="ServicePosition"> and <convert type="ServiceTime"> without success.

Is there a converter that can do that ?

I've searched everywhere without any luck.

Any advice ?

Regards

Re: EndTime Converter #2 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,970 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2021 - 10:12

Hi,

I'm trying to modify a skin to have realtime end of a movie instead displaying remaining hh:mm:ss

For example if at 22;00 i begin to watch a recorded movie which lenght is 45mn i want to display in infobar "EndTime 22;45"

How could i do this ?

I've tried to play around with <convert type="ServicePosition"> and <convert type="ServiceTime"> without success.

Is there a converter that can do that ?

I've searched everywhere without any luck.

Any advice ?

Regards

Welcom.

[ServicePosition] add type TYPE_START_END_TIME

You are the first in a year and a half who needs it :) .

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: EndTime Converter #3 oxejatte

• 79 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 November 2021 - 12:43

Thank you very much Dimitrij, it' exactly what i was looking for  :thumbs-up: I never heard about Startendtime in ServicePosition converter.    startendtime.jpg

Re: EndTime Converter #4 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,784 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2021 - 13:43

@Dimitrij Nice feature maybe add it to the PLi skins?

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: EndTime Converter #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2021 - 13:49

The skins have already much information…. But add it so skins can use it can be done I think. And maybe consider to call it just END_TIME as START before it is somehow confusing.

Edited by littlesat, 6 November 2021 - 13:50.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: EndTime Converter #6 mrvica

• 1,218 posts

+80
Good

Posted 6 November 2021 - 13:53

if you pause or do skipping, is the end time still correct?

Re: EndTime Converter #7 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,784 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2021 - 13:56

The skins have already much information…. But add it so skins can use it can be done I think. And maybe consider to call it just END_TIME as START before it is somehow confusing.

Maybe make it optional in custommize, so as an addition that you can also see the time when it ends

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Re: EndTime Converter #8 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,784 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2021 - 13:58

So an option in GUI settings.

Re: EndTime Converter #9 oxejatte

• 79 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 November 2021 - 14:08

if you pause or do skipping, is the end time still correct?

In pause no when i do skipping yes, but i'm using AdvancedFreePlayer Infobar, will try later with native MoviePlayer Infobar

Skin modified just to try, later i'll add START and END_TIME to avoid confusing

Re: EndTime Converter #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2021 - 17:07

We already have too many options….add another is also confusing especially when the skins decide what to display where… and actually end time is usually the start time of the next… so somehow this is double information and in channel selection you get even more…. So personally I do not see the real added value… And start and end time together take more place than a duration… so for skinning making it configurable is not doable. Years years ago we tried and did a lot of work to get the skinning clean and balanced… maybe for the second infobar showing start and end time above the epg info could be considered.

Edited by littlesat, 6 November 2021 - 17:12.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users