Henksat Settings

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Re: Henksat Settings #21 PLi-Guy

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 December 2009 - 18:51

Hello All,

I have a DM500S. I'm new to satellite TV.

I live on the other side of the planet, Oregon, USA.

Would I be better off trying to find a group or forum or image with information specific to my region?

If this is the case, can you suggest one?

Thanks,

-PLi-Guy

Re: Henksat Settings #22 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 19 December 2009 - 19:40

Why would you? Thanks to the convenience of the internet you can post your findings/problems here. It doesn't matter if you're in the US or anywhere else ;)

Pli is developed for countries all over the world (see http://www.pli-image...tics/geomap.php for Pli users worldwide). As you see there are also other users from the US using Pli and active on this forum, so the images work for US based satellite operators I would think.

Besides Pli is the ONLY true open image for the Dreambox there is (the code is freely available). So if now or in the future there are (US specific) issues people (from the US) can solve these in the code so they will be available for everyone. Also you can mention them here so other programmers (both from the Pli team or just people who are good in programming) can look at it and solve it. Other images keep their code (mostly) closed so it is much more difficult to get solutions in them.

Re: Henksat Settings #23 PLi-Guy

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 December 2009 - 00:02

Dream1975,

Thank you kindly for your reply.

Yes, I do have PLi up and running, and I sincerely wish robust, good health and happiness for the people that created and maintain the software.

Things are working fine except for problems with getting the DM500 to record to a PC. I am following developments on another thread, so hopefully, that should get solved.

I guess my question regards satellite files. I see that there's a wealth of information regarding activity on the European satellites, and not so much on satellites over the Americas. Maybe I just don't know where to look? Maybe there's just not so much satellite activity in the skys above my location? Currently I'm recieving Galaxy 19 (97W) and quite a few programs there.

Also, I have run into terms such as "Blind Scan", "Automatic Scan", Manual Scan". I understand what "Scan" means, but beyond that, I'm not so sure.

As if that weren't enough, I'm collecting the hardware to put up additional dishes, and I realize that there are satellites of some sort spread out across the Clarke Belt, every degree or less. I have one of those inexpensive satellite signal strength meters, but without knowing which satellite I'm pointed at, I'm at a complete loss as to how to proceed. I have a friend with a Bird-Dog meter who helped me get dialed into Galaxy 19 (97W), but I don't want to wear out his generosity when my set-up gets more complex. I know that the satellites broadcast a Unique Satellite Identifier, which the Bird-Dog reads. Is the DreamBox smart enough to read that data? Is there any way, short of shelling out $450, to tell what satellite a particular LNB is aimed at?

These are the kinds of questions that are disturbing my peace of mind...

Best Regards,

-PLi-Guy

Re: Henksat Settings #24 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 24 December 2009 - 14:39

For North America specific information about the dreambox you can log in to http://db4na.net/

Re: Henksat Settings #25 Henksat

• 14,843 posts

+50
Good

Posted 28 February 2010 - 22:42

New settings available: http://www.pli-image...HenksatSettings

These settings will be available for download on the box soon.
Have fun.

Re: Henksat Settings #26 Henksat

• 14,843 posts

+50
Good

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:37

New settings available: 14-04-2010, see the HenksatSettings page.
Have fun.

Re: Henksat Settings #27 snake007uk

• 77 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 May 2010 - 12:56

HI,

Sorry for the noob question? but as a general 28.2 Sly watcher. What benefits will I get with these settings? What I am asking is why would you install these settings?

Re: Henksat Settings #28 Henksat

• 14,843 posts

+50
Good

Posted 1 May 2010 - 13:11

HI,

Sorry for the noob question? but as a general 28.2 Sly watcher. What benefits will I get with these settings? What I am asking is why would you install these settings?

Explain yoursef, also here are Sku UK watchers....
When you have a better Sky UK list for Dreamboxes i would like to have it.

Re: Henksat Settings #29 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 1 May 2010 - 13:13

It's just a ready-made channel list, it saves you scanning the sats yourself, and then going through the tedious process of selecting channels and add them to your bouquets of favorites list. It also saves you from having to update it manually when channels move or disappear, or if new channels appear...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Henksat Settings #30 snake007uk

• 77 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 May 2010 - 13:23

I see, very useful (only if I knew earlier :)

Thanks

Re: Henksat Settings #31 Henksat

• 14,843 posts

+50
Good

Posted 16 September 2010 - 21:43

New settings available, soon in downloads OpenPLi

Highlights last update:
[list]
[*]Fixed many servicerefs to avoid autotimer problems
[*]All Changes Canal Digitaal (NL)
[*]Renamed bouqet filenames to be more compatible with Autotimer (Maybe you need to set new Autotimers)
[*]Add new list: Astra 28.2, Astra 23.5, Astra 19.2, Hotbird 13.0, Sirius 4.8, Thor 0.8
[*]New scanned all satellites
[*]And much more channel updates .....
[*]Special Thanks to Obiwan for his great settings for the Turkish community[/list]http://www.pli-image...HenksatSettings

Re: Henksat Settings #32 yuanyelss

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:59

I have dreambox 7000 can someone tell me haw can i wath digitalb tv or tring tv on eutelsat w2 i have internet and pli on my dreambox what i must doo 2 watchthet thx for enserž ...

Re: Henksat Settings #33 gregoire

• 81 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 October 2012 - 13:28

Is there some way to "customize" the name of the bouquet ?
For example to have français instead of what seems to be français in neerlandish ?
English for english, deutsch etc ?

Anyway it's even with the strange bouquet's name a great enhancement to openpli :-)

Re: Henksat Settings #34 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 20 October 2012 - 14:42

If you want to modify the settings list, the best thing to do is to use a tool like DreamboxEdit on your PC.

Use it to download the list, modify it, and send it back. Before you send it back, delete the settinglist you have downloaded via Menu, Plugins. It's under version control, so if an update arrives it will overwrite your own list.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Henksat Settings #35 gregoire

• 81 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2012 - 22:58

Sorry, I meaned some scriptable way to customize the list, such that it's done automatically on each update (like a "simple" sed command to change some name).

Re: Henksat Settings #36 Henksat

• 14,843 posts

+50
Good

Posted 21 October 2012 - 23:31

No, such a way isn`t possible at this moment. Maybe once if we can make it that way..

Re: Henksat Settings #37 gregoire

• 81 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2012 - 14:05

It doesn't matter so much now that my family and I are getting use to the name :-)
Thanks again for such a great channels list.

Re: Henksat Settings #38 Adu0911

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 January 2013 - 14:28

There are many channel lists to choose from, not only Henksat's, so I still think that having a date in paranthesis in the download list, for all the channel list setting archives, would be really useful.
Forever Ghana,The Best Casual Dating & Social Networking Site with Online Chat Room and Forum for share your feelings.
Ghana Flag

Re: Henksat Settings #39 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 23 May 2013 - 16:29

There are many channel lists to choose from, not only Henksat's, so I still think that having a date in paranthesis in the download list, for all the channel list setting archives, would be really useful.

The problem with channel lists , is that pli is covering as good as world wide base. Then it's not easy to make a channel list for everyone. There will always be something good for the one bad for the other and so on.

If You're living in holland You can use the channel list from Henksat which are quit ok. But somewhere else it's best to scan you're own lists using the channeler scanner.

The best way how to proceed, is making you're own channels list. But for that You will have to modifie the satellite.xml file from openpli. This cause the delivered sattellite.xml is buggy and out dated .

What is wrong with the current openpli satellite.xml.

First its' outdated a couple of very important changes on 19.2 E and 23.5 E are not included (perhaps other sat's as well but from those two I'm shure)

Second openpli decided to put fec in auto mode for dvb-s transponders. Unfortunately for 23.5 which still have a few dvb-s tranponders this does not work at all and none of you're channels on those transponders will be found and scanned. On top of it some off the transponders which are stiil in dvb-s on 19.2 E are unstable in scanning due to this auto mode on fec. They will scan the majority of the avbl channels but not all. If you use a correct satellite.xml where the fec is set for the specific transponder this problem does not occur.  My test are performed on a dm8000 it is possible that on other boxes this problem does not occur.

The best way how to do now is making You own satellite.xml file. You can use website

http://satellites-xml.org/

Then make an adapted xml file to you're needs.

Copy this file to folder /etc/tuxbox on you're decoder . (at least if it's a dreambox other boxes may have other location)

Reboot the box

Then scan you're channels per satellite while keeping you're old ones (set no to erase first channels)

The after all satellites are scanned that way. Reboot the box.

It should be ok now and the channels you are using will be set with correct fec (not auto)

Then You can if You wish rescan while now erase the old ones first, this to obtain a clean list.

Remember always backup before startings such cleanups. 

Edited by christophecvr, 23 May 2013 - 16:34.

Re: Henksat Settings #40 Mossboy68

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 August 2013 - 23:06

Hello, if I want these saved on to my d800 how do I do this?  Please help thank you. on my dm8000 they are automatically updated.

Please help.

Thank you in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users