Photo

Telnet problem (password problem)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #21 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 15:31

I install oscam and this appears to meAttached File  oscam1.jpg   216.96KB   2 downloadsAttached File  oscam 2.jpg   239.23KB   2 downloads

I open telnet and it gives me the error

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #22 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 15:34

Attached File  dopo oscam.jpg   38.81KB   2 downloads

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #23 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 November 2021 - 16:08

So this really looks like a problem with GLIBC 2.34 version in OpenPLi 8.1, in the case of the firmware for your device - Zgemma H9 Combo.

Only developers from the OpenPLi developer team will solve this.

If you want, the manual installation procedure of Oscam would help. Here is the extracted binary file from the OpenPLi 8.1 installation package - see attachment (as first, unzip it !):

...and here is my softcam shell-script (inside you will find instructions on how to proceed):

- URL to download shell-script: https://github.com/s.../master/softcam

- URL to shell-script source code: https://github.com/s.../master/softcam

However !!! Before that, just try to re-flash OpenPLi 8.1 as clean. Then try updating OpenPLi firmware... because this is probably the cause of the problem... i.e. troubles with OpenPLi 8.1 update for your device. There is a compatibility issue with the GLIBC package... maybe. If you apply the update in your installed OpenPLi 8.1, then the telnet connection will probably not work again.

However, this is only a temporary solution. If you use the OpenPLi-8.1 update over the Internet, the same problem is likely to occur again until the problem is resolved.

Attached Files

Edited by s3n0, 22 November 2021 - 16:09.

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 22 November 2021 - 16:32

The screenshots do not show where that Oscam version is coming from, and that might be on purpose.

We build oscam from source, as part of the image build, and against the glibc version in the image, which is 2.30.

So whatever is said about the matter, this is NOT the oscam ipk from our feed!

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #25 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 16:55

So this really looks like a problem with GLIBC 2.34 version in OpenPLi 8.1, in the case of the firmware for your device - Zgemma H9 Combo.

Only developers from the OpenPLi developer team will solve this.

If you want, the manual installation procedure of Oscam would help. Here is the extracted binary file from the OpenPLi 8.1 installation package - see attachment (as first, unzip it !):

...and here is my softcam shell-script (inside you will find instructions on how to proceed):

- URL to download shell-script: https://github.com/s.../master/softcam

- URL to shell-script source code: https://github.com/s.../master/softcam

However !!! Before that, just try to re-flash OpenPLi 8.1 as clean. Then try updating OpenPLi firmware... because this is probably the cause of the problem... i.e. troubles with OpenPLi 8.1 update for your device. There is a compatibility issue with the GLIBC package... maybe. If you apply the update in your installed OpenPLi 8.1, then the telnet connection will probably not work again.

However, this is only a temporary solution. If you use the OpenPLi-8.1 update over the Internet, the same problem is likely to occur again until the problem is resolved.

thanks ... but this is too much for me
I don't know where to start

Edited by sardic, 22 November 2021 - 16:56.

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #26 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 16:57

if i try the oscam stable version it doesn't installAttached File  oscam stable.jpg   134.86KB   2 downloads

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #27 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 November 2021 - 17:07

@sardic :

Yes, this is still the same problem with GLIBC version compatibility. Try to do it, what I wrote above. Flash new firmware OpenPLi 8.1 again. Then don't install anything at all (no plugins, no channel lists, no special changes, etc.). Just start the OpenPLi 8.1 update via GUI MENU or via Linux-Shell:

opkg update
opkg list-upgradable > /tmp/list_upgradable.txt
init 4
opkg upgrade
reboot

The generated file "/tmp/list_upgradable.txt" please, if you can, attach to the discussion here (do it before rebooting the set-top box, because after rebooting the contents of the "/tmp" folder will lost).

@WanWizard :

However, no source other than the OpenPLi feed is visible in the screenshots - while downloading the Oscam packages. I just don't understand why multiple Oscam packages are downloaded there (such as the "status" package). In my opinion, GLIBC is updated during the OpenPLi 8.1 update. However, I'm not quite sure about that.

Edited by s3n0, 22 November 2021 - 17:15.

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #28 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 17:34

Attached File  list_upgradable.txt   53bytes   7 downloads

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #29 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 November 2021 - 17:50

There is nothing about the GLIBC package to update.

Where and how exactly are you downloading Oscam ? Your Oscam download process is probably incorrect. Why not download it from the list of plugins - via the GUI MENU, in OpenPLi ?

Edited by s3n0, 22 November 2021 - 17:54.

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #30 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 17:54

I'm downloading from the plugin list ..... menu, plugin, green button, softcam, oscam

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #31 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 18:14

I noticed that I can't do the total reset ...
I formatted the hard drive
I deleted all images 1, 2, 3, 4 ...
I initially started the flash with mmc recovery ......
i installed the mmc image in slot1 ....
I still had the old settings ... is this normal?

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #32 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 November 2021 - 18:25

I don't know how the Zgemma internal flash drive works. The enigma2 configuration (file "/etc/enigma2/settings") may be stored in a different disk and on a different directory path that may not have been formatted. I really don't know because I don't know the Zgemma format of the flash drive. All I know is that the internal flash drive is somehow divided into several parts in this set-top box.

Or maybe you booted up an old image ?

Anyway... that's one of the possibilities... as you write... i.e. the flash drive is incorrectly reformatted / cleaned or the firmware is incorrectly loaded.

After flashing the new clean OpenPLi Enigma2 firmware, the lengthy process of setting up Enigma2 (all basic settings such as location, tuner, HDMI output, etc.) has to start - did this happen in your case ?

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #33 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 22 November 2021 - 18:31

We don't have a package in the feed called "oscam-stable".

Either this is not an OpenPLi image (downloaded from our site), or this used is using an external ipk file, and refuses to say so.

@S3n0, he is wasting your time.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #34 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 18:31

"After flashing the new clean OpenPLi Enigma2 firmware, the lengthy process of setting up Enigma2 (all basic settings such as location, tuner, HDMI output, etc.) has to start - did this happen in your case ?"

no, it didn't

automatically configures language, hdmi output, tuner etc.

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #35 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 18:43

I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time .....
I don't know what happens ....
after the last flash, I saw that the plugin list is shorter

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #36 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 November 2021 - 18:47

In that case, you don't use the original OpenPLi firmware... so the person who gave you or copied the OpenPLi image from the original and modified it to their own taste must advise you !

I recommend to use the original OpenPLi firmware... download it here: https://openpli.org/download/zgemma/

Edited by s3n0, 22 November 2021 - 18:51.

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #37 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 18:55

i am using this image

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #38 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 22 November 2021 - 19:17

what image?

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #39 sardic

• 52 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2021 - 19:20

openpli-8.1-release-h9combo-20211121_recovery_emmc.zip

Re: Telnet problem (password problem) #40 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 November 2021 - 19:21

As I wrote above, the original and clean Enigma2 image after a fresh installation requires a complete configuration of Enigma2 (select: your language, TV output type and screen resolution, choose what and how many satellite positions / satellite dishes / LNBs you use, etc.). If this new firmware doesn't ask for some new settings, you probably don't use the original firmware or you used the wrong procedure to flash the firmware.

The Zgemma H9 Combo probably requires some special flashing procedure, as this device contains some special partitioned, internal flash drive. I don't know this set-top box and I haven't found a reliable flashing guide on the internet. Sorry.

Edited by s3n0, 22 November 2021 - 19:29.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users