Photo

New search option idea: Clear before scan (keep flags)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 14 November 2021 - 22:29

Nowadays even more services in Enigma2 need to be flagged in order to work, such as T2-MI, BBC, non conventional dvb services etc. These are easy to make on any editor by assigning certain attributes using the c: parameter and the f:4 or f:5 flags on the lamedb. However when a user needs to make a full refresh on a satellite position, there is no option to keep these flagged services intact and perform a clear scan on all others. This used to work somehow with the keep feeds option, but not anymore. Is it possible to add this functionality in Enigma2 permanently by making E2 check for f: entries in the lamedb and ignore them before clearing all other before scanning? I think it would be very useful so users don't have to readd these manually again?

Re: New search option idea: Clear before scan (keep flags) #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2021 - 14:23

For a long time I had the idea to put these flags in a separate file.... and then somehow arrange a cleanup for services that do not exist in the main lamedb... Still better to move the complete settings stuff in a sql database with structure... (the same for EPG info)... But a complete redesign is needed for this and cooperation and devs willing helping to perform it and define the specifications.

Edited by littlesat, 15 November 2021 - 14:23.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: New search option idea: Clear before scan (keep flags) #3 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 15 November 2021 - 21:14

I always wondered, how does the keep feeds option work in the first place? How does E2 determine what service is a feed? Maybe a similar approach could be useful for flagged services too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users