Photo

No tuners after update

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 denbeiren

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:24

First of all, let me say that i know that there is no more support for the older dreambox devices,.. 

Nevertheless i ran into an issue and hope someone could help out. 

I used to run OpenPLI 4 on my dm800SE devices without issue,.. the version dated from (end) 2018

Yesterday i dit a software update, was surprised that there where updates and ran them. (12/2019)

I have nu tuners since. 

Any idea on where i could troubleshoot? 

Re: No tuners after update #2 denbeiren

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 January 2022 - 07:35

small update,..

I verified the bootloader and it's on 84

I am having the issue on 2 boxes DM800SE (afraid to update the third, DM7020HD)

Re: No tuners after update #3 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 18 January 2022 - 08:53

Hi.

This sometimes happens to me sometimes, but in the case of OpenATV and not OpenPLi.

In one case, then, for me, helped reboot the set-top box. Probably, any changes in the tuner settings (not only updating the tuner system drivers but also connecting a new satellite, activating the secondary tuner, etc.) require a complete restart of the set-top box.

In other case of the problem, it helped me to restore the "settings" (list of userbouquet favorite channels, lamedb file, satellites.xml file) using E-Channelizer or DreamboxEdit. Then the tuners reappeared in the configuration menu. In this case, the "lamedb" and "satellites.xml" files may have been a problem.

I don't know what could be the cause in your case. But try to describe your problem in more detail - what exactly happened.

What does your tuner setup screen look like ? Are there any nonsensical tuners displayed or is there no tuner at all (empty configuration "Screen") ?

Did you try resetting to factory settings ? Or full re-flash the image from the internet ? Of course it's a lengthy process :). And then you have to restore all your backup plugin configurations in Enigma2 :).

Edited by s3n0, 18 January 2022 - 08:56.

Re: No tuners after update #4 denbeiren

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 January 2022 - 09:34

As i said, i had everything running ok with the pli image 4 dating from end 2018. 

I did a softwareupdate (as i have done multiple times before) to the latest version 12/2019.

After reboot my tuner didn't have any channels. 

I went in the config and my tuners displayed "idle"

I can't scan any channels because my tuners search for the different sats and come up with nothing.. 

I thought i had a dying box, so i tried the same update with the other box i had. same problem :(

I tried factory settings,.. no change,.. tuners stay "idle" and can't identify any sats.. 

I have a GSO switch with 2 sats,.. astra 19 and astra 23

The third box works and has channels,.. so dish, lnb and GSO work as would be expected

Re: No tuners after update #5 Aliraza63

• PLi® Tester
  • 250 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 18 January 2022 - 12:31

In my experience it mostly happens with clone box 

DM-900 ,DM-520, Vu+Duo2

Re: No tuners after update #6 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 18 January 2022 - 12:57

It is difficult to judge what the problem is. It can be anything.

But I'll ask again: What does the tuner configuration screen look like ? Can you take a screenshot too ? I don't know what is meant by "idle". What data do you see there ? Is there shown a fake tuner(s) ? Or is the tuner shown there correctly ? I still don't understand.

Isn't your DM set-top box a clone ? How did @Aliraza63 write ?

Re: No tuners after update #7 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 January 2022 - 07:50

Or a non genuine openpli….

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: No tuners after update #8 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2022 - 12:58

No...A none Genuine DM800se trying tot run Genuine firmware or a genuine DM809se running non- official firmware....

In most cases simply a clone box.... If IT has build-in WiFi we knie enough
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: No tuners after update #9 Dimmie

• 2,338 posts

+33
Good

Posted 25 January 2022 - 15:33

Please put some pictures of front and bottom (with sticker) of the box. This will probably show if you have a genuine or a clone box.

Re: No tuners after update #10 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2022 - 17:47

In any case there is not much to update for any DM800se when OpenPli is conserned. OpenPli 4 was the last official version for the DM800se V1. Lack of memory prohibited later versions. Off course there are a lot of homebuild versions around with ‘lean’ versions of OpenPli 6 but no guarantees whatsoever…. 

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users