OpenPLi develop

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Re: OpenPLi develop #21 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 8 January 2022 - 16:16

Now I have installed the image for development with the help of yusb and the box does not start anymore the spinner is constantly spinning

Alcohol for wimps. Strong people enjoy depression.

Re: OpenPLi develop #22 Marchella

• 108 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 January 2022 - 16:32

these edits do not work, the image does not load.

Re: OpenPLi develop #23 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 8 January 2022 - 16:32

@ato: The full version of OpenWebif from the creators of Github may not always work, due to the customization of OpenWebif for a particular Enigma2 distribution. But in general, it should work. I myself tried to download (reinstall) the Github version directly to OpenATV and it worked... but it already looked a little different.

Re: OpenPLi develop #24 Marchella

• 108 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 January 2022 - 16:40

these edits do not work, the image does not load.

Thank you! With these edits, everything works now.

Re: OpenPLi develop #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2022 - 16:40

I've just build new images for my own boxes, and they work fine, so this issue will be resolved when the changes get into the next build, sometime tomorrow morning.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPLi develop #26 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2022 - 16:42

Thank you! With these edits, everything works now.

Possible, if you are using a fixed IP address, that still had an issue. I don't use fixed IP's anywhere, so I hadn't noticed.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OpenPLi develop #27 Amai

• 615 posts

+26
Good

Posted 8 January 2022 - 16:48

@ato: The full version of OpenWebif from the creators of Github may not always work, due to the customization of OpenWebif for a particular Enigma2 distribution. But in general, it should work. I myself tried to download (reinstall) the Github version directly to OpenATV and it worked... but it already looked a little different.

That's why there are multiple versions to download. You have to download the right version for your image. 
The one I mentioned has always worked for me on openpli-develop.

Re: OpenPLi develop #28 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2022 - 18:02

Did you miss the "it has nothing to do with OpenWebif but with a change in Enigma which has now been fixed" higher up in this topic?

Re: OpenPLi develop #29 Amai

• 615 posts

+26
Good

Posted 8 January 2022 - 18:24

No, it was about how to reinstall openwebif (not from feed) @ #11

I have replaced Network.py on my box. No more loop with fixed IP address.
Thanks

Edited by ato, 8 January 2022 - 18:33.

Re: OpenPLi develop #30 sateric55

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 January 2022 - 19:14

Hello,
On a VU + zero4K with version
openpli-develop-vuzero4k-20220208_usb.zip
Displayed at the start of 02/07 and not 08, no big deal
But impossible to enter "network", it reboots the system. So I no longer have a network because I had to change the box and I can no longer put my zero4k back on the network.
Help.

Re: OpenPLi develop #31 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2022 - 20:37

See the previous post.

Re: OpenPLi develop #32 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,640 posts

+459
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2022 - 21:51

Now I have installed the image for development with the help of yusb and the box does not start anymore the spinner is constantly spinning

If you've got a (auto)backup of your system, you can try to flash a previous version which doesn't contain the wrong version, use your backup to restore your settings and try to update in a few days again, by that time the fixed version will be available :)

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: OpenPLi develop #33 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 8 January 2022 - 23:48

Tech

Thank you :) So far I have installed stable version 8.1 (adrenaline is off scale) Yes, by the way, the boot logo for 8.1 is Excellent !!!! Botlogo's creator has a good sense of humor :)))) if my development version hadn't broken, then I would never have seen this masterpiece :)

Alcohol for wimps. Strong people enjoy depression.

Re: OpenPLi develop #34 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,273 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2022 - 09:39

Shouldn’t we better freeze changes to develop due to the py3 stuff?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: OpenPLi develop #35 nautilus7

• 229 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 9 January 2022 - 12:12

My opinion is to sync the python3 branch with latest develop and keep doing in develop whatever you do. And sync again and again at a regular basis. The more time the python3 branch is left without updates from develop, the more difficult would be to sync with it, aka merge into it, when it's time.

Should I make a PR to sync python3 branch with the latest develop? Let me know.

Re: OpenPLi develop #36 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2022 - 14:40

Chances are it will take many months before the py3 code is usable, we can't freeze everything for that long.

Regular rebasing is the best solution.

Re: OpenPLi develop #37 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,794 posts

+187
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2022 - 14:53

...and maybe take into account that develop, since changing the development strategy to nightly build, is accessible to the public/users and (from what I recon) is widely used.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: OpenPLi develop #38 Beeker

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,477 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2022 - 15:01

I suggest a git rebase.

Also remove commits with git rebase to cleanup E2.

Removing all the up/down key fixes and the git reverts etc.

This all in a seperate branch first.

When everything correct, replace the existing python3 branch.

Dreambox dm920, Uclan Ustym4Kpro, Gigablue UHD TRIO 4K and Dreambox dm8000. Wavefrontier T55 13.0|19.2|23.5|28.2 + Ziggo.

Re: OpenPLi develop #39 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2022 - 15:57

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users